GDT: EDMONTON @ WINNIPEG

Mr Dee

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

You can't pick and choose plays to not count in the stats. Good thing there wasn't more time left. Halls defense let them walk down the field at will.  Full credit to Nichols for the win. He didn't make any mistakes, and took what was there

quit now. You're exposing yourself as the dolt that you are. The Bombers get full points for winning tonight.

That 2 back set gave the Moes fits.......LB's cover the short zones?....or the flats?....or just stand still, while considering things?  
Flanders run/catch abilities are a perfect bookend piece to Harris.     Harris simply would not take no, for an answer, tonite......outstanding stuff.

Edited by do or die

I haven't been that entertained by a Bomber team in years, that was just a real good game, Edmonton just wouldn't go away and kept it interesting till the end. I hope we get a few more like this down the stretch.  Edmonton's o-line is vastly under-rated, we couldn't get a sniff of Reilly all night, it's no wonder it doesn't matter who they have at receiver, Reilly has all day to stand back there and wait for them to get open, not to mention the runs lanes they open for their backs.

Bombers O is starting to dominate teams but would still like to see Nicholls be a little more aggressive in the red zone.

Defence is what it is, more heart than talent.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Bombers have quietly won 10 of their last 13 at IGF 

this is such an underrated point about our media... remember how much the media was harping on the blue after starting 1 and 15 (I don't remember, it was a bad record) at IGF... yet they go on a 10-3 run and no one says anything  

7 hours ago, Nolby said:

I really really dislike Carmichael. Really, how long before he's a backup?

My guess is when Brandon Alexander is healthy: Alexander - Walker - Loffler - Health - Randle looks pretty formidable...

7 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel Don Landry of CFL.ca needs a shout out. Only guy out of their 7 predictors, who picked us to win.

yes but I believe he was also the only guy to pick Hamilton last week... :D

The game last night proved that the Bombers can compete with the best most nights. It also showed that Harris,  and Adams are legit stars and both had their best games ever in blue and gold. The game also raised some concerns- some old (linebacking, red-zone performance and Carmichael) and some new- Edmonton's o-line was patchwork but Reilly had way too much time. If the Bombers want to be a dominant team, they need to fix this.

17 minutes ago, bearpants said:

this is such an underrated point about our media... remember how much the media was harping on the blue after starting 1 and 15 (I don't remember, it was a bad record) at IGF... yet they go on a 10-3 run and no one says anything  

My guess is when Brandon Alexander is healthy: Alexander - Walker - Loffler - Health - Randle looks pretty formidable...

That was Chris O' Leary. He said on the radio that he is picking Hammy until they win.

Just now, tracker said:

The game last night proved that the Bombers can compete with the best most nights. It also showed that Harris,  and Adams are legit stars and both had their best games ever in blue and gold. The game also raised some concerns- some old (linebacking, red-zone performance and Carmichael) and some new- Edmonton's o-line was patchwork but Reilly had way too much time. If the Bombers want to be a dominant team, they need to fix this.

I love how Adams wins almost every 50/50 ball, he has great hands and does a nice job at high pointing the ball int he air and adjusting.

On TSN radio this morning they roasted Carmicheal as well.  

I only watched the one drive after the half where Edmonton marched down the field.   In that one drive I did notice Knox chasing the running back and being several steps behind cutting the guy off.      DoD keeps bringing him up as a weak link...  did anyone else watch him and can comment?

22 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Yup that would be my guess too. Alexander should be back next week from the 1-day IR as he practiced Mon & Tue. They probably didn't put him in because this is a short week. Carmichael should go to the PR.

I think they might give Feoli-Gudino a week (next week) on the IR to rest. Coates filled in OK. Time to give either Blazko or Wolitarsky some gametime experience as backup. 

30 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

I love how Adams wins almost every 50/50 ball, he has great hands and does a nice job at high pointing the ball int he air and adjusting.

I think Adams has been a beast the last couple of games. It seems with the group we have now he actually gives a ****. Too many times before it looked like he didn't care or was going through the motions. Now he wants and fights for every ball and extra yards on every catch.

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On TSN radio this morning they roasted Carmicheal as well.  

I only watched the one drive after the half where Edmonton marched down the field.   In that one drive I did notice Knox chasing the running back and being several steps behind cutting the guy off.      DoD keeps bringing him up as a weak link...  did anyone else watch him and can comment?

I didn't notice Knox get roasted on the field but a couple times coaches let in to him on the sidelines. Once after a special teams play and once after the defense game off the field.

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

I think Adams has been a beast the last couple of games. It seems with the group we have now he actually gives a ****.

this is another point that I think is hugely underrated... you see the way the O-line reacts when we score... you see the way the O cheers on the D when they make a big play and vice versa... this has to be one of the most cohesive units we have seen in so many years... everybody loves playing for this team and playing with each other....

I remember rumours in and around the swaggerville years when there was always rumblings about the D being upset with lack of O production... not the case anymore... Mike O'Shea has all of these guys on the same page...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

it's what we're supposed to do :rolleyes:

they wonder why fans say, "why u only talk about the bad stuff" - that's why. I think you're right. 

...though I rarely rely on the media for Bombers news anyway, so whatevs

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

I haven't been that entertained by a Bomber team in years, that was just a real good game, Edmonton just wouldn't go away and kept it interesting till the end. I hope we get a few more like this down the stretch.  Edmonton's o-line is vastly under-rated, we couldn't get a sniff of Reilly all night, it's no wonder it doesn't matter who they have at receiver, Reilly has all day to stand back there and wait for them to get open, not to mention the runs lanes they open for their backs.

Bombers O is starting to dominate teams but would still like to see Nicholls be a little more aggressive in the red zone.

Defence is what it is, more heart than talent.

I dunno...what 5 straight games with 33 or more points scored, two games of over 40 this year and no INT's in what last 4 games?...I think we are being just fine with aggressive and game management...why risk when it's not needed.

You have to remember too that football is about scheming, setting up plays and game film and when teams start to try and take things away, that's when the good team's and coordinators take it up a notch and are prepared for it and implement the other stuff that will open up due to adjustments...hopefully Lapo is scheming for this

Just now, Booch said:

I dunno...what 5 straight games with 33 or more points scored, two games of over 40 this year and no INT's in what last 4 games?...I think we are being just fine with aggressive and game management...why risk when it's not needed.

You have to remember too that football is about scheming, setting up plays and game film and when teams start to try and take things away, that's when the good team's and coordinators take it up a notch and are prepared for it and implement the other stuff that will open up due to adjustments...hopefully Lapo is scheming for this

My only request is that Lapo let his guys dominate and not try to win the mind games with opposition coaches.  He doesn't need to!  He's got good players.  

The trick play was absolutely stupid and cost us 4 points.  We had two drives that ended in goal to go situations where Harris and Flanders didn't touch the ball for those plays run or pass and we kicked FG's.  That's a potential for at least a dozen more points from just keeping it relatively simple IMO.

yeah the way we dominated the line and were getting yards on the ground the going away from it on those drives inside the 15 just gets my blood boiling...I don't know why Lapo does that, not sure if he is of the mindset that a passing td is sexier but man...we left a lot of points out there..could have easily hung well over 40 on them