Roc Carmichael

BigBlue

On 1290 this am it was pointed out how little ball presence Roc has when a deep ball is in the air .... he seems to be right close with the receiver but ends completely out of position as the ball arrives ....  again too many of the big plays against us were RocResponsible

20 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

On 1290 this am it was pointed out how little ball presence Roc has when a deep ball is in the air .... he seems to be right close with the receiver but ends completely out of position as the ball arrives ....  again too many of the big plays against us were RocResponsible

Not sure what he was thinking positioning himself behind Stafford in the end-zone, generally the throw doesn't  come from that direction.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

I only noticed 2 plays against him. 1 was a TD. 1 it looked like Walker should have helped out more. 

The TD was just desperation trying to stay close, the other one he was behind the receiver which is fine it was walker coming over who also went behind that was the error there in my opinion. Walker should have under cut the receiver and tried to disrupt the pass or failing that put your shoulder squarely in the guys ribs as he goes up see how he likes that. As it was he did nothing on that play.

28 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not sure what he was thinking positioning himself behind Stafford in the end-zone, generally the throw doesn't  come from that direction.

I thought it looked like he overran it thinking the ball was going to end up deeper in the endzone and at the last minute tried to adjust but Stafford had boxed him out.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

did the same thing on a pass to the sideline. So he's right there with the receiver,  at least.

Maybe he can watch Randall video for four hours a day till the next game.

or this might be right: cause it makes sense.

it was walker coming over who also went behind that was the error there in my opinion. Walker should have under cut the receiver and tried to disrupt the pass

I'm going to watch the tape before I say anything.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

That deep one on 2 and 25 Walker was in position to lay out Williams but stay back looked like he was hoping that the ball would be deflected to him.

This is  more in my line of thinking. 2  defenders deep, Walker was deeper. He has to hold that position and make the tackle. It was a jump ball, it's fairly tough to make a play when you're the smaller defender as was Carmichael. As Davis Sanchez points out, it would be better to play the ball on the way down when you're smaller...to knock the ball out of the receivers hands, not try and jump when you have  the inferior height.

You still have to give credit to the receivers, they make the plays, as is what happened then. The one in the end zone  (jump ball) was BS. luck - that does happen once in a while.