What iPad do I want?

I have an opportunity to buy a couple of iPads, depending on supply, due to my work (these are surplus).  I have an iMac and iPhone but no iPad so Im literally clueless.

There are some really cheap iPad mini's but Im guessing those are old?

So Im looking at:

Ipad Air 2 (Demo Display model)

iPad Air (Refurb)

iPad Mini 4

Ipad Mini 3

What do you think?

Just now, Atomic said:

Well what do you want to do with it?

Essentially have a larger iphone.  I probably wouldnt buy one at full price.  But based on the deal, I want to.  For example, if Im reading something on my phone before falling asleep, I'd be happy with a bigger screen.  When I traveled last, the plane had the smart entertainment set up (no physical TV's) so I was watching tv on my phone and that was annoying.  So taking the iPad on vacation to use for entertaining myself, facetiming etc, sounds like something I'd do.

For every day use, Im still using my i6.  For more intensive use, I have my macbook & iMac.  So really more of a convenience factor.

I think ive talked myself into a mini 4 haha

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Essentially have a larger iphone.  I probably wouldnt buy one at full price.  But based on the deal, I want to.  For example, if Im reading something on my phone before falling asleep, I'd be happy with a bigger screen.  When I traveled last, the plane had the smart entertainment set up (no physical TV's) so I was watching tv on my phone and that was annoying.  So taking the iPad on vacation to use for entertaining myself, facetiming etc, sounds like something I'd do.

For every day use, Im still using my i6.  For more intensive use, I have my macbook & iMac.  So really more of a convenience factor.

I think ive talked myself into a mini 4 haha

Personally I like the size of the bigger iPads but the mini 4 is the top-of-the-line model for that size.  You can't really go wrong with that.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I have an opportunity to buy a couple of iPads, depending on supply, due to my work (these are surplus).  I have an iMac and iPhone but no iPad so Im literally clueless.

There are some really cheap iPad mini's but Im guessing those are old?

So Im looking at:

Ipad Air 2 (Demo Display model)

iPad Air (Refurb)

iPad Mini 4

Ipad Mini 3

What do you think?

Air's are 9.7 vs 7.9 Mini size.

I like the Air's as main tab and mini's for dare i say it washroom reading.

Whats their sale price to you if u can say here?

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I'm sorry to hear that

I was a late adopter.  Always had PC's.  Finally after our relatively new PC died, the gf insisted on an iMac.  I reluctantly went along (she paid for it).  Hated it for about 4 days as it was so different and now, I can't imagine going back to PC.  I use a PC for work.  But everything is better on a Mac.  With the exception of software.  Loads more options with PC but I do find the minimal things I do (video editing etc), Mac is great, easy to use.  Although I wish they would make a next generation iDVD (for blu ray).

When I graduated from flip phones, I went with an HTC Diamond.  It sucked.  So I went with Blackberry and scowled at all the pretentious d bags with iphones.  And when I couldnt hold out any longer, I finally got an iPhone and swore at myself for waiting so long. 

Nothing is perfect.  But Im an Apple convert.

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Apple is ******* terrible and all you're doing is paying a premium for a device that is no better than any number of things on the market. Apple customers are suckers plain and simple. 

That might be true.  On the other hand, they've been great in my experience.  So unless they are actually terrible but possess the power to alter my mind into thinking they are good, I have to disagree.  And if they do have that power, that alone makes them a great company!