Rider depth gonna be tested

Booch

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah but if they practice there most of week, I highly doubt that they wouldn't be playing there...makes no sense and would be a stupid coaching decision to do that 

You can try things out in practice and move people around when your OL is playing well,. but you don't do it with an already crappy OL. You practice them where they will be playing.

Edited by gcn11

3 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

You can try things out in practice and move people around when your OL is playing well,. but you don't do it with an already crappy OL. You practice them where they will be playing.

ya O-line play is dependent on continuality and repetitions.. you start messing with that throughout practice and then switch it for game time... its going to be bad. 

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

"Many"...     No one thinks we are going 5-1 in the next 6.  Our season is in serious trouble .  Guy and Blazdek both play center, to me that's the logical move

Ripper, is St.John ever going to get a start or is he so deep in Jones' doghouse that he is never going to?

22 hours ago, tracker said:

Ripper, is St.John ever going to get a start or is he so deep in Jones' doghouse that he is never going to?

Good question.  He wasn't horrible last year playing guard as a rookie. One can assume he has taken steps forward since then.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 10:24 AM, Booch said:

yeah but if they practice there most of week, I highly doubt that they wouldn't be playing there...makes no sense and would be a stupid coaching decision to do that 

You are probably right. I'm just saying switches are made in practice from time to time. I don't watch practice everyday so neither of us know if they took every snap that way all week.  BUT, you would be correct if they practiced in that formation all week. It comes down to Jones being the smartest guy in the room. Those guys really crash and burn.  Making 3 roster moves for one injury is a sign of a team with either no depth or poor coaching.  Bladek, Guy and St John are available, so I just see it more as a poor coaching move.  Dennis hasn't exactly been lights out at tackle, looks fat and slow. Campbell was the guy we wanted there when we traded for him. Maybe Jones just wants to see what Campbell can do in there.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

You are probably right. I'm just saying switches are made in practice from time to time. I don't watch practice everyday so neither of us know if they took every snap that way all week.  BUT, you would be correct if they practiced in that formation all week. It comes down to Jones being the smartest guy in the room. Those guys really crash and burn.  Making 3 roster moves for one injury is a sign of a team with either no depth or poor coaching.  Bladek, Guy and St John are available, so I just see it more as a poor coaching move.  Dennis hasn't exactly been lights out at tackle, looks fat and slow. Campbell was the guy we wanted there when we traded for him. Maybe Jones just wants to see what Campbell can do in there.

To be fair, there were plenty of people criticizing Bryant his first few years here as well for the same thing. One player doesn't make or break an Oline. Any fan in SSK who thought Dennis would turn it around was due for disappointment.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair, there were plenty of people criticizing Bryant his first few years here as well for the same thing. One player doesn't make or break an Oline. Any fan in SSK who thought Dennis would turn it around was due for disappointment.

Our biggest problem this year has been coaching.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Yeah making 3 moves to accommodate one injury reeks of a lack of talent/depth or just no confidence in the back-up and the feeling that they need to win now and can't afford rookie mistakes 

If they go 2 National receivers I think that really handcuffs whoever your starter is...they need all the threats they can have to slow BC down.  I truly think Jones needs to suck up his pride, and make moves to help his team more so in the future and set things up to avoid these issues, and trade some pieces of value that they have in excess (pretty much only a receiver tho is all they have excess) but sadly I think his ego is going to prevent that, and he's gonna flounder

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

o-linemen are only as good as the beef slotted beside them.. if the guard beside him isn't pulling his weight, he could be compensating for it or trying to cover for him and making himself look poor.. just like Bryant was when we had less then stellar guards in the game..

so now Sask has a LB doing converts and field goals??...or practicing it ..like wtf??..are they that desperate with depth, or is this another Chris Jones Brainstorm...conversion project? 

Have a better tackler out there for those misses?

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

so now Sask has a LB doing converts and field goals??...or practicing it ..like wtf??..are they that desperate with depth, or is this another Chris Jones Brainstorm...conversion project? 

Have a better tackler out there for those misses?

Apparently Van Gylswyk left with an injury and Crapigna is already hurt.  I guess someone has to do it :lol:

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wait, they don't have an emergency kicker as part of their secret off the books practice squad?

you'd think that there would have had one stashed away yup..  tho I guess it would be a reach to keep 2 kickers around.. crapingna and the new kid getting hurt is pretty rare.

The best part is, all the Jone defenders criticized the 2015 Riders to no end. Insulting Glenn relentlessly and saying it wasn't worth it to lose with a QB like that. Now, two years later they're starting an even WORSE version of the same Glenn and have a roster that's very bare bones much like 2015. 

The meltdown on that board when Jones gets fired after this year is going to be priceless.

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The meltdown on that board when Jones gets fired after this year is going to be priceless.

No, no.... if Jones gets fired after this year I guarantee the majority will say "good we never liked him anyways" "he was a garbage coach/gm from the beginning" "he's brought shame to this proud franchise that wins a cup every half century" etc...