THE MORNING AFTER ....WITH COFFEE

Mr Dee

?‍?Glad we held that tackle-breaking class just before this game. It seemed every ball carrier broke at least one tackle. It was like they had a competition on who could break more...

?‍?They have it wrong. It's not location, location, location. It's possession, possession, possession. And the Bomber possessed. That happens when our O keeps their O off the field..

?‍?Truly, I have never seen Harris play so well as in this game.

?‍?And the groans grows louder from one province over...

?‍?Couldn't  beat us, even with luck and circus catches.

?‍?Brilliant game management by the Bombers. Caught them 3-4 times with too many men on the field. Awesome.

?‍?I'm throwing my playbook away. I don't need it. LaPolice has got it covered. This team is spreading its wings and every player is getting involved. LaPolice is making it happen. It's really fun to watch.

?‍?So nice to have Flanders as an option.

?‍?Absolutely love winning a Thursday night game. With 2 points in our pocket, we can settle in and watch the other teams beat themselves up.

?‍?What's not to like about over 30,554 fans screaming madly for the team they love.

Nichols wouldn't let him have the ball...

IMG_0632.jpg

?‍?I like the expression - fundamental football. Fits this game.

?‍?What's up TJ? Can't be the interception leader like that..

Jim Toth - #Bombers hurry up offence is really giving #Eskimos defence headaches... #CFL

Terry Jones (Edmonton) - This game isn't even close. Other than the scoreboard.

Darrin Bauming - That's *game-manager Matt Nichols driving the field again...

?‍?Bombers no-huddle-offence - "cheetah" - gotta love that...

Juicy...Arash Madani- Kenny Stafford being cut by WPG in the pre-season wasn't about talent. He was a locker room issue. They took the cap hit for a clean break.

Randy Turner - I'm beginning to think Andrew Harris just uses the first tackler to keep his balance. #Bombers

?‍?To be honest, Eskimos were never reilly in this game.

?‍?Harris - Player of the Week? Month?

?‍?That game was....for the fans

Blue and Gold CFL

Idc... Winnipeg is the 2nd best team in the CFL. And Calgary is on the radar #Bombers

Troy Westwood - Coming into the game Edmonton had the #1 pass D in the #CFL allowing an average of 252.9 yards per game. Nichols threw for 390 tonight.

?‍?W - for wicked

?‍?Very nice work by the D-Line tonight, and for the most part...the secondary. Several times Reilly couldn't putt the ball anywhere worthwhile.

Carmen Chinery - The plane is expected to be added to the six-game IR tomorrow.

?‍?In my opinion, the score severely flatters the Eskimos.

CFL on TSN- .@andrewharris33 set the bar higher for running backs. 

?‍?I - for impressive

?‍?C'an't forget mentioning the special Teams -  locked in..as usual.

?‍?Bombers have a winner in Thorpe...

?‍?YAC yards all night long

?‍?Onlly Ten yards  - Bomber offence only had 10 yards more than 5 FOOTBALL FIELDS!

?‍?Bombers - Only 2 punts!

?‍?18 penalties total - split between both teams

?‍?It's time people realize we have a Quarterback!

?‍?Bombers had a lot of 'un-picks' last night.

@Mr Dee

Thanks for that. Loved this one ... 

Randy Turner - I'm beginning to think Andrew Harris just uses the first tackler to keep his balance. 

LOL!

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's a pretty libelous thing for Madani to post without some info to back it up, which makes me think there's fire behind that smoke.......

As much as people rag on Madani for his rumours,  he is often right about his claims.. I'd think theres some truth to this..

Mike Miller is a demon special teams, Wild needs to get back in the lineup Knox just doesn't measure up, Roc needs to take a seat, Flanders is a nice piece in the backfield, kudos to anyone who thought Thorpe was a player I didn't see it, I like our receivers atm, and finally the d line needs more push because Reilly with time and his number 1's will rip apart our secondary.

Gerry Moddejonge - Edmonton Journal...

"While the Eskimos have done well over the first seven games almost seamlessly substituting players onto the field in different packages in order to get certain personnel matchups while maintaining the ratio, their injury situation reached a breaking point Thursday, manifesting itself in four penalties for having too many men."

“We’ve had a lot of substitution packages in because of the way we were playing our guys,” Maas said. “(The Bombers) are good at recognizing that and playing with a good tempo and got us caught a few times.

“And then obviously with some injuries there were a little bit more guys moving in and out because of it. So they did a good job (Thursday), my hat’s off to Winnipeg and I give them all the credit.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/mounting-injuries-and-poor-first-half-ends-eskimos-win-streak?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+edmontonjournal%2FBPhZ+(Edmonton+Journal+)

29 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Mike Miller is a demon special teams, Wild needs to get back in the lineup Knox just doesn't measure up, Roc needs to take a seat, Flanders is a nice piece in the backfield, kudos to anyone who thought Thorpe was a player I didn't see it, I like our receivers atm, and finally the d line needs more push because Reilly with time and his number 1's will rip apart our secondary.

I think Edmonton was  playing max protect quite a lot of the time.

Two things I forgot to include. Must have been when I spilled my coffee..

?‍?I forgot to include the absolute most BS call the CFL calls these days. A defensive contact penalty when the defender is holding his ground.This penalty was called last night when Cory Watson levelled Heath just as Loffler was intercepting Reilly's pass. Heath was NOT running and suddenly stopping (justification) but rather when he was just standing there. O'Shea challenged and lost. That's just wrong...IMO

?‍?And secondly, on special teams, when the Eskimos tried that onside kick, well, aren't our players well Coached up on how to block on it. Between the  time O'Neil kicked the ball and Adams snagged it, there wasn't an Eskimo still standing to try and retrieve it. They were all levelled. Beautiful to watch.

Edited by Mr Dee

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's a pretty libelous thing for Madani to post without some info to back it up, which makes me think there's fire behind that smoke.......

Joy Behar of the CFL...

Every word about Stafford coming out of camp was the opposite of what Madani is suggesting.  So the idea that he got beat out as the reason he's no longer with the team when he quite clearly got beat out jives with me.

15 minutes ago, mbrg said:

2 completely uncatchable helicopter punts!

How exactly did he get that bizarre rotation on those?

I've seen plenty of end-over-end punts before; I've never seen an end-around-end done for any meaningful distance.

We were talking about it after Suitor explained what was going on. ****... To be able to not only boom a punt that far is amazing to me, then to be able to exact a certain amount of precise spin ON TOP of that?? Gtfo... 

9 hours ago, mbrg said:

2 completely uncatchable helicopter punts!

How exactly did he get that bizarre rotation on those?

I've seen plenty of end-over-end punts before; I've never seen an end-around-end done for any meaningful distance.

TSN showed Medlock punting with the ball sideways across his foot at a slight inclined angle, amazing that he can control the direction of it at all.

15 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

?‍?And secondly, on special teams, when the Eskimos tried that onside kick, well, aren't our players well Coached up on how to block on it. Between the  time O'Neil kicked the ball and Adams snagged it, there wasn't an Eskimo still standing to try and retrieve it. They were all levelled. Beautiful to watch.

They were all levelled? What does that mean?