Addison Richards Retires

Noeller

Clearly he retired because he ran out of free passes,   this is the best for him and definitely for the club.      As I said in training camp...he was a walking band aid and a waste of a spot.     We can move on and put anyone else who can stay healthy in his spot to try out. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Walters still picked them.  He didn't make many mistakes. You seriously can't still be sticking up for Mack, can you? 

IIRC he was part of the IMWT posse. Joe Mack was a pig headed and arrogant clown. A "my way or the highway" guy with a "i was in the NFL" (lol, yeah the cleveland browns) chip on his shoulder who refused to listen to the people around him. He was complete and utter failure as GM, who placed zero value on Canadians, and threw darts on draft day because "he knew better" than everyone else. He reminds me of Chris Jones minus the bravado and dark clothing.

Just now, do or die said:

Nobody perfect.

But, Walters has a pretty basic understanding ..... that you need the draft to acquire CDN talent for the ratio and to build team depth, in general.    And has acted on it. 

This puts him way, way, way ahead of some other GM's who have passed through here.    

24 minutes ago, do or die said:

Nobody perfect.

But, Walters has a pretty basic understanding ..... that you need the draft to acquire CDN talent for the ratio and build team depth, in general.    And has acted on it. 

This puts him way, way, way ahead of some other GM's who have passed through here.    

Dare I say, the previous three...

5 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

On a somewhat related note. Looks like on the Rider board some posters are starting to call their 2016 first overall pick Josiah St.John "Shomari Williams" he can't make their active roster on a mediocre Saskachean offensive line. 

But he went to Oklahoma.  He's gotta be better than some CIS dud.

13 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

According to CFL.ca Richards career stats is 1 catch (in 2015 no less) for 12 yards. I guess quit while you're ahead?

And the true story is that Jade Etienne > Addison Richards.  

2 TDs to 0.  

20 catches to 1.  

276 yds to 12.

Jade is only 27.  Maybe it's time to bring him back.  Heck, Corey Watson was drated at 26.

36 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

And the true story is that Jade Etienne > Addison Richards.  

2 TDs to 0.  

20 catches to 1.  

276 yds to 12.

Jade is only 27.  Maybe it's time to bring him back.  Heck, Corey Watson was drated at 26.

No, don't bring him back.  Truth is, had Etienne been drafted in the 4th round instead of the first he may have been allowed to develop as a player under the radar instead of under the microscope of a first round pick of which he truly wasn't. Physically & mentally, Etienne just wasn't ready to be selected that high. That decision was on Joe Mack who for all intents & purposes not only threw away a first round pick but Etienne's career in the long run. Then there was Tyson Pencer...

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Let's hope Wolitarski can show us he's the second coming of Joe Pop. No, just kidding.  I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on him. Would like to see him get onto the roster & contribute on ST's this season. 

hey, even if he ends up being the second coming of Julian Fioli-Guidino... that wouldn't be too bad!

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, don't bring him back.  

I think you need to turn on your sarcasm detector... :D

Hear very little about Drew Wolitarsky's development (if any)...How's the kid doing??? I know he has promise but we've seen those come and go...I'd like to see him get in a game to get a look at this guy (when we can like when we're beating the cat's by a bunch this weekend)...Am I dreamin??

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Hear very little about Drew Wolitarsky's development (if any)...How's the kid doing??? I know he has promise but we've seen those come and go...I'd like to see him get in a game to get a look at this guy (when we can like when we're beating the cat's by a bunch this weekend)...Am I dreamin??

...or crazy......but either way. This is how good teams do things. He toils on the PR for a year or two before he's ready to go......it's how the Stamps have done it for a long time, and how the Als used to do things. Nice to see us not rushing people into the spotlight....let 'em marinate awhile.

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...or crazy......but either way. This is how good teams do things. He toils on the PR for a year or two before he's ready to go......it's how the Stamps have done it for a long time, and how the Als used to do things. Nice to see us not rushing people into the spotlight....let 'em marinate awhile.

This is the exact answer to the trivia question.... how do the stamps seem to always have back-ups that can fill in without missing a beat?

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

As long as Dressler is out, Coates gets the roster spot to hold for Medlock.  JFG is doing his job so unless injured I doubt we will see any of Wolitarsky this year.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

22 hours ago, Goalie said:

Thats great but pro GMs disagreed with you. 

They were wrong, clearly. They're human. The only problem that he had, was being really shy, affecting his interviews  -- and  being the target of nonsensical rumors and speculation, ( like we see on here)  and frankly - blatant lying - at the time of the draft.  He was and still remains close to many of  his past teammates, and works with is previous coaches off season, helping with younger players etc.  Calgary has helped bring him out of his shell, thanks to a coach who thought for himself, and could see beyond the BS.  SMH that some haters, are still at it, even after it being clear there's been no problem.  As he is always, he's been a stellar teammate, and hard working player for Calgary, NO ISSUES at all. Stop perpetuating the madness. #TobyMentality

Edited by Ace_Wells