THE MORNING AFTER...WITH COFFEE

Mr Dee

IMG_0610.jpg......

?‍?Denny's back in town 7 catches!

?‍?That Poop pop wasn't necessary, even though it was a doozy.

?‍?Randle actually stripped the ball on that Collaros play when he sacked...could have been reviewed/challenged.

?‍?Special teams, quick kick, Medlock pulls it off again. What's in store next week?

?‍?Another innovative series that resulted in a "too many men" penalty. We caught them with the hurry up with LeFevour still taking the snap. I'd love to see that more often. 

?‍?Loved the block that Nichols threw at the end to help Harris' run. And don't think the players won't notice it in film study

?‍?Ho hum, Medlock against the wind, with wind, just another day, or in this case, Justin another day.

?‍?Adams has the catch of the week this time...

?‍?Gotta love the hustle in Hurl..he really wanted that TD..

?‍?We made the Roughriders real nervous now..

?‍?Take it to a credit union, cause that Banks is busted.

IMG_0622.png

?‍?"I’m solely focused on this game and trying to keep pace with the West opponents." - Matt Nichols.

Ed Tait - Also worth noting: #Bombers are 9-3 in last 12 road games and the club is 14-5 since @MattNichols16 replaced Drew Willy at QB

?‍?Lankford's mom in the crowd..

Matty Nichols-  "don't talk about it, let's be about it." Talk is cheap.

?‍?And Trent Corney has another solid game!

?‍?Emerging with the punt return game...Mr Fogg

?‍?12 yards for the Ticats in the 1st quarter

Drew Edwards- #Ticats are giving up 7.7 yards on second down vs. #Bombers while generating 3.4 yards.

?‍?57 yard FG!

?‍?Ah Moe, good to have you back making plays.

?‍?"Year of the Catch" theme song continues...with Darvin Adams

?‍?Brian Walker instead of Bruce Johnson? Yes

?‍?Wonder who the ST player of the week will be?

?‍?Andrew Harris had his first 100-yard rushing game of the season on Saturday, recording 107 yards on fourteen carries. 

?‍?There are questions about Collaros now...

John Hodge - Matt Nichols has yet to fully shed his ‘game manager’ label (to some, at least), but he’s on pace for some stellar numbers in 2017 — 5,205 passing yards, 34 touchdowns, and ten interceptions. This woukld be the second-best single-season passing yardage total in Blue Bomber history (Khari Jones had 5,334 passing yards in 2002) and tie the great Jack Jacobs for fourth-place in club history for most touchdown passes in a season.

Kent Austin’s career head coaching record has dipped below .500 as a result of Saturday’s loss, now sitting at 48-49. Mike O’Shea’s career mark has improved to 28-33 after a rough 13-28 start in Winnipeg.

?‍?Hamilton had only one first down in the first 15 minutes compared to Winnipeg’s nine

?‍?(Matt Nichols 13 TDs 4 int in 7 games)

?‍?Great to see the impact of the D-Line - 5 sacks 11 pressures..on Collaros

Love the line by Drew Edwards - For the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, it was death by a thousand Medlocks (and miscues.)

Reasonable response from Austin post game http://3downnation.com/2017/08/12/video-austin-collaros-ellis-loss-bombers/

The Numbers - Blue and Gold CFL

– Hamilton only had 16 first downs.

– Winnipeg had 402 total yards to Hamilton’s 188, and 141 rushing yards to Hamilton’s 31.

– Winnipeg only punted the ball 2 times.

– Justin Medlock finished 6/7 on his field goal attempts. His lone miss hit the post.

– Kevin Fogg averaged 18.2 yards on 4 punt returns for the Bombers.

– The Bombers defence had their best game of the season,  holding Zach Collaros to 216 passing yards and the Ti-Cats to 31 rushing yards.

– No one on the Bombers had more than 4 tackles.

–  The West Division now has 24 wins compared to the East Division’s 7.

?‍?Nice possession time, better penalty total, and won the turnover battle...good stats.

?‍? Miss the huddle on the sidelines..

?‍? In my view, LaPolice called another good game..

INTERESTING:

?‍?Loved the block that Nichols threw at the end to help Harris' run. And don't think the players won't notice it in film study.

The little things that defines a championship caliber team. When your teammates see your QB making a big block to help Harris get a first down run late in the fourth, they'll do whatever it takes to win for you. 

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I hated the attempted block by Nichols. Game was over and he could have been trucked by the defensive player. No advantage to trying the block except the single play and a huge disadvantage if he got hurt.

It wasn't an attempted block, it was a block. It worked.

Although Nichols didn't 'have to', it shows that he is all in.

You don't think Reilly would do the same? He would. They're called leaders. You know, above and beyond...

As far as injuries, he could get 'trucked' any time, even avoiding blocks. He was ready, willing and able. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It wasn't an attempted block, it was a block. It worked.

Although Nichols didn't 'have to', it shows that he is all in.

You don't think Reilly would do the same? He would. They're called leaders. You know, above and beyond...

As far as injuries, he could get 'trucked' any time, even avoiding blocks. He was ready, willing and able. 

yep agree, it sends a message to the rest of the team that this guy is willing to go all out for you,  even when he "doesn't have to".  When your playing with a guy like that it has a ripple effect and makes the other want to do the same for him

49 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I hated the attempted block by Nichols. Game was over and he could have been trucked by the defensive player. No advantage to trying the block except the single play and a huge disadvantage if he got hurt.

It was a block not an attempted tackle. Nichols isn't made of sugar, he can throw a block without getting hurt. 

He's the leader. Leaders do stuff like that. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

It was a block not an attempted tackle. Nichols isn't made of sugar, he can throw a block without getting hurt. 

Yeah. Gotta let football players be football players. Unless they are at the buck pierce level of injury concerns. Which nichols isnt. When they watch game tape the room is gonna explode for his block. 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

?‍?Gotta love the hustle in Hurl..he really wanted that TD..

yeah great play and hustle, and lol Sam was in a bit of a footrace with an O lineman.

wonder if there will be some ribbing when they watch that play. 

I'm with  Tburg .....Nichols did say after the game, that he's going to be told to stop throwing blocks. Probably would be a good idea if he did not do that. I guess. Don't know.

Lawless should be more specific about the D changes. what are they? anyone else notice anything different?

Edited by Mark F

Nichols blocking is the same as Buck taking on tacklers instead of hook sliding. Macho stuff that has more down than up side. If Nichols gets hurt blocking this place will blow up with 'He shouldn't have been blocking in the first place'. Cuz he didn't get hurt this time, it becomes 'That's called leadership'.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Nichols blocking is the same as Buck taking on tacklers instead of hook sliding.

Heck no. They're completely different. Carrying the ball invites tackles and if you're not sliding, you're going to get targeted. In blocking, you can have the advantage.  I bet you that guy Nichols blocked never expected it. Now, if he did, Nichols might have been left on his can. 

That play happened in real time. Nichols reacted. It's who he is. I'm going to assume he won't be doing much of that in the future, but if it's for a TD, all bets are off.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah. Gotta let football players be football players. Unless they are at the buck pierce level of injury concerns. Which nichols isnt. When they watch game tape the room is gonna explode for his block. 

yeah Nichols doesn't seem to be injury prone which is great, I still remember all those years of watching Kevin Glenn take a hit and get up slow, or Buck getting cranked and being carried off the field, or Willy limping off with yet another leg injury.  Nichols takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  Of course, I still can't forget that image of his foot going backwards a few years ago in that playoff game against the Argos...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, ALuCsRED said:

Randle's strip sack... was blocked by Jeffcoat from the side angle, and by the back judge and field goal post on the endzone view.  Too hard to tell from TSN's only 2 camera views for me.

watching it again this morning, I think the ref was a bit early on the whistle on that one, especially after making Hurl chug all the way to the endzone on a different play that wasn't nearly as close.  It could have been a fumble, that's for sure.

Mike Reilly would have done the same as Nichols. Both guys are warriors. You really can't expect them to turn it on & off if that is how they play. The question I have is would Bo Levi Mitchell have thrown that block? His uniform always looks spotless. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Nichols isn't made of sugar but Medlock might be, I wish he would just trot off the field to the sidelines on some of those long returns instead of waving at the returner as he blows by.  Sooner or later some smart-ass ST player (like O'Shea) will realize his value to the team, line him up and truck him good, penalty be damned.

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mike Reilly would have done the same as Nichols. Both guys are warriors. You really can't expect them to turn it on & off if that is how they play. The question I have is would Bo Levi Mitchell have thrown that block? His uniform always looks spotless. 

Would Kevin Glenn have made that block?  Ha ha even the mental image of him being in that same situation as Nichols and getting out of the way as fast as possible to let Harris get smoked makes me laugh.

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Would Kevin Glenn have made that block?  Ha ha even the mental image of him being in that same situation as Nichols and getting out of the way as fast as possible to let Harris get smoked makes me laugh.

No, can't see Glenn doing that? I totally see Lulay doing it though. Bad shoulder & all. 

5 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

?‍?Loved the block that Nichols threw at the end to help Harris' run. And don't think the players won't notice it in film study.

The little things that defines a championship caliber team. When your teammates see your QB making a big block to help Harris get a first down run late in the fourth, they'll do whatever it takes to win for you. 

Yes I saw that too and thought the same thing. Something special brewing in the PEG.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

yeah great play and hustle, and lol Sam was in a bit of a footrace with an O lineman.

wonder if there will be some ribbing when they watch that play. 

I'm with  Tburg .....Nichols did say after the game, that he's going to be told to stop throwing blocks. Probably would be a good idea if he did not do that. I guess. Don't know.

Lawless should be more specific about the D changes. what are they? anyone else notice anything different?

Randle Blitzing don't think I have seen that one before.