GDT: EDMONTON @ WINNIPEG

Mr Dee

11 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Goalie; guess you don't know what jumping off the band wagon truly is so that is about as far as I'll go in responding to you. Shallow, and non respective of others opinions....sad

Lol. Ill just leave it at that. Nothing to say to people like you. However... Since you want to play the insult game... You gave up your tix after 50 plus years apparently because you dont like our coach. You essentially gave up on this team because you dont like the coach so really... When you come out and say things like that... What do you expect? To be praised? You jumped off. You should stay off. And you come back after wins and think its all good? Bro.. You handed in your fan card weeks ago. 

Edited by Goalie

For those who don't live in Edmonton (and for those that do, a friendly reminder), it's a glorious day today. 

The birds are chirping, the sun is out and the smell of Eskibow loss is in the air. 

The excuses are rolling out already, e.g., 'fun game against our practice roster'.

Welcome to the weekend Shmoe fans.

We've earned being a sore winner :-)

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah the way we dominated the line and were getting yards on the ground the going away from it on those drives inside the 15 just gets my blood boiling...I don't know why Lapo does that, not sure if he is of the mindset that a passing td is sexier but man...we left a lot of points out there..could have easily hung well over 40 on them

Harris, Flanders, or a short pass to Thorpe and let him carry 3 defenders into the endzone with him.... all would be excellent options in that area of the field.  But instead we go for the back corner fade or a trick play... why???

9 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

Goalie; guess you don't know what jumping off the band wagon truly is so that is about as far as I'll go in responding to you. Shallow, and non respective of others opinions....sad

Hey you're the one that said you preferred Burke, Kelly, and Reinebold to our current coach.  What do you expect?

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah the way we dominated the line and were getting yards on the ground the going away from it on those drives inside the 15 just gets my blood boiling...I don't know why Lapo does that, not sure if he is of the mindset that a passing td is sexier but man...we left a lot of points out there..could have easily hung well over 40 on them

They're going to be expecting a hand off, gotta do what they're not expecting!

Lapo is his own worst enemy sometimes. Never thinks to just keep pounding the ball until they stop it, gotta stop it for them by over thinking. 

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Harris, Flanders, or a short pass to Thorpe and let him carry 3 defenders into the endzone with him.... all would be excellent options in that area of the field.  But instead we go for the back corner fade or a trick play... why???

I would love to see Thorpe get into the end zone, that guy is such a valuable piece of the offense already.

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Funny thing... if Calgary wins tonight... we will be 6-2 and in THIRD PLACE!!!... maybe it's just the recency effect, but has the west ever been this dominant to start the season?

Not this dominant but in the last several years the west has owned the East

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think Nichols needs to be a little more aggressive with his legs too.  Like on that toss to Lankford in the back corner when they showed the replay from behind Nichols he could have walked to about the 2 yard line, his first read was Thorpe on a flat that was covered and then someone else on a dig, covered.  All those routes to that side of the field he rolled to pulled the defenders away from him and left a ton of space for him to run. That element changes how teams defend and how DB's cover too.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

this is such an underrated point about our media... remember how much the media was harping on the blue after starting 1 and 15 (I don't remember, it was a bad record) at IGF... yet they go on a 10-3 run and no one says anything  

My guess is when Brandon Alexander is healthy: Alexander - Walker - Loffler - Health - Randle looks pretty formidable...

yes but I believe he was also the only guy to pick Hamilton last week... :D

Unfortunately, no one says anything because this just isn't true. Before last night's game, the Bombers were 6-7 in their last 13 games at IGF. Now, are they playing much better at home lately? Yes. After the win, they are 3-1 this season and 7-3 in their last 10 games here. I hope this continues, and if it does, I'm sure most of the media will mention how much better the team is playing. Except maybe for Wiecek, as it goes against his narrative. Just like the 30,554 LOUD fans at the game last night go against his narrative of people staying away because of O'Shea!

I also have to say that I agree that Alexander - Walker - Loffler - Heath - Randle looks pretty formidable. And Randle is an absolute beast out there right now!

The Roc is looking like the weak link....again....This guy played in the NFL but I think he left his game down there...Can't win when the other club knows they're good for six if they throw in his direction...Certainly we did win and were full value for it but the weak link is something Walter's and O'Shea have to deal with ....soon.

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

The Roc is looking like the weak link....again....This guy played in the NFL but I think he left his game down there...Can't win when the other club knows they're good for six if they throw in his direction...Certainly we did win and were full value for it but the weak link is something Walter's and O'Shea have to deal with ....soon.

He'll be out of the lineup as soon as Alexander is ready to return.

42 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

My only request is that Lapo let his guys dominate and not try to win the mind games with opposition coaches.  He doesn't need to!  He's got good players.  

The trick play was absolutely stupid and cost us 4 points.  We had two drives that ended in goal to go situations where Harris and Flanders didn't touch the ball for those plays run or pass and we kicked FG's.  That's a potential for at least a dozen more points from just keeping it relatively simple IMO.

The other play that was annoying was when they brought LeFevour in for short yardage and left him out for the second play only to flub it on some goofy QB sneak  and got caught in the backfield.  Red-zone opportunities are too valuable to fritter away with off the book plays, especially when they are not at all necessary. 

On the first trick play, the first thing I noticed was Flanders jogging to the side-lines and I just thought, "why the hell would they take him out now?"

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Roc is always in good position... He just doesnt make the play. I can see what they like about him.. He did have good coverage on the 2 completed long balls but just couldnt make a play. 

2 minutes ago, LeBird said:

First series, we were moving the ball at will. MOS has a brain fart and calls a trick play when it was not needed.  7 points lost

Harris fumbled (?) the ball on another series where we were moving quite well. 7 points.

Add another 14 points and our red zone appears not bad.

Lapo is the OC 

1 minute ago, LeBird said:

First series, we were moving the ball at will. MOS has a brain fart and calls a trick play when it was not needed.  7 points lost

Harris fumbled (?) the ball on another series where we were moving quite well. 7 points.

Add another 14 points and our red zone appears not bad.

We did get a 3 on the first drive with the trick play but yeah it's a minimum of 7 points left off on those two drives. Add in the drive that got stalled due to penalties and we could have been off and running early.

53 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I do have one complaint, I'm pretty sure Lapo reads these boards and then purposely doesn't give it to Andrew Harris on the 1 and calls QB keepers to screw with all of us who had Harris in the Lock of the Week. :)

I had Harris in fantasy, which was great, but it sucked seeing him get stopped twice at the 1.

1 hour ago, The Ginge said:

Unfortunately, no one says anything because this just isn't true. Before last night's game, the Bombers were 6-7 in their last 13 games at IGF. Now, are they playing much better at home lately? Yes. After the win, they are 3-1 this season and 7-3 in their last 10 games here. I hope this continues, and if it does, I'm sure most of the media will mention how much better the team is playing. Except maybe for Wiecek, as it goes against his narrative. Just like the 30,554 LOUD fans at the game last night go against his narrative of people staying away because of O'Shea!

I also have to say that I agree that Alexander - Walker - Loffler - Heath - Randle looks pretty formidable. And Randle is an absolute beast out there right now!

How are we 6-7 in our last 13 at IGF?  I thought we were 4-5 last year and 3-1 this year which equates to 7-6.  Not what I want it to be but not a disaster.

Edit: I see you said before last night's game.  My bad.

Edited by wpgallday1960