Winnipeg @ Ottawa GDT

Rich

Game time is 6:00 PM local.   The 3 - 2 Bombers take on the 1 - 4 defending Grey Cup champions.  Looks to be a humid day in Ottawa with temperatures at 26 degrees Celsius come game time, feeling like 34.   60% chance of rain increasing to 80% by the time the game ends.

Could be a hot wet game.   Bombers need this win to keep pace with the West and keep Ottawa down for that important cross over spot.  Ottawa needs this win to get their season back on track.

Going to be a fun one in the Nation's capital tonight!

Kickoff at 5pm out west here, and I work till 6. Debating if I should watch the first Q at work, then bolt home......stay in blackout mode till 6pm, and then start the PVR from the beginning......or just ditch outta work an hour early and take the chance on wrath of boss......decisions, decisions.....

As for the game itself, I think Medlock might be key tonight. If he is healthy (I'm still not sure) and can get back to normal, he could be the decider. If he's still hurting or just in a funk or whatever....could really hurt us. It'll be a tight game...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Kickoff at 5pm out west here, and I work till 6. Debating if I should watch the first Q at work, then bolt home......stay in blackout mode till 6pm, and then start the PVR from the beginning......or just ditch outta work an hour early and take the chance on wrath of boss......decisions, decisions.....

As for the game itself, I think Medlock might be key tonight. If he is healthy (I'm still not sure) and can get back to normal, he could be the decider. If he's still hurting or just in a funk or whatever....could really hurt us. It'll be a tight game...

same boat.  work til 6 but commute and running around gets me home at like 730.  its recording but I could listen via radio to keep up.. but do I want to?  watching from the beginning is always best and can fast forward commercials/rod black. 

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm in the same boat. Downtown Calgary.   I'd vote to pvr, don't answer texts and start fresh at home.  no commercials!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I am stunned that no one is advocating the ditch out on work option. It's a long weekend, boss will be too busy nursing the hangover on Tuesday to remember you left early.

I just don't have a good feeling about this game.  Ottawa is ready to break out... just like everyone is saying, they are better than their record.

On the other hand, something special happened to the Bombers last week and it may have brought the team together.  Mo Leggett returning is another plus.

Ottawa has had trouble with killer mistakes.  If we can keep this game close, I believe our defence or special teams will come up big when we need them.

Just don't let Ellingson and Harris move the ball up and down the field.  That's what worries me most.

Just now, Noeller said:

First time in recent memory that I have full confidence in the WBB to win against every team in the league....we are good enough, across the board, to beat anyone. Just a matter of executing our game properly...we do that, we win, every time.

yea I'm feeling that same vibe.  I mean I know I'm always optimistic as all hell but this season, I feel like I don't have to force it as much lol.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

First time in recent memory that I have full confidence in the WBB to win against every team in the league....we are good enough, across the board, to beat anyone. Just a matter of executing our game properly...we do that, we win, every time.

In the past few years, I had confidence that the Bombers could win any game but a whole lot of things would have to go right - turnovers mostly. I'm confident now that we can overcome anything, including not winning the turnover battle and not kicking seven or eight field goals.

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

In the past few years, I had confidence that the Bombers could win any game but a whole lot of things would have to go right - turnovers mostly. I'm confident now that we can overcome anything, including not winning the turnover battle and not kicking seven or eight field goals.

On that note, it would be nice for Medlock to find his groove again.

32 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think we can beat any team in this league. I think we will beat Ottawa with a complete, 60-minute performance.

After this weekend, people will be putting the Bombers right up behind Edmonton and Calgary as the best teams in the league.

I completely agree... but one problem... when is the last time this squad has played a complete 60 min game? :wacko:

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't know about that, nothing worse then expecting them to perform well and they don't.

I used to joke that the terrible seasons were so much less stressful... 2013 for example... I went to every game expecting to get blown out... if the game was moderately close it made it that much more fun!

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I completely agree... but one problem... when is the last time this squad has played a complete 60 min game? :wacko:

We haven't done so in a long, long time, which is why I think when we do, consistently, we'll be the best team in this league.

As much as I live to watch every game...summer is fleeting.  I'll be with the 1/2 of Wpg heading out of town tonight.  #islendingadagurinn

If this season's taught us anything about the Blue thus far, it's that we should expect a high scoring, close game. 

I think Ott's up late, we're all getting the "what went wrong" posts formed in our head.  Then the Almighty, no not that due, Mo Leggett is gonna steal yo pass.  Medlock boots the winner in the last minute. Boooook it!

(and if that doesn't play out, I ain't worrying about it until Tues!)