Favourite pizza place

aw man I love Pizza Hut something awful, and Boston has the best desserts, I am so mad that they took the Cream Pie Scraper off the menu. And recently I have developed a taste for Papa Johns, they appetizers are that good especially those pepperoni rolls

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!! lol.

I love Dals, the Looch, and little pizza heaven.. but lately my favourite has been Spanky's out in East Kildonan.

I'm also dying to try Veras.  I've heard its ridiculously good and authentic to how pizza is supposed to be done.

Santa Lucia is my favorite.

There's also a place in Winnipeg Square, sells pizza by the slice. It's ridiculously good. The meat lovers is amazing (my favorite) and they have a great Mediterranean (veggie) pizza. I never remember the name.

Like most here, santa and niakwa are tops for me. Ive been meaning to get down and try carbone coal fired pizza for a while. The best pizzas ive ever had have been coal fire cooked.  Used to be a lil pizza shop in st vital that was really good, but that was ages ago. 

Off topic, original georges burgers and subs is my favorite burger n fry joint. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

There's also a place in Winnipeg Square, sells pizza by the slice. It's ridiculously good. The meat lovers is amazing (my favorite) and they have a great Mediterranean (veggie) pizza. I never remember the name.

Pizza & Pasta Della Piazza?

Can't beat a Supreme large from the Hut on a Thursday for $11.3 all in.

17 hours ago, JCon said:

Pizza & Pasta Della Piazza.  It's a hard name to remember, but the pizza is unforgettable!  Love it.

I'm surprised the thread has gone this far without mentioning Gondola.  So good.

15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pizza & Pasta Della Piazza?

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Pizza & Pasta Della Piazza.  It's a hard name to remember, but the pizza is unforgettable!  Love it.

Yes, that's it. I always feel bad when I cannot remember the name. I send lots of people down there.

The family is so nice too.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm surprised the thread has gone this far without mentioning Gondola.  So good.

I erased a post that was mentioning Gondolas pizza yesterday because I haven't really had it for like 10 years since power 97 stopped offering it up as the power lunch (I think they run the promo through Santa Lucia now) but I used to win that power lunch ever couple of months.  It was pretty good back then, but after living a block away from a gondolas for a few years on vivian and st marys I kind of over killed it.  maybe it's time to order it up again. 

Santa Anna's on the corner of St Mary's and Vista is my favourite... a hidden gem I love, if you happen to be in Altona there's a little joint called Pizza Haven, it's quite good...

Probably not the best in the city but I really love going to ZA Pizza Bistro...if you haven't been there, it's basically a "subway-style" pizza where you pay $12ish and you pick the crust/sauce/toppings... and everything is unlimited... the only drawback is is the wait time... if there's a line up, expect to be waiting at least 30 mins from the time you walk in to the time you leave with your pizza... 

33 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The ZA pizza in cityplace has their system moving pretty good.  Big lineup there at lunch every day but the wait time is reasonable.

Another good hidden gem is "Back at the Ranch" in Oakbank.  The crust is kinda weird, like a pie crust, but it is very good pizza.

One of the best things ZA has going for them is the availability of goat cheese. Game changer.