GDT: EDMONTON @ WINNIPEG

Mr Dee

So I'm working outside this morning when Wade Miller cruises by. I, decked out in Bomber gear, cheer and wave like the shameless fan boy I am. He stops and asks me if I have tix. I say I wish. An hour later Wade's assistant hand delivers me and my coworkers tix to tonight's game. What a cool frikken guy.

Thank you Wade! Thank you Bombers! I know you just gained a few fans for sure. Can't wait to get to the stadium and lose my **** as always

1 minute ago, MOBomberFan said:

So I'm working outside this morning when Wade Miller cruises by. I, decked out in Bomber gear, cheer and wave like the shameless fan boy I am. He stops and asks me if I have tix. I say I wish. An hour later Wade's assistant hand delivers me and my coworkers tix to tonight's game. What a cool frikken guy.

Thank you Wade! Thank you Bombers! I know you just gained a few fans for sure. Can't wait to get to the stadium and lose my **** as always

Wow! 

Thats awesome. Way to fan boy for the win.

13 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

An hour later Wade's assistant hand delivers me and my coworkers tix to tonight's game.

That's awesome. It clearly shows Miller is invested in this gig and wouldn't miss the opportunity for a good news story.

Well done there Wade!

Now, to go outside in my Bomber gear, here in Kelowna, and wait...

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah. Why even show up? 

I don't think the CFL lets us award 2 points via mail yet.. so I guess we need to go to the stadium and give it to them.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Drummond was a beast. One of the best running backs to ever play up here.  He played with Doug Flutie. The Argos were pass happy with him as their qb so Drummond never got the opportunity other running backs got.. He was dominant when he ran & could have realistically rushed for 1,600 yards with a lot of CFL teams back then. 

he truly was.  That was a great Era for RBs too tho.  Pringle, Drummond, Mills just off the top of my head..

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm sure the rushing stats will bump up once the weather cools down and the grind is more on in the season... 

totally agree.   it would be awesome if he somehow manages to crack 1k for both but I don't see it happening..

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

Today's the day the Shmoes lose their first game, Go Bombers Go!!!

woo!  great call, go bombers!!

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Can not wait to hear all the excuse making and the downplaying of the Bombers when they win tonight. The entire league disrespects Winnipeg nonstop. They hate us cause they ain't us. 

well said.   it should be interesting to watch the spin machines spit out their reasons and excuses.

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

that is some awesome stuff right there.. way to fanboy it up right!

WINNIPEG – The Edmonton Eskimos are looking for their fourth-straight road win to start a season for just the second time in 37 years.

And the first-place club (7-0) couldn’t have picked a better place to do it than against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (5-2) on Thursday (6:30 p.m., TSN, 630 CHED) at Investors Group Field, where the Eskimos have yet to lose.

Since the Bombers’ new home opened ahead of the 2013 season, Edmonton is 5-0 against them in the regular season, and 6-0 if you include a 26-20 win over the Ottawa RedBlacks in the 2015 Grey Cup.

“It’s just a cool place to play football,” said Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly, whose squad won its first four away games in 2014 – before that, it last happened in 1980. “They did a very nice job at that stadium, I said that the first time I played a game there. Their atmosphere is awesome, the way that they designed it, it gets very loud down there.

“So if you’re going on the road into a hostile environment and not ready to play at your best, you’re going to get your butt kicked.”

So while it’s been an Investors Group Field of dreams, there’s not exactly a road-field advantage.

“I think it just helps to focus in a little bit, I think that’s probably why we’ve had some success there, is because our guys understand how difficult a place that it is to play,” Reilly said. “And they make sure that they’re ready from the minute we touch down in Winnipeg.

“We know it’s a business trip and we’re there to do one thing and that’s win a football game.”

16 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Awesome story... congrats buddy

7 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I don't think the CFL lets us award 2 points via mail yet.. so I guess we need to go to the stadium and give it to them.

he truly was.  That was a great Era for RBs too tho.  Pringle, Drummond, Mills just off the top of my head..

totally agree.   it would be awesome if he somehow manages to crack 1k for both but I don't see it happening..

woo!  great call, go bombers!!

well said.   it should be interesting to watch the spin machines spit out their reasons and excuses.

that is some awesome stuff right there.. way to fanboy it up right!

People always forget Kalvin Anderson was really good 

26 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

That's awesome!!

I'll share my "great work Bombers" story, too.  So, I wanted to take my mom to today's game, we don't make it to as many as I'd like together but try for at least 1 a year.  She's the reason I'm a fan after all.  I have a single season seat in 209 right next to a great crew of buddies. Unfortunately, the seat directly beside me the other direction was unavailable and with 30K expected I wasn't going to risk having seats in multiple rows, for example. 

Anywho, I call up the office and give the girl (Jenn, I think?) my situation.  Also mention my mom's getting up there in age, so sightlines and stairs can be an issue.  Well she immediately suggested I exchange my season seat for this one game. In 2 mins she's found us seats together, down in 113.   With the exchange, I paid for 1 seat & and an extra $5 i think.   Really appreciated their accomodations :D

GO BOMBERS, baby!  #FORTHEW

Edited by Jimmy Pop
There, dang it.

53 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Pringle,

One of my favourite non bomber, CFL players.

"You can't stop Mike Pringle for four quarters" he said once, as he took over a game in the fourth quarter. Might have been v. the shmoes.

Aside from the expected win, I would like to see some Flanders slashing up the middle plays.

Edited by Mark F

?‍?Winnipeg has quietly moved from 7th to 2nd in sacks so far this season..

?‍?Justin Medlock vs Hugh O'Neill....'nough said

?‍?The number of starters the Eskimos have out tonight can beat the number of starters the Bombers have out...but that's not the game we'll be playing..

?‍?Key matchup - Reilly vs Nichols. Under the right circumstances I'll take Nichols. And tonight have the right circumstances.

"Heath is itching to get another pick.."

Ted Wyman

STATS PACK

Bombers                         Eskimos

34.4 (2nd) Points for 29.1 (3rd)

31.6 (8th) Points against 24.1 (3rd)

93.6 (5th) Rush yards 96.6 (4th)

294.6 (6th) Pass yards 332.7 (1st)

369.1 (7th) Net yards 407.1 (1st)

380.4 (7th) Yards allowed 308.0 (1st) 

?‍?Is this the start of the real season for the Bombers?

Esks QB Mike Reilly to @edmontonjournal on IGF -"Their atmosphere is awesome, the way that they designed it, it gets very loud down there."

DIVERSITY IS STRENGTH 

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

One of my favourite non bomber, CFL players.

"You can't stop Mike Pringle for four quarters" he said once, as he took over a game in the fourth quarter. Might have been v. the shmoes.

Aside from the expected win, I would like to see some Flanders slashing up the middle plays.

I agree.. he was one of my fave non-bombers as well.. ran hard all the time and always seemed to be the kind of player I wanted on the bombers (even tho we had Roberts at the time)

Some 3downnation predictions...

Dunk: Mike Reilly goes down, but it won’t be without a fight. BOMBERS

Hodge: The streak ends here. BOMBERS

Edwards: The Esks have lost so many bodies to injury but Almondo Sewell is a bridge too far. BOMBERS

Gasson: I keep betting against Winnipeg. The streak ends. BOMBERS

Busby: Streak will end in a shootout. BOMBERS

Smith: Edmonton has found a way all season, injuries be damned. ESKS

Filoso: Edmonton keeps rolling. ESKS

Totals: BOMBERS 5 ESKS 2