Is MOS changing?

BigBlue

50 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Right because MOS always tells the truth?  He is never forthcoming with what goes on behind closed doors.

Lawless might be right, he might be wrong.  But MOS claiming the opposite means nothing.

uh, no offense but I'd trust the word of the coach then of some scribe from across the country..

What exactly would Mike Oshea, who rarely IF EVER has seemed to come across as someone who isn't a straight shooter, benefit from lying, essentially? 

I consider Oshea to be a very up front and honest guy and he has yet to prove that otherwise.

32 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

uh, no offense but I'd trust the word of the coach then of some scribe from across the country..

What exactly would Mike Oshea, who rarely IF EVER has seemed to come across as someone who isn't a straight shooter, benefit from lying, essentially? 

I consider Oshea to be a very up front and honest guy and he has yet to prove that otherwise.

If you think O'Shea is up-front and honest then I don't know what to tell you.  You must be a very trusting individual.  He is the 100% opposite of that.  Maybe on a personal level he is up-front and honest, I would believe that.  But in his dealings with the media?  Not even close.

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If you think O'Shea is up-front and honest then I don't know what to tell you.  You must be a very trusting individual.  He is the 100% opposite of that.  Maybe on a personal level he is up-front and honest, I would believe that.  But in his dealings with the media?  Not even close.

Sure, there requires some reading between the lines but I don't think hes often lying to the media or fans, nope.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Right because MOS always tells the truth?  He is never forthcoming with what goes on behind closed doors.

Lawless might be right, he might be wrong.  But MOS claiming the opposite means nothing.

Oh I ain't saying MOS is always truthful with the media, but I will tell you this, I'll believe he's telling the truth here and that Lawless is doing what he often does and is passing speculation off as fact. 

If Lawless says things like "hearing this" or "there is a belief around the CFL" or anything along those lines I'll believe that he has a source on that. He's not totally full of ****, but he does like to pretend that he knows more than he does and apparently people like you just eat it up. 

O'Shea did address that very issue. He said that the outcome of a game is never guaranteed, as we well know, and he questions the benefit of having Davis coming in just to kill the clock, (last game example) They would undoubtedly be handing off the ball.

All the  QBs spend time running the same plays for the situations they will be up against to get the practice and to see what options each QB sees and takes. It's all captured on film, and discussed further in meetings. 

O'Shea says they have complete confidence in Davis, for example, and do not see the benefit of game time just filling in to hand off footballs. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Oh I ain't saying MOS is always truthful with the media, but I will tell you this, I'll believe he's telling the truth here and that Lawless is doing what he often does and is passing speculation off as fact. 

If Lawless says things like "hearing this" or "there is a belief around the CFL" or anything along those lines I'll believe that he has a source on that. He's not totally full of ****, but he does like to pretend that he knows more than he does and apparently people like you just eat it up. 

Well that was an unnecessary dig.

I'm unsure of where Lawless is coming from on this one.  I saw the tweets and immediately wondered if this was his opinion or whether he had heard it from a source.  I'm still not sure.  I don't necessarily believe he is correct, I just don't think MOS' denial is worth much.  That's all.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:28 PM, MOBomberFan said:

Saw this, confirming O'Shea is still a tough son of a ***** and all around decent dude.

Okay, I'll bite, what kind of person does this make him?