3 stars plus HH broken esks streak edition

wbbfan

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

OK, I did the whole "Cactus" rambling thing last year. Was not easy to crank out a wordy piece mainly because I wouldn't come on the boards until about 48 hours after a game (learned that is the best way to stay sane after a win, or especially after a loss, because the knee-jerk reactions inflamed by emotion were a bit much too take for me), and the spontaneity had passed, but I will not shy away from a challenge. I will skip this week since the moment has passed (BTW, Cactus would have picked Randle for that huge INT which led to the late TD in the first half - flipped the game) but will give it a go next week (hopefully promptly too). Remember that the HH is not the unsung hero or underrated performance, it is all about the "something special, a little extra" which basically is one play that stood out during the course of the game, maybe has impact, maybe did not, maybe was an example of the larger game as a whole. Example: last week, against Hamilton, Matt Nicholls throws a block when Harris reverses field, with 2 minutes left in the game and the Bombers up by 20!!! Totally unnecessary, pretty meaningless in the grand scale of the game, but what a moment to show how tight this team is and how much of a leader he is. That is happy honker worthy.

So see you all next week. Hope I can rise to my own challenge (now to work on the Haiku - Johnzo is brilliant for getting that going too, between that and Odds and Sods, this place is gold for creative post-game commentary).

For authenticity sake, you will need to prime the pump for a few hours  prior to your musings. Since one of Cactus' favorite watering holes,"The Paddock" is no longer standing, you will have to improvise by going to Olive Garden (now sits on the spot). I recommend sitting in their parking lot with a thermos of Sidecars while you develop your deal.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

On 8/18/2017 at 1:50 PM, Rod Black said:

I'll assume your wife wasn't driving. Or is she one of them "modern" women that has to have a drivers license? 

I think in the 5 years we've been together she's driven about 4 times*... this was not one of those times...

*very likely I was drunk and she has been pregnant for the past 7 months...