Winnipeg @ Ottawa: Are they due?

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, tracker said:

Óttawa is not as bad as their record indicates. Harris is having a great year and if their defence tightens up, it will be a real dogfight, so Bombers better come prepared to compete.

Yep. I'm worried about this game. Harris & Co. gave the Stamps a run for their money. With state of our secondary...

Just now, Mark H. said:

Yep. I'm worried about this game. Harris & Co. gave the Stamps a run for their money. With state of our secondary...

They've given every opponent they've faced so far a run for their money, IMO. They're a good team but prone to costly mistakes at inopportune times.

This should be a stiff test for the Bombers on Friday.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

The Bombers have cured the Red zone blues haven't they?

Don't know how or why, since La Police is such a terrible play caller.:rolleyes:

2018 Paul La Police, head coach,, Hamilton Tiger cats?

I'd really like to see Khari Jones get a crack at HC somewhere (preferably east so i can still cheer for him to succeed). I think he's put in his dues as a coordinator and had pretty good success.  I see Jones and Thorpe as the top tier of future HC's, re-run like Lapo, Hall, Chamblin..etc should be considered only if either/both balk at a current opening

8 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Cautiously optimistic about this one, but this is a trap game for the Bombers if I've ever seen one.

I would say that next week VS Hamilton shapes up as more of a trap game, especially with them starting at 0-6 VS Edmonton this week. Hamilton looks awful in all 3 facets but they will win eventually, probably at home if anywhere and we tend to play up/down to the competition so far.

This is a winnable game VS Ottawa for sure, but it's no gimmie. We need this one, I worry about that Hamilton game and we get Edmonton after that so we need to go on a run here VS the East.

I just hope we hear the name Harris a whole lot on Friday night's broadcast.... examples:

"Harris is sacked, again!"

"Harris takes the hand-off 20 yards for the score!"

"Harris is picked off for the third time tonight"

"Harris, out of the backfield, makes one tackler miss and he's off to the races. No one will catch him now"

"Harris has had pressure in his face all night causing many mistakes"

ETC

6 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

did we even bother trying to sign him I wonder..

either way, wtf McDuff.. coulda waited a week lol.

I'm sure the timing was considered when he was signed.  That guy can run like the wind. Hands always scared me

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

Don't know how or why, since La Police is such a terrible play caller.:rolleyes:

He's a great play caller when he's down multiple scores or just down and time is running out, but when leading or tied or plenty of time left in the game he is pretty brutal. 

That is why those of us who are frustrated with Lapolice are frustrated with him, because he is inconsistent and if he'd call the entire game like he did when he was trying to climb back into a game things wouldn't get so prone to 2 and outs all the damned time. 

29 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This game will prove whether the Bombers are pretenders or contenders, if they are as good as we think they should be, now is the time to prove it and go on a roll.

I would argue that game might be in 2 weeks against Edmonton... if we go into that game at 4-3 or (hopefully) 5-2 against an Edmonton team that should be 6-1 or 7-0... how we fair against Edm will better determine our "status" in the league... 

31 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This game will prove whether the Bombers are pretenders or contenders, if they are as good as we think they should be, now is the time to prove it and go on a roll.

I don't see how it proves anything either way.  A win over Ottawa doesn't make the Bombers contenders and a loss doesn't mean they are pretenders.  It's just another game against a decent team, on the road.