Matt Nichols, Elite quarterback?

SPuDS

Is Matt Nichols "elite"?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. there seems to be much debate on this on social media and some blogs.. so, I ask.. Is Matt Nichols an Elite level QB?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not quite yet but almost
    • undecided

7 hours ago, Booch said:

Been probably more wise to roll with Bridge, Williams, or actually recruit a quality new guy and seen what you had there rather than plod along with Glenn and his 1 great game once every 4 or 5 with a so-so and usually 2-3 classic Glenn masterpieces mixed in

That's Vince Young to a University of Texas T!

He was recruited, his girth has a lot of quantity which many people prefer over quality, and compared to Glenn, he's definitely new.

I wonder what they did with that large green #8 tarp after Young left?

Incidentally, 8 represented the yards of fabric used to make the jersey.  That's your Thursday tailoring joke!

46 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Despite?  LaPolice called a great game. The Eskimos were unsteady for most of the game with tempo and play calling.  It was no accident this offence got  38 first downs.

How many more points could they have had if Lapo doesn't get too cute on the opening drive and call that brain dead fake? How about if he kept it simple and kept pounding the running backs rather than trying to pass it in? Lapo did good and Lapo did bad when he tried to outsmart everyone. Story the guys entire career. Smart man, knows his ****, gets too in his own head and too conservative for his own good. Only reason we didn't curb stomp the Esks on the scoreboard. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

How many more points could they have had if Lapo doesn't get too cute on the opening drive and call that brain dead fake? How about if he kept it simple and kept pounding the running backs rather than trying to pass it in? Lapo did good and Lapo did bad when he tried to outsmart everyone. Story the guys entire career. Smart man, knows his ****, gets too in his own head and too conservative for his own good. Only reason we didn't curb stomp the Esks on the scoreboard. 

If it worked Lapo would have looked like a genius. I don't necessarily agree with it but we had a few games last season where the gadget play worked and we praised Lapo for it. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Can't let that get in your head. LaPo absolutely called a great game. We marched the ball up and down the field, almost at will. It's time to let your inner hatred of the man go. He's a weapon for us now.

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Can't let that get in your head. LaPo absolutely called a great game. We marched the ball up and down the field, almost at will. It's time to let your inner hatred of the man go. He's a weapon for us now.

He's ok but leaves things too close. He had a killer instinct he would be great. As is he makes errors.

Man he was great tonight. It's amazing to see him have so much success without Dressler. Don't get me wrong, Harris and Adams are nice weapons while Thorpe is a nicer player as well. With that being said, hardly anyone would say the Bombers have among the most dangerous skill position players in the league. 

7 hours ago, BBlink said:

FWIW Reilly recorded 1 int this game but easily could have had 4 more but were wiped out via penalty or simply dropped by our DBs. Score really flattered the Eskimos just like the stats actually flattered Mike Reilly. Not saying he isn't a great QB but Nichols absolutely schooled him today.

off the top of my head... Heath dropped one, Walker dropped one, Loffler had one taken back by penalty, caught one out-of-bounds, and probably should've caught the hail Mary that ended up being an Edm TD... very easily could have been 5-6 picks last night...

7 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Man he was great tonight. It's amazing to see him have so much success without Dressler. Don't get me wrong, Harris and Adams are nice weapons while Thorpe is a nicer player as well. With that being said, hardly anyone would say the Bombers have among the most dangerous skill position players in the league. 

Then they are pretty dumb, aren't they?

8 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Harris is undeniably one of the best, if not the best RB in the league.  Adams is right there knocking on the door.

I have to wonder what happens when Dress is healthy.

Part of me thinks Denmark is going to sit. We can't bench Flanders.

And as far as what I see out there on the field, we have plenty of weapons among the tops in the CFL. Harris, Dressler, Adams ... Thorpe and Flanders are incredible complimentary pieces.

There's really no denying it. We have an elite offence. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

And as far as what I see out there on the field, we have plenty of weapons among the tops in the CFL. Harris, Dressler, Adams ... Thorpe and Flanders are incredible complimentary pieces.

Why can't lankford come out and put Flanders on returns?

Edited by Judd

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I am worried that Denmark will come out as well.  He is not a huge part of the offence but he makes a few clutch catches for first downs every game.  Lankford can't do what Denmark does.

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Definitely elite. Reilly BLM and Nichols... 3 best today. 

Ill go there with Reilly.... 

Is it that difficult to throw hail marrys and hope for circus catches. Esks had 4 big plays today... 2 over Roc.. 1 fluke by Williams... And 1 long one by watson where refs missed a blatant hold. 

Reilly throws a very good deep ball - always has.