GDT: EDMONTON @ WINNIPEG

Mr Dee

Edmonton @ Winnipeg 

No changes for the Bombers...

AE35598_A-_D506-4_EA2-_B993-9602_D45441_

Travis Bond on the Bombers getting a 'reputation' for 'gritty' play  

IMG_0582.jpg

Who'd a thunk? Bombers are ahead of Eskis in sacks 2.9-2.7 per game

6/7 cfl writers have chosen Edmonton over Winnipeg. Only Don Landry has picked the Bombers. I'd be ok with that if he also wouldn't be the only one to pick the Argos in their match.

"Definitely have to be on our Ps and Qs this week going against (Reilly). Great matchup." -  TJ Heath

"I feel like we have great confidence already."  -  Clarence Denmark

Our proud O-Linemen:

IMG_0589.jpg

FOR THE W!

On paper, we're superior almost everywhere except at QB. They've still got some all-star caliber players (Reilly, Willis, Ladler, Bowers, Hazelton) but they're a very, very beat up team. What I'm really curious about is how they're going to do on the DL with almost no solid bodies to rotate in. Mike Moore is adequate, not sure about Yates but that's a lot of reps for guys (Bowers and Boateng) who have had their success in controlled rep counts so far.

Esks offence is no joke.  Reilly is healthy, their OL is mostly healthy, Perkins is a great replacement at RB and might end up holding onto the starting job regardless of health, and their receivers, while somewhat beat up, are still dangerous.

I do find it a little ironic that they have been decimated with injuries but Cory Watson is actually healthy.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Esks offence is no joke.  Reilly is healthy, their OL is mostly healthy, Perkins is a great replacement at RB and might end up holding onto the starting job regardless of health, and their receivers, while somewhat beat up, are still dangerous.

I do find it a little ironic that they have been decimated with injuries but Cory Watson is actually healthy.

Groulx and Sorensen suck.   I expect the pocket to be in Reilly's lap all night.  Key to this game is contain and not letting him out of the pocket.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Groulx and Sorensen suck.   I expect the pocket to be in Reilly's lap all night.  Key to this game is contain and not letting him out of the pocket.

Sorensen is an interesting case.. I know he was hot garbage when he passed thru here but hes been a fixture in EDM for awhile now.. did he evolve into  an average centre or are they really playing a a scrub in such a critical spot?

Sorensen being on the top 50 list was an absolute head scratcher. He was pretty bad in Winnipeg and found a home in the starting rotation in Edmonton filling out a need but being far from from a great player. I feel like they just wanted to pick a starting Canadian OL and put him in the top 50 and pat themselves on the back thinking they know more then the average fan. 

14 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Sorensen is an interesting case.. I know he was hot garbage when he passed thru here but hes been a fixture in EDM for awhile now.. did he evolve into  an average centre or are they really playing a a scrub in such a critical spot?

More reliable snapper, but still can't block.  If he gets isolated 1 on 1 he's screwed.

The Bombers have tremendous mental toughness, showing flashes of brilliance.

Maybe they're finally hitting their stride.  starting to gel.

This team is starting to make some noise, everybody's on the same page, the players have bought into the system.

They're doing all the little things you need to win.

(hattip to.... sportscliche.com)

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hmmm I'm not so sure about that.  Yes we need to contain Reilly, that is job 1.  But those guys don't suck.  At least when stacked up against other interior OL around the league.

Just now, Atomic said:

Hmmm I'm not so sure about that.  Yes we need to contain Reilly, that is job 1.  But those guys don't suck.  At least when stacked up against other interior OL around the league.

Groulx I thought for sure was pretty bad.. plus hes playing hurt.

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

what a beat up Eskimos roster. If we don't dominate both sides of the ball I'll be greatly disappointed

Yes, but for seven games straight they keep on finding ways to win , relying heavily on their depth  playing with a ton of confidence.  Therefore this may tell us we won't dominate.

This is a game where you would think it's going to come down to the wire (read Medlock).  p.s., I'll take a blow out by the Blue as well.

Walking into the office this Friday is going to go a couple of ways depending on the result. So make it happen Blue so I can deploy my sore winner approach with my Eskiblow colleagues to welcome in their weekend. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah I think if we game plan properly we should be able to wear that dline down and run it down their throats, or kill them with the screens and flats type stuff until they start to creep up[ and cheat then burn em mid to deep

Lapo is my concern there. 

O-line, schmo-line. I do think we can grind their O-Line down with a rotating core like we have been using. The key still, is Reilly. He's the MOP so far. Despite being out-manned, he finds a way for them to compete. We have to find a way to not let him compete. 

We can out-Special Team them,  we can do a good job on them Offensively, and man for man we can defend against them. But if we let that QB Reilly-us-up, then we'll have stiff opposition, and lots of headaches. Velcro him into the pocket and we will have success.

The boys really want it..