Bombers @ Redblacks

M.O.A.B.

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Putting my homer glasses on, I think our Blue and Gold hammer their Red and Black and unearth the problems they have in a more visible fashion that their tight losses may have glossed over, under emphasized. 

Bombers as a team should be due for a breakout game- a whole 60 minutes of effort and execution, but Ottawa is a decent team with a darned good quarterback  and may be as motivated as a cornered bear.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else worried that they still don't activate Flanders? I mean logic says play Flanders but my fear is they don't in order to keep Jovon Santos-Knox on the roster for teams or Alexander for secondary depth even though he's hurt.

Anyone know what Alexander's injury is?

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Interesting thought from Bauming:

With Dressler out, I expect T.J. Thorpe's role to continue to grow in the #Bombers O. Thru two CFL games; 15 catches on 17 targets, 129 yds.

Someone may or may not have already selected Thorpe in fantasy

3 hours ago, tracker said:

Bombers as a team should be due for a breakout game- a whole 60 minutes of effort and execution, but Ottawa is a decent team with a darned good quarterback  and may be as motivated as a cornered bear.

Not to rain on your prediction but when is the last time this team played with 60 minutes of effort and execution?

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

You totally rained on his prediction - if it weren't such a dry summer he'd be drowning

Well, it's because we're saving those efforts for the playoffs!

Just now, Mark H. said:

Good comeback - but I'm fresh out of rainbow stickers 

Thanks anyway. For the record, I haven't seen any team play with 60 minutes of focused intensity so far this season. Edmonton probably comes closest. They certainly have players that do, as do we. Teams haven't gelled yet. Looking forward to that.

From Ed Tait:

Khari Jones (2000-04): 44-28-1,.610

Matt Nichols (2015-present): 15-10, .600

Kevin Glenn (2004-08): 35-37-1, .486

Buck Pierce (2010-13): 14-18, .438

Drew Willy (2014-16): 11-18, .379

Kerwin Bell (1999-2000): 7-17; .292

You should see the rest of the list. It's downright scary...https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/08/03/game-preview-wpg-ott/

?‍?Out of 27 QBs mentioned, only two QBs who have started at least 18 games have a winning record...Jones and Nichols 

More from Ed

Ottawa is the only team in CFL history to have each of their first six games of a season all decided by five points or less.

YAC attack: the Bombers lead the CFL with 48 percent of their passing yards being gained after the catch is made; Ottawa is second at 39 percent.

Winnipeg is leading the league with a 31.4 points-per-game scoring average, but also has the highest two-and-out rate in the league at 37 percent. Weird one 

Ottawa receivers Greg Ellingson and Brad Sinopoli have combined for 76 the team’s 158 receptions, and have been on target for 47 per cent of passes thrown. In their last game, they were held to just six receptions combined, their third-lowest total since joining the REDBLACKS.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Not to rain on your prediction but when is the last time this team played with 60 minutes of effort and execution?

They play every game with 100% effort.

Now what was the other concern again?

Edited by Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Ottawa is the only team in CFL history to have each of their first six games of a season all decided by five points or less.

YAC attack: the Bombers lead the CFL with 48 percent of their passing yards being gained after the catch is made; Ottawa is second at 39 percent.

Winnipeg is leading the league with a 31.4 points-per-game scoring average, but also has the highest two-and-out rate in the league at 37 percent. Weird one 

Makes total sense considering Paul Lapolice is the OC. 

Short passes, relies on yards after the catch, prone to conservative play calling ie. lots of 2 and outs, but also capable of scoring when they are behind. 

I swear if Lapo had any balls at all this team would win a lot more handily than it does.