bc thumped by SASKATCHEWAN

Mr Dee

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

BC tried to scoop a Rider O lineman, and taynted faith thinks they tried to grab Spooner.

I think the BC O line is plain bad.

Bad O line plus one injury prone scrambler, plus one chuck it up for grabs guy  =  problems.

Bombers seem to have the best O line at this time.

Probably no coincidence why Nichols is having a career year. Keep your QB standing on his feet and good things will happen. 

wow.....What happened to Wally's team,seems they went a.w.o.l.....Porous  would be the term for their O Line....it disappeared or is seriously lacking....Either the green guys D turned super star overnight or they were hopped up on something, cuz they destroyed the leo's...made them look very beatable....Didn't matter who they put in...Lulay or Jennings, they both had to get on their horse and try and save themselves...I guess Moore coming up lame (sounds familiar) didn't help but generally they just stunk...Jonesie had his way with them lol...Looks very much like Wally was the guy who made the play for Spooner, cuz o line wise they're in deep doo doo...Back to the drawing board for the ol fox and Khari ...heh heh.

that game was just a combination of one team showing up while the other didn't.  Hats off to the riders for doing what they needed to do, but the jury is still out whether they can beat a western team on the road,  next up in 2 weeks they play the esks at common wealth. 

Biggest take away I got from the game was Jennings not being ready to play. Perhaps ideally if Lulay didn't get hurt last week,  they would have given Jennings more time before returning but last night he looked bad.  It's absolutely no wonder Gainey had so many picks when the opposing QB is trying to force the ball down field every throw. could literally sit back and jump the route all night long.

Its funny how so far this season the talk has been can the riders leapfrog the bombers for 4th.  it may end up being a battle between sask and bc for 4th - which is surprising as I picked the lions to be 1st this year 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

It is interesting to see Jordan Herdman is second in the league in special teams tackles.  How many times have we seen a top prospect drop in the draft because of poor testing numbers and then they make the team that drafted them and it turns out that hey, they really are good football players.  He went from being ranked 16th by the scouting bureau to being drafted 60th overall, just because he ran a slow 40.  Incredible.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

BC tried to scoop a Rider O lineman, and taynted faith thinks they tried to grab Spooner.

I think the BC O line is plain bad.

Bad O line plus one injury prone scrambler, plus one chuck it up for grabs guy  =  problems.

Bombers seem to have the best O line at this time.

In a nutshell that's why it's more difficult to field a largely Natl. O-line these days, when you need a good replacement piece you simply can't find one.  A largely Import O-line is much easier to replenish and even upgrade mid-season as the US has an endless reserve.  Sask. pilfered Wally's reserve Natl. O-linemen and he's got nothing left in his barrel to develop, thus he tried to steal Spooner.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

The Wally pre-gamer was pretty eerie.......sure enough, BC came out were flatter than a pancake.    Reading too many press clippings?

Jennings was pretty special....an a brutal and horrible way.  Far beyond bad.  

Riders played well, and had the most D pressure I have seen from them, in a while.   Or is BC OL is really that bad?    In games like this, usually both.

BC's line is horrible. We should never have been able to generate the pressure we did in those three man fronts. What was odd was neither Jennings or Lulay showed any grit. I think after Equavon hit Lulay he was hurt.

54 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

that game was just a combination of one team showing up while the other didn't.  Hats off to the riders for doing what they needed to do, but the jury is still out whether they can beat a western team on the road,  next up in 2 weeks they play the esks at common wealth. 

Biggest take away I got from the game was Jennings not being ready to play. Perhaps ideally if Lulay didn't get hurt last week,  they would have given Jennings more time before returning but last night he looked bad.  It's absolutely no wonder Gainey had so many picks when the opposing QB is trying to force the ball down field every throw. could literally sit back and jump the route all night long.

Its funny how so far this season the talk has been can the riders leapfrog the bombers for 4th.  it may end up being a battle between sask and bc for 4th - which is surprising as I picked the lions to be 1st this year 

We won season series with Lions and did u a favor with the win. I don't care who we beat, I'd just like to see us back in the playoffs. Its just one win, it was nice but it doesn't mean anything. We need to continue to improve. Edmonton won't underestimate the riders in two weeks, that's a big game

28 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We won season series with Lions and did u a favor with the win. I don't care who we beat, I'd just like to see us back in the playoffs. Its just one win, it was nice but it doesn't mean anything. We need to continue to improve. Edmonton won't underestimate the riders in two weeks, that's a big game

Edmonton will be fired up after facing their first loss of the season as well

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Edmonton will be fired up after facing their first loss of the season as well

They are ripe for the picking I would say. Hopefully they keep it together long enough to beat you guys and we beat them after. As much as I hate the Esks, I wouldn't be heartbroken to see them lose them both

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Does anyone find the Hank Burris feature at halftime informative? I think he skims over things too fast & his voice is soft & hard to hear at times.  Doesn't really explain things very well.  Any comments? I thought LaPo was much better.

I was thinking I was too dumb or old because I found these segments to be worse than useless. Thank you for posting. My self esteem is back.

I am starting wonder if Wally has lost his edge. In every profession, at some point, no matter how good you are or how much you love the work, your unconscious starts sending out signals by changing perceptions and behaviours that its time to move on.  If you're in tune with that, you leave with your dignity intact. If not, and you overstay your welcome, you become an object of pity or scorn.

That was a team that did not show up. You could see it in the pregame that this team thought all they had to do was show up. Even Ulrich was commenting all week at how country club BCs practices looked last week. They needed to get kicked around and they did. Wish it could have been us playing them this week we would have beat them 100-0.

59 minutes ago, tracker said:

I am starting wonder if Wally has lost his edge. In every profession, at some point, no matter how good you are or how much you love the work, your unconscious starts sending out signals by changing perceptions and behaviours that its time to move on.  If you're in tune with that, you leave with your dignity intact. If not, and you overstay your welcome, you become an object of pity or scorn.

One game.

41 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

That was a team that did not show up. You could see it in the pregame that this team thought all they had to do was show up. Even Ulrich was commenting all week at how country club BCs practices looked last week. They needed to get kicked around and they did. Wish it could have been us playing them this week we would have beat them 100-0.

I'm not sure that BC would have laid down for the Bombers as they did for the Riders. They would expected stiff resistance  from the Bombers whereas I would bet they thought the Riders would be an easy game.  Maybe Jennings' non kick-butt personality played into that. Reilly probably would have throttled at least one of his teammates in full view of the crowd.

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

I was thinking I was too dumb or old because I found these segments to be worse than useless. Thank you for posting. My self esteem is back.

Thanks for the comment. I think a lot of people feel like you.  They seem to want to recreate the LaPo thing from 2 years ago during halftime. But it's not working. 

19 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One game.

Surprised he let Lumbala do the so called dirty  work for him instead of the Coordinators. He knew there was a problem but chose not to take responsibility for it & sluffed it off to one of his team captains. Would Wally have done that 20 years ago? Would he have let a team from that time be so sloppy & unprepared? Something tells me no. Maybe it's finally time he should think about stepping aside, this time for good as a coach. If this had been Benevides or Tedford coaching he'd have been seething up in the coaches box telling himself that it wouldn't have happened if he was on the sidelines. Yet it did. He rode those 2 head coaches hard & was probably just as much responsible for their failures as they were. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27