Testing Our Mettle: Eskies Coming Here

BigBlue

I am sorry but I am looking right past the upcoming TiCat game .... coaches say don't do it: but I am a fan not a player and I am doing it.

I would be shocked if the Hammy contest will be anything but a confidence booster and momentum builder for us ... we are just way better

Which brings us back to the Edmonton visit ... they are the league leader and they do seem to be in control even though their opponents have stayed close in the last couple games ... but are they running out of gas? The injury bug is not lessening and they are anything but perfect but Reilly's leadership has them on a roll or should I say a steam roller.

Nichols is a leader too but I don't know if he can carry the team on his back the way Reilly did against Ottawa - -  with an awesome running display when it was needed to close out the game.

Apparently our D is growing tighter as we witness Johnson's release but how can the Eskie game not be a shootout? Reilly is like a greased pig regularly buying extra time to throw down field or just squirt upfield on his own. So how do we contain him?

If we are going to blitz we better go at him under control or we will be grabbing a lot of nothing burgers. Our DE's  need to be very disciplined and keep the pig inside the pocket. And we might need a shadowing rover just beyond the pocket if we can scheme it. I don't know if Hurl is fast enough to do that or if he has the instincts to smell out what is developing late in the play.

Other than that I think we match up. So that means it will be a test of our heart, courage, discipline and character .... right?

i think we beat both. Everyone fears a trap game,  but Hamilton is 0-6 for a reason.  and edmonton... 2nd straight game on the road, losing Howard and Sewell last night is, as Jason Maas even put it, devastating.  At some point the injuries will catch up to them in a big way,  don't see why it won't be next week

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I just don't think this is the same Bombers team we've seen in previous years that would fall into a trap game like this. I think we step up, like we should, and take it to Hammy....

This is a game they need to win in order to demonstrate they have turned a corner, IMO. Tomorrow's game is as much a statement game as next week's will be.

I think tomorrow is THE statement game for the season...not devastating if we lose, but if we go in..take care of business and win then it shows that this is a team that is ready to run and be grouped with the big dogs.

Also it would already have playoff implications because if we go 5-2   and say Sask loses, then if we lay an egg and go 5-6 for rest of year (which I highly doubt getting us to 10-8) Sask has to go on a run of 9-2 to finish at 11-7 just to jump us in the standings, and thats only if they sweep us as well.

We will easily  get the cross over at the worst at 10-8 (probably as its going now better than any East teams record) 

So in my opinion this is a pivotal game. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Can't we just talk about the game at hand?

Of course we can, and we can walk and chew gum at the same time too

Indeed some of us can multitask and enjoy it .... no  need for you to participate ... but I am very excited about the upcoming Eskie game .... the Ti Cat game will be a builder for us but we are going to set the tone for the rest of the season in the Edmonton contest .... if we beat them we move into the realm of a real contender for the Grey Cup .... and that is what it is all about ... so get back to whatever you are doing and have fun .... you can catch up to us later

Let's not look past Hamilton. This is professional football and teams can win any given Sunday. These guys are playing for their careers so they have something to play for.. That being said is I'm excited to see us play Edmonton. They have a good not great team. If we can beat them at home then we know we can compete with the best in the league. 

This hamilton game is interesting. I would have been a lot more worried had they not made the coaching/player changes they have. The coaching changes I think will cause some issues this week, though they are getting a few players back from injury as well. Either way I think the bombers are going to win. But I think it will be a lot closer than we'd like.

As for Edmonton, yeah those injuries are going to become an issue now. The O will still work with Reilly and Perkins. But Something has to give on the Defensive side of the ball. Control Reilly and the game is yours to take.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This hamilton game is interesting. I would have been a lot more worried had they not made the coaching/player changes they have. The coaching changes I think will cause some issues this week, though they are getting a few players back from injury as well. Either way I think the bombers are going to win. But I think it will be a lot closer than we'd like.

As for Edmonton, yeah those injuries are going to become an issue now. The O will still work with Reilly and Perkins. But Something has to give on the Defensive side of the ball. Control Reilly and the game is yours to take.

Control Reilly? You make it seem like that is easy. The man is slippery. He has psychological powers. Do you think he wears those hats because he likes them? It is all calculated.  When the DE breaks away from the third string tackle, he sees Reilly and suddenly he forgets to contain because he is thinking how a paper boy cap looks better than the bowler but the bowler does make his nose look smaller. Then boom Reilly has slipped by and has picked up the first down. 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

After a reassessment.... our metal has been upgraded:

<slayer>

goddammit why doesn't this site have a horns reaction emoji .. gotta copy and paste one in like a chump...

sign-of-the-horns_emoji-modifier-fitzpat

Anyway, getting back on topic: forget Hamilton, forget Edmonton, forget all this regular season noise ... let's talk about the games that really matter.  What DIs do you guys think we should roster in the Western Final?

2 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Control Reilly? You make it seem like that is easy. The man is slippery. He has psychological powers. Do you think he wears those hats because he likes them? It is all calculated.  When the DE breaks away from the third string tackle, he sees Reilly and suddenly he forgets to contain because he is thinking how a paper boy cap looks better than the bowler but the bowler does make his nose look smaller. Then boom Reilly has slipped by and has picked up the first down. 

ummm, ok? Not sure how you got that out of "Control Reilly". My statement remains the same, and correct. If you can control him (better?) the game is yours.

And to be fair, paper boys are often slippery AF. 

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Reilly ducking under that one tackler last night was about as slippery as it gets.

The Problem is Reilley is incredibly hard to hit but if we could just lay an incredible lick on him and put him on his back he might just be a little bit less frisky .... It might be worth a 15 yard roughing the passer, not that I want him injured, but I do want him thinking about the rush and self-preservation ... His biggest problem has always been taking that tough hit that has occasionally sidelined him ... Let's try and put that worry in his head ... Meanwhile it appears Edmonton has lost 2 more starters in Ottawa including our friend Mr. Sewell .... Eventually that has to catch up to them doesn't it?