3 stars plus HH broken esks streak edition

wbbfan

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Can't help but think he might be right off the roster when Dressler comes back.  They tipped their hand using Flanders on kick return.

Flanders returned because he had to. JFG was down and lankford was at the trainers table too. 

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Can't help but think he might be right off the roster when Dressler comes back.  They tipped their hand using Flanders on kick return.

Agreed they have to keep Flanders on the roster. so much you can do with both him and Harris on the field plus Fogg and Flanders can probably handle punts and kick off returns.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Flanders has been the second returner for every game he's played.  Just finally got kicked to.

2nd returner on kick offs is more of an up back position. seldom returns unless the ball is squibed and bounces funny, or goes close to out of bounds on his side but not all the way. 

I like Lankford as a kick returner but... Hes kind of invisible as a receiver

Not when he catches a bomb and scores a TD from it.  Lankford has his moments and fights hard for extra yards. He's been a pleasant surprise. The Coaching staff will have some tough decisions to make. And, for a change, in a good way.

Edited by Mr Dee

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Not when he catches a bomb and scores a TD from it.  Langford has his moments and fights hard for extra yards. He's been a pleasant surprise. The Coaching staff will have some tough decisions to make. And, for a change, in a good way.

That happened once

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Just got back from the game;

my 3 stars tonight were

1. Harris the RB

2. Harris the Receiver

3. Adams

HH to the secondary + Leggett.  Carmichael got beat a few times but over all seemed like the secondary was playing with some fire

What about the man getting these guys the ball? 80 percent passing the ball, 4th straight game with no turnovers, and 10 yards shy of 400 yards, not to mention a modest 27 yards on the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

What about the man getting these guys the ball? 80 percent passing the ball, 4th straight game with no turnovers, and 10 yards shy of 400 yards, not to mention a modest 27 yards on the ground. 

Nichols played great too, but I'm really starting to dislike his little hops in the pocket. Seemed whatever evasiveness he had in the first half disappeared 

Great game. The 3 star segment on MBB is fantastic. I would really really like to see anyone channel Cactus Jack again for the original flavour of a true happy honker award.  It's super to include an HH,  it means so much more with lengthy verbiage and creative efforts, with all due respect to those that mention possible HH awards. 

1. Harris - How cant it be... 100 plus rushing and 100 plus receiving 

2. Nichols - Was on fire. 80 percent completition.. No picks... Almost 400 yards and a couple nice runs

3. Adams - Guy is legit.. Underrated big time... All he does is make catches and big ones.. Massively underrated 

HH - Tough one... I could go with Randle who made a great pick near the end of the first half setting up Adams TD... Could go with Coates who stepped up nicely when JFG got hurt... But.. Im gonna give it to TJ Thorpe who is absolutely a YAC monster. 

1. Nichols - Unquestionably his best game as a Bomber. Smart with the football. Able to get it I to some really tight spots. Reminded me of the games Dickenson would have years back with how methodical he was.

2. Harris. Also his best game as a Bomber. I'd love to see his yards after first contact. Sadly the CFL doesn't track that stat.

3. Chris Randle. Massive takeaway just before the half allowing us to get a late major.

1. Nichols - Managed the game well with patience, taking what the Eskimos D gave him. Biggest stat for him - 0 picks.

2. The entire D line - they had no sacks, but gotta give them some credit here, they contained Riley and forced him to throw from the pocket instead of picking up first downs with his legs. It takes disciplined play from the entire line to be able to do that and not get greedy.

3. Randle - I know the D had some lapses/unlucky breaks, but that pick before the half led to a TD, and completely swung momentum for the Bombers. Not to mention it was the difference on the scoreboard at the end of the night. Gotta mention that

HH - Lapolice called a fantastic game, I also liked that the very first snap after Harris' fumble, Lapo went right back to him, instead of shying away. Showed trust in his RB and commitment to the running game - also good use of the Harris/Flanders combo.

3 stars: Harris, Flanders, Nichols

HH going to Matthias Goossen 

After watching on the pvr it was pretty apparent he drew 2 calls against them. There's a play where Nichols is reading what play to call and it looks like Goossen realized the esks had too many men then runs as fast as man can his size to snap the ball off. Good execution. 

Then he snapped the ball early when their DE jumped too. A couple of heads up plays by an unsung guy 

I'd also like to give an honourable mention to all the people dressing up for games and making it look like a "Let's Make a Deal" taping.  That person in the north end zone in a full bear costume get's top marks as it must have been hot AF wearing that all night.  some other costumes I saw were the Legion of Doom bomber fan, the ultimate warrior bomber fan,  horseface bomber fan, and up near the section we were in a guy painted up in gold with a #69 "Goldmember" gold bomber jersey with gold hat and gold cane 

There is also a guy in, i believe section 209, wears a #1 "First Down" Jersey and sports a foam #1 blue finger, there is likely not a fan in the place that gets as excited for a first down as this guy, was making my son laugh all night - such as if there was a delay in the refs calling a first down, he would jump up and cock his foam finger like a gun just eagerly waiting to celebrate another :lol: good stuff!