WINNIPEG @ HAMILTON

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

my only complaint is I'd like to see some better production when we get the opposing 30. Yeah we have $Medlock$ but I'd really prefer he doesn't have to kick 6 fgs a game.  But I'm pleased with the win. Convincing none the less and a game we should have and did win.  Makes me a little sad that if we don't blow that 2 score lead with the Lions we'd be 6-1 right now. but 5-2 baby! 3 in a row! beat up esks up next then montreal.  If we head into the LDC 7-2 sky is the limit

Yes it'll be hard for the Blue not to look past the Esks to Montreal. ;)

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

188 NET yards for Hamilton. That is outstanding. When was the last time a Blue Bombers team held the opposition under 200 net yards of offense?

we hold teams under 200 yards of offense at least 50% of the time (if the time period in question is 1 quarter)

Ahhhhh...that's more like it and I hope we can keep it going...Solid play by D and the offence...made the Cats look silly...Nichols has really started to come into his own and he's learning to chuck the ball into the stands when there's nothing there...instead of the sack...I think they got to him a few times early but we shut that down...Loved the one armed grab by Adams for the td....This guy is sure proving his worth and I like the way we're moving the ball around to different receivers...Harris and Flanders....very dangerous...I hope we keep that going...Solid play =solid win...Way to go Bigblue...........................I'm really starting to like this Thomas kid.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Here's one to discuss, do you use a DI on Tristan O when he comes back? To me, you can't bench Jeffcoat, so that's the only solution.

Honestly, I love Westerman and the big plays he makes but he also makes so many bone headed penalities he can be hard to put up with. 

Fortunately, he's a Canadian at least. 

We are so fortunate to have Westerman on our team. He fulfills so may needs. Does he get penalties? Yes, he does. But he is so worth it, it's not even funny. 

Don't kid yourself, every team in the league would look seriously at Westerman in their lineup and feel good about it.

Edited by Mr Dee

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Rumors are June Jones. 

Man, I loved what whoever it was said. No sugar coating the pathetic Ti Cats performance last night. No political correctness there.  I'd point fingers at Collaros. Yeah, his line is bad but he's using it as a crutch.  He's shown zero leadership this year. I guess we know now he'd have played in 2015 had he signed with the Bombers with that turnstile of an OL we had instead of Hamilton. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How was there no flag on Adams catch?  All Unamba did was attach himself like a parasite into him.

I was wondering the same thing. Another miss by the ref, who was right there. Unamba practically hog tied Adams, but forgot he had two hands, and only needed one. 

Now that's a challenge we would have won easily..

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

When you're pulling guys like that from 3rd tier arena ball you know you're in trouble.

How was there no flag on Adams catch?  All Unamba did was attach himself like a parasite into him.

yeah I was thinking as the ball was still in the air and watching Adams getting man-handled "Glad MOS still has that one challenge left".   As I said though, glad Adams caught it and saved me a strike this week.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:44 AM, Mr Dee said:

We are so fortunate to have Westerman on our team. He fulfills so may needs. Does he get penalties? Yes, he does. But he is so worth it, it's not even funny. 

Don't kid yourself, every team in the league would look seriously at Westerman in their lineup and feel good about it.

yea to suggest Westerman's negatives even remotely come close to his positives is asinine.  Hes a Canadian who plays as well as if not better then most DE's in the league..  Hes non-stop and frankly, I like the edge he plays on.. sometimes its a bit too much and it costs us a 15 but on the other hand, his timing sometimes is perfect and he breaks up plays or gets a sack/hit on the QB..  if we were to cut him today, there would be a lineup of GMs vying for his signature on a contract.

23 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

When you're pulling guys like that from 3rd tier arena ball you know you're in trouble.

that was an absolute mugging and I was amazed the flag wasn't thrown.. if we would have had to challenge that...

19 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I was thinking as the ball was still in the air and watching Adams getting man-handled "Glad MOS still has that one challenge left".   As I said though, glad Adams caught it and saved me a strike this week.

I think if Adams hadn't come down with the ball then the ref probably would have thrown the flag. Plenty of times they keep the flags in their pocket until the play is done for what ever reason. 

On 8/13/2017 at 7:42 AM, rebusrankin said:

Here's one to discuss, do you use a DI on Tristan O when he comes back? To me, you can't bench Jeffcoat, so that's the only solution.

I have a feeling with his lineage Jeffcoat will ask for his release at the end of the season to pursue NFL opportunities, so the Bombers better hedge their bets and keep Okie on standby.