Injury Report

BigBlue

I think its easier to replace the average kick returner who isnt guaranteed any touches over a YAC monster like Thorpe. 

If the bombers needed 10 yards on 3rd and goal to win the grey cup... And the 2 choices were to throw to thorpe or lankford... Its Thorpe all day every day.. At least hes shown the ability to catch the ball consistently..

I mean if we are basing it on last week... Lankford had 1 catch for 5 yards... Thorpe had 2 for 13... 

Last 3 games

Lankford has 3 catches for 45 yards

Thorpe has 13 for 115 yards 

Lankford has not been good. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My point is that Mike is way off on saying Lankford is terrible.    If we are to judge a player on having a bad game then Thorpe should of been cut last week because he had a terrible game.      Denmark also has had several games where he is completely invisible.

Receivers are easily replaceable,  that is probably the easiest next to RB to find talent to fill the position. 

I was pointing out earlier that Thorpe can be replaced by having Harris catch balls out of the back field.     Sitting Thorpe will not be a big loss.    

Having Dressler replace anyone aside from Darvin Adams is a huge boost regardless of who he replaces.

As much as I'm a defensive guy, that's bit oversimplified. I think a more realistic statement would be certain types of receivers are easily replaceable.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

My point is that Mike is way off on saying Lankford is terrible.    If we are to judge a player on having a bad game then Thorpe should of been cut last week because he had a terrible game.      Denmark also has had several games where he is completely invisible.

Receivers are easily replaceable,  that is probably the easiest next to RB to find talent to fill the position. 

I was pointing out earlier that Thorpe can be replaced by having Harris catch balls out of the back field.     Sitting Thorpe will not be a big loss.    

Having Dressler replace anyone aside from Darvin Adams is a huge boost regardless of who he replaces.

Thought I was at RiderFans reading this.  Embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How so?   Are you suggesting that the Bombers could not have Flanders as the RB and Harris moved out to slot for a few plays?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Flanders occasionally lining up there either.  Short patterns and YAC are a big part of LaPo's  game plan, no reason Flanders and Harris can't fill this role in second and long situations.

What makes Harris dangerous as a receiver  is he lines up in back field and shifts to the receiver position thus a linebacker has to come out and cover him which is a huge miss match. Funny watching Bighill trying to cover Harris last year he was constantly two steps behind him.  Or the Eskimo game where there linebackers had no chance.