Winnipeg @ Ottawa GDT

Rich

On 8/5/2017 at 8:32 AM, wpgallday1960 said:

Not sure about that.  I seem to recall hands to face being called every season I've been watching and I too have watched football for,over 40 years.

I too, have been watching for over 40. I am pleased to note that unlike many prior years, how refreshing it is not to spend my time holding my face in my hands.

3 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I too, have been watching for over 40. I am pleased to note that unlike many prior years, how refreshing it is not to spend my time holding my face in my hands.

Not to complain but my tear bucket is growing so low, I'm thinking of  donating it to some needy Rider fan who can put it to good use. 

5 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but both hands to the face calls were drawn by Ettore Lattanzio who is like 5 foot 10.

Probably had a lot to do with it.

I was thinking the same thing, it must be hard for a guy like Bond to get pad level on Lattanzio

On 04/08/2017 at 10:05 PM, BigBlue said:

I don't know the exact stats but we must be leading the league in points against, somerthing well over 30 points per game but somehow we are 4 & 2 .... time for the D to tighten up ... for now: HOORAY!!!!! WE ARE FINDING WAYS TO WIN .... THANKYOU

Nope. Hamilton is. 

On 8/5/2017 at 5:04 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

I like the idea of having 1 challenge on each half... but coaches can't carry over the challenge on 1st half (if they didn't use it) on to the 2nd half.

Problem with that is that it encourages coaches to waste it on something stupid or ticky tacky late in the first half and waste time. Exactly what the change was meant to prevent.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:20 PM, Sard said:

Absolutely agreed on the Adams non-call that required the wasted challenge, the ref wasn't even 10 yards away, looking right at the 2 players and the Ottawa player elbowed Adams in the face with no call.

The one I also don't get from a few plays earlier is when the receiver fully runs over the defender, how does that penalty go against the defence.  Can't remember who it was, but one of the Ottawa receivers ran right through a Bomber defender basically standing still and they got the illegal contact penalty... made absolutely no sense.

I was literally screaming at the TV after that play.  Is the rule for Illegal Contact so lame that all a receiver has to do is run into a defender standing on his section of field and he draws the penalty (The Calgary gameplan according to Chris Jones :))?  Shouldn't the defender have a right to his space, as long as he doesn't actively impede the receiver or just happen to step into the receiver's path "accidently"?

On 8/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Should start calling players for Obj conduct who can't keep their helmets on.  Tighten up your chinstrap.

Smart gamesmanship.  Easier to draw a penalty.  Nicely done if you can get away with it.  As you say though if it keeps happening then a penalty or a trip to the sidelines for "helmet repair" would be in order.  But it's hard to argue any of our hands to face penalties.  We looked pretty guilty every time.

3 hours ago, kcin94 said:

Problem with that is that it encourages coaches to waste it on something stupid or ticky tacky late in the first half and waste time. Exactly what the change was meant to prevent.

Then no challenge after the 3 min warning.

Edited by M.O.A.B.