3 stars + HH OTT edition

wbbfan

1 MO. after a rough start the D played really well against a dangerous offense. 

2 Nichols and the whole passing attack. Missed some near big plays by a tiny bit, and got jobbed by the refs a couple times. But nichols with a chance to win the game drove the team. JFG stepped up early with a ton of catches. Lankford with the long bomb, and thorpe was making some thing happen every time he touched the ball. That guy is a real keeper.

3  Chris randle. The huge fumble recovery, catch play which was crazy. Seldom gets his due credit for just being a blanket. 

HH loffler smashing i think sinopoli with seconds to go leading to a ball in the dirt. Human truck. 

Edited by wbbfan

1. Chris Randle - fumble recovery right when we needed it and has been consistent contributor, despite defensive injuries elsewhere.

2. T.J. Thorpe - Runs hard after the catch.

3. Medlock - Mr. automatic, had some booming kicks, kicked the game-winner, and a pair of rouges off kickoffs that ended up factoring in when it came down to the wire.

HH - Quincy McDuffie for idiotically giving up that rouge in the final 3 minutes. Having the game tied made Ottawa play more aggressive on their own last series (going for the win) and ended up shooting themselves in the foot

4 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

HH to JFG for coming into his own tonight .... a sure handed reliable receiver that the team could depend on tonight ib clutch situations .... cheers

I would like to see them throw Harris or Flanders out on the wide side (for a few plays) when a team is running a zone that leaves it open the way Ottawa was. They would gain serious YAC and force them to cover it. 

48 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

1. Chris Randle - fumble recovery right when we needed it and has been consistent contributor, despite defensive injuries elsewhere.

2. T.J. Thorpe - Runs hard after the catch.

3. Medlock - Mr. automatic, had some booming kicks, kicked the game-winner, and a pair of rouges off kickoffs that ended up factoring in when it came down to the wire.

HH - Quincy McDuffie for idiotically giving up that rouge in the final 3 minutes. Having the game tied made Ottawa play more aggressive on their own last series (going for the win) and ended up shooting themselves in the foot

Thorpe does run hard after the catch. Am I imagining the Bomber receivers are becoming persistent at YAC yards? Aside from the Lankford grab and sprint, did Adams contribute some after catch real estate also? And that Italian fella, him too? 

But,

1. Medlock...for FG's in the clutch and hammering the ball to the end zone for the single. 

2. Nichols...for leadership.

3. Harris...for reliable possessions. 

HH...Randle. Getting the Blue back into the game. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

HH to Flanders for producing great yardage when he carried the ball. It did open things up for Harris running

I like what I saw would like to see Flanders stay in the lineup and he probably will with Dressler on the six game injury list, 

Edited by bustamente

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You don't need bling to win a ring. 

Thats true, but we need to not give up 10 yards per carry to the feature back and good yardage to any one who carries. That isnt purely on hurl. Our DL getting after the qb soo much is gonna open lanes. But our front 7 need to limit those back breaking long runs. And while not limited to hurl, that does include him. 

1. Maurice Leggett- the leader of the defense.  Just a whole different story with him out there in the secondary. 7 tackles and 2 sacks in his first game back. 

2. JFD- 6 catches for 73 yards. The most consistent Bomber reciever tonight. I love his game and how sure handed he is. 

3. Roc Carmichael- Shut down the leading reciever in the league. Made him a non factor all night. That late TD by Ellingson was a zone player where Loffler was late on the play. 

HM: Medlock - for going 5/6 with some tough kicks in the rain, a huge kickoff for the single point to made it a 3 point game, and good directional kicking.

Nichols- 319 yards passing, no turn overs, another fourth quarter come back.. 14-5 as a starter since coming in for Willy last season. Not always pretty but I have a lot of respect for the guy he comes up big when it matters. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

You know who had a huge hand in the winning of this game? 

HC Mike O'Shea. We won the toss, and gave Ottawa the ball to start both halves, bu we retained the wind in the 4th quarter. Tell me that wasn't a massive call..

We likely wouldn't have won without that call. So true.