GDT: EDMONTON @ WINNIPEG

Mr Dee

Edmonton 7-0. Bombers on a short week, Esks full week to prepare. Even with a depleted lineup there are still some outstanding players on both sides of the ball and they've been finding ways to win games. If we win this one we'll be in a good place and a real contender.

Edited by coach17
Getting facts right

3 minutes ago, coach17 said:

Edmonton 7-0. Bombers on a short week, Esks 2 weeks to rest and prepare. Even with a depleted lineup there are still some outstanding players on both sides of the ball and they've been finding ways to win games. If we win this one we'll be in a good place and a real contender.

Edmonton played last Thursday in Ottawa.

Edmonton is the definition of smoke and mirrors. With a full, healthy roster, they're a damn good team, for sure. The roster we're going to see tomorrow? We damn well better beat that, or we're going to have to re-evaluate some things and this place will be ugly for a week. Now, having said that, I fully believe we'll win tomorrow...

I think the pressure is on the Bombers for tomorrow and that's not a bad thing.

We're at home, we're pushing to be a top-3 team in this league, and we're playing an injured team. If we lose, we allow the Riders to get close in the standings, with back-to-back games coming up.

Edmonton has every excuse to lose but if they do, all of sudden, Calgary can jump them in the standings, with back-to-back games coming up.

It's should be a really fun game to watch. Can't wait.

Edited by JCon

Edmonton has a lot of pressure on them as well.  I'd say more than us. Their fans want to see them go to 8-0. You know that Esks fans think we're inferior to their team. The national media & TSN does as well.  They will be expected to perform regardless of injuries. So, rather than the pressure's on the Bombers to win at home, I think it'll be on the Eskimos more to live up to their fanbase & media's expectations to win on the road & keep the winning streak alive.  Edmonton has to lose at some point & they will. So they might as well lose against the Bombers. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Edmonton has a lot of pressure on them as well.  I'd say more than us. Their fans want to see them go to 8-0. You know that Esks fans think we're inferior to their team. The national media & TSN does as well.  They will be expected to perform regardless of injuries. So, rather than the pressure's on the Bombers to win at home, I think it'll be on the Eskimos more to live up to their fanbase & media's expectations to win on the road & keep the winning streak alive.  Edmonton has to lose at some point & they will. So they might as well lose against the Bombers. 

I was going to post a similar thing.....pressure is absolutely on the Esks. I mean, they're the unbeatable 7-0 ESKIMOS !!11!! and we're just the lowly Bombers who fluked out a couple wins vs inferior opponents.....

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I love Thursday night games. Something to look forward to before the weekend. Get my football fix in nice and early  I'll take a thursday game over a Saturday or Sunday game any day!

^ This.

Also, for those that have workplaces that allow it, highly recommend taking the Friday following a Thursday night home game off. Makes for some awesome long weekends and means you don't end up leaving the stadium with 1:40 left because you have to "get up early".

Some good info on the Bombers...

Steal & Deal: The @Wpg_BlueBombers have converted the 14 takeaways they’ve caused into 68 points, the league high. #CFL

.@qterback5 & @Trev_Harris are each averaging 2 TD passes per game & are both on pace to record 36 TDs, a new career high for each. #CFL

Since 2015, only two quarterbacks have recorded 10+ game-winning drives while trailing or tied in the fourth quarter: Mike Reilly (12) and Matt Nichols (10). In the same span, Trevor Harris has eight and Bo Levi Mitchell seven.

So far this season, Reilly leads the league with four of these drives and Nichols is right behind him with three.

Calgary has the best ratio with zero interceptions and eight touchdowns, followed by Winnipeg with one interception and seven touchdowns.

Winnipeg’s Andrew Harris rushed for 107 yards on 14 carries (7.6 yards per rush) to mark the first time this season he has cracked a 100+ game. It’s the sixth time a player this season has gone over 100+ rushing yards (Andrew Harris, Cameron Marshall, Jerome Messam, LaDarius Perkins, Travon Van and John White). No player has multiple games of 100+ yards.

Andrew Harris is on pace for 1,003 rushing yards and 872 receiving yards. He would become only the second player to rush for 1,000+ yards and get 800+ receiving yards in a season. Robert Drummond did so in 1997 with Toronto (1,134 RUSH, 840 REC).

CFL Communications

Edmonton has only won one game by more than a touchdown this year. They could easily be a 4-3,3-4,5-2 team. Yes, they're banged up but it's a "next man up" attitude that has been winning them their games. We've got a real opportunity here, in front of 32000+ screaming fans to take advantage of a hurt team and finally give us credit where it's due.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/08/16/game-preview-edm-vs-wpg/

“We really don’t care what people are saying about us. It’s about the locker room, the day-in and day-out and what we go through, how we battle and how we execute… it’s on us in the film room afterward.

“It’s going to be a battle. And we don’t really care what people are saying about us.”  -- Andrew Harris

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Some good info on the Bombers...

Steal & Deal: The @Wpg_BlueBombers have converted the 14 takeaways they’ve caused into 68 points, the league high. #CFL

.@qterback5 & @Trev_Harris are each averaging 2 TD passes per game & are both on pace to record 36 TDs, a new career high for each. #CFL

Since 2015, only two quarterbacks have recorded 10+ game-winning drives while trailing or tied in the fourth quarter: Mike Reilly (12) and Matt Nichols (10). In the same span, Trevor Harris has eight and Bo Levi Mitchell seven.

So far this season, Reilly leads the league with four of these drives and Nichols is right behind him with three.

Calgary has the best ratio with zero interceptions and eight touchdowns, followed by Winnipeg with one interception and seven touchdowns.

Winnipeg’s Andrew Harris rushed for 107 yards on 14 carries (7.6 yards per rush) to mark the first time this season he has cracked a 100+ game. It’s the sixth time a player this season has gone over 100+ rushing yards (Andrew Harris, Cameron Marshall, Jerome Messam, LaDarius Perkins, Travon Van and John White). No player has multiple games of 100+ yards.

Andrew Harris is on pace for 1,003 rushing yards and 872 receiving yards. He would become only the second player to rush for 1,000+ yards and get 800+ receiving yards in a season. Robert Drummond did so in 1997 with Toronto (1,134 RUSH, 840 REC).

CFL Communications

Drummond was a beast. One of the best running backs to ever play up here.  He played with Doug Flutie. The Argos were pass happy with him as their qb so Drummond never got the opportunity other running backs got.. He was dominant when he ran & could have realistically rushed for 1,600 yards with a lot of CFL teams back then.