Injury Report

BigBlue

50 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Are you getting paid to start topics? Why does this deserve it's own thread? This easily could have been asked in the Winnipeg@Hamilton GD thread.  It's still an active discussion.

And what does that have to do with Ricky Ray or Edmonton's report on losing two more starters .... quit being so grumpy and appreciate things for their own merit .....

When we forecast the coming picks for this week I would like to know whether we will have a Ray led Toronto or that other thing we saw this week .... teams are tight lipped about their injuries so we do need rumor and speculation i.e. those sources need to be to easily find the questions they have answers for

3 hours ago, BigBlue said:

And what does that have to do with Ricky Ray or Edmonton's report on losing two more starters .... quit being so grumpy and appreciate things for their own merit .....

When we forecast the coming picks for this week I would like to know whether we will have a Ray led Toronto or that other thing we saw this week .... teams are tight lipped about their injuries so we do need rumor and speculation i.e. those sources need to be to easily find the questions they have answers for

Think about it, you post so many new discussion topics & half of which could just be  asked in an already posted thread. You asked about possible Bomber injuries which didn't need an entirely new thread to discuss it.  At least not less than 24 hours on a Sunday after the game. During the week, sure. I think I'm not the only one who think you post a lot of useless threads here. As I said, it could have been asked in the GDT. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

For what it's worth, I agree with Iso. It's just annoying. As far as injuries... We don't ever get any reports. You won't know anything until the first practice of the week when we see who's there and who isn't. It's the same every week, so no sense in asking unless you just annoyingly and arrogantly start a bunch of nonsense threads which contribute nothing relevant. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

For what it's worth, I agree with Iso. It's just annoying. As far as injuries... We don't ever get any reports. You won't know anything until the first practice of the week when we see who's there and who isn't. It's the same every week, so no sense in asking unless you just annoyingly and arrogantly start a bunch of nonsense threads which contribute nothing relevant. 

Exactly. What's the point of starting ten pointless threads a day except to create needless clutter ? Not only do we have a GDT that is still active to discuss injuries the team may have suffered yesterday, but we also have a CFL discussion thread where Ricky Ray's injury could be talked about without having to start a new thread about both. As far as injuries go, CFL teams are extremely tight lipped about them. Especially on Sundays. The other 6 days of the week they won't discuss it much.  So,  speculating about injuries while knowing virtually nothing  as to picks for upcoming games when teams don't release much info doesn't mean much 

I like separate threads for separate topics.  

I might start the SpeedFlex - Noeller "Everything Under the Sun including the Kitchen Sink" thread.

IMO, Ricky hasn't been a quick healer of late.

Edited by ALuCsRED

So Big Blue is annoying. Not a large deal.  He starts threads. He finds it's his Schtick.  It turns him on. Might be obnoxious, but some of us can be now and then. Could be worse. 

It appears that ISO is beginning to rear his original head again. Of three posts on this thread not one was about injuries. Just like in the bad old days. If it was a rider fan, have at it. Big Blue is a Bomber fan with pretty ****** funny photo. I'll let him be. 

Bombers have a reason for few injuries. It's a plan. Trainers, coaches and management agree not to punish the players with unnecessary contact. They are having practices with minimal contact. Not driving the **** out of them in extreme practice weather. Same thing happened in camp. That methodology doesn't completely eliminate injuries, but it does mitigate the frequency and severity. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

So Big Blue is annoying. Not a large deal.  He starts threads. He finds it's his Schtick.  It turns him on. Might be obnoxious, but some of us can be now and then. Could be worse. 

It appears that ISO is beginning to rear his original head again. Of three posts on this thread not one was about injuries. Just like in the bad old days. If it was a rider fan, have at it. Big Blue is a Bomber fan with pretty ****** funny photo. I'll let him be. 

Bombers have a reason for few injuries. It's a plan. Trainers, coaches and management agree not to punish the players with unnecessary contact. They are having practices with minimal contact. Not driving the **** out of them in extreme practice weather. Same thing happened in camp. That methodology doesn't completely eliminate injuries, but it does mitigate the frequency and severity. 

All teams practice like that. Not just the Bombers. So, great theory but not necessarily true.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

So Big Blue is annoying. Not a large deal.  He starts threads. He finds it's his Schtick.  It turns him on. Might be obnoxious,

Might be?

Here's a thought - if someone is going to start a thread titled "Injury Report", why not provide an injury report?

mark as read

mark as read

mark as read

mark as read

mark as read

clear blue ocean

clear blue ocean

clear blue ocean

mark as read

17 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Might be?

Here's a thought - if someone is going to start a thread titled "Injury Report", why not provide an injury report?

mark as read

mark as read

mark as read

mark as read

mark as read

clear blue ocean

clear blue ocean

clear blue ocean

mark as read

Fair enough. I see your point. Your comment might have even altered my opinion somewhat. I guess I was comparing the dinkishness of ISO and big blue. 

" as all-star defensive tackle Almondo Sewell left with an upper body injury in the third quarter before defensive end Marcus Howard was carried off the field with a leg (maybe both legs?) injury in the final minute. They were two key cogs on a well-oiled machine of a D-line that has been putting opposing quarterbacks in a pressure-cooker game in and game out.

Of course, it doesn’t help any having starting defensive end Phillip Hunt already placed on the six-game injured list.

“It’s been definitely devastated tonight,” Maas said of the league’s top pressure front four. “To have Mondo go down and Marcus go down, Marcus filled in great for Hunt already, so obviously we’ll have to regroup and bring guys up and bring guys up quickly.

“It’s just a hard thing when you have these injuries to big players, but our mentality in the locker-room is ‘next man up.’ ”

That’s how they survived decimation in both the linebacking and receiving corps, at running back, on the offensive line and in the secondary so far, and now it’s the D-line’s turn, finishing out the game with Da’Quan Bowers on the interior and drafted rookie Kwaku Boateng on the edge.

If things remain that way and they’re the next up to start, the Eskimos will have a chance to change the ratio elsewhere, such as at receiver or linebacker, after having made the switch to an all-American starting defensive line this season. And why not? Especially with the way Boateng has been playing with eight tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble since being drafted in the fifth round (41st overall) out of Wilfrid Laurier, where he was the program’s all-time sack leader.

The Esks had already positioned themselves in case of that very situation by bringing in a second Canadian defensive lineman with last week’s signing of Eastern Michigan product Kalonji Kashama.

“We had two guys go down on the D-line. We hope we can get them back next week,” said defensive tackle Euclid Cummings, who earned a sack Thursday along with Bowers and defensive end Odell Willis. “We’ve got the next-man-up mentality. We’ve got two more dogs ready to go.

“That’s what we do around here. We work hard every day and we just all feed off of each other, so when my boy (Sewell) went down, we had to pick it up that much more.”

http://nationalpost.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/double-whammy-to-edmonton-eskimos-defensive-line-could-prove-devastating/wcm/68561228-cc24-4f1f-acdb-9d81b928321d

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is an absolutely decimated Esks team...absolutely no excuse for the Bombers to not beat them on Thursday.

Except they are at home and not on the road :( The Bombers seem to be the opposite of the Riders (tough on the road, more pussylike at home). Hopefully that will start changing this week! 

Edited by IC Khari

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

This is an absolutely decimated Esks team...absolutely no excuse for the Bombers to not beat them on Thursday.

remember before when we were looking at the esks depth chart and wondering how they kept winning and I said guess it's the qb and a real solid defensive line? Well if that Dline is banged up to that extent against our very good offensive line I like our odds. A lot easier for linebackers and dbs when the DL gets pressure. 

When I look at the number and the quality of the players on Edmonton's IR's, I wonder how they can even field a competitive team, let alone a 7-0 team.  We won't have an easier game against a good team than this week against the Eskimos.  Lose this one, and I wonder if we can beat  either team that's above us or even BC unless they play like they did last night which I doubt will happen again this year.