Testing Our Mettle: Eskies Coming Here

BigBlue

43 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I was confused by it too. I was wondering why there was no mention of somebody getting hurt for Fogg to be in the game.

the change has taken a while for me to get used to also... except the other way around... I'm used to Heath being 23 but I've seen #3 take a punt and thought to myself a couple times "who the f*** is that?" 

On 8/13/2017 at 11:24 AM, Noeller said:

I don't think Randle is underrated... I think he's seen as our best defensive player. Well, him and Mo... 

Around these parts he's certainly not... but whenever TSN starts talking about top defensive players in the game... how often is Randle's name brought up?.... did he even make the top-50 players list?...

Edited by bearpants

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Around these parts he's certainly not... but whenever TSN starts talking about top defensive players in the game... how often is Randle's name brought up?.... did he even make the top-50 players list?...

and thats the thing.. unless a DB is getting picks like Heath, he gets no love.. even if he is a shut down DB who rarely, if ever gets beat.  His side of the field is largely untested because QBs know him as do OCs but because hes so well known, he doesn't get a tested much nor do they put the football in spots where he might be able to get it.  DBs and OLs.  always unsung until they start messing up.

48 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

and thats the thing.. unless a DB is getting picks like Heath, he gets no love.. even if he is a shut down DB who rarely, if ever gets beat.  His side of the field is largely untested because QBs know him as do OCs but because hes so well known, he doesn't get a tested much nor do they put the football in spots where he might be able to get it.  DBs and OLs.  always unsung until they start messing up.

Sometimes... actually often... a stat line or 0 tackles, 0 knock downs, 0 picks is the best thing you can see from a DB...

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Sometimes... actually often... a stat line or 0 tackles, 0 knock downs, 0 picks is the best thing you can see from a DB...

agreed 100% if he is untested, hes done his job to a T.   that or scared the QB from throwing the ball even remotely into an area where he (or the receiver) can get it.

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

the interior 3: Bond - Goossen - Chungh... might be the nastiest we've seen in a long time... and I love it...

By far the best interior O-line I've seen for the bombers in a decade.    all three guys are beasts on their own but put em together and its no wonder Nichols is having a great season..

@DarrinBauming  2h2 hours ago
 #Bombers closed practice today, so I'll just say this—more 6s from Nichols & Co., less reliance on Medlock = keeping pace with Mike Reilly.

I like the way Paul LaPolice put it yesterday; they need to "space the field" well to counteract Edmonton's pressure and coverage. #Bombers

Edited by Noeller

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

Teams rarely throw the ball against Randle. Getting Randle from Calgary was one of the best moves Walters has ever made. He'll never have the sexy stats but his impact on the field can't be undermined. 

Edmonton's 7 wins:

+3  BC 30-27

+4  Montreal 23-19

+2  Ottawa 23 -21

+3  Hamilton 31-28

+11  BC 37-26

+5  Hamilton 33-28

+7  Ottawa 27 -20

Impressive? I dunno

Didn't we start out 7 & 1 a few seasons back and then fell apart .... all I see here is the Eskies beating up the weak sisters from the east,  and getting Wally Buono's goat twice .... not exactly a tower of achievement ..... and all this on Reilly's back ... would have been a very different story if Franklin was at the controls .... 

With a ton of injuries, both their OL & DL in rough shape I am hoping we will dominate the trenches

The only thing that slows down a greased pig is one good thump but I don't know how we can catch Reilly to daze him even slightly .... if we can get to him just once ... till then we have to work on contain

Thursday Night:      advantage us