Little things

BigBlue

16 hours ago, BigBlue said:

One more little thing, Parking:

I have settled on Park  N ' Ride but last week decided to drive straight to the game, don't ask me why. (it had something to do with getting a pizza to go). I got a spot very close to the stadium just over the hill opposite the east entrance. I was surprised at the $20 bill I handed over for the privilege but still I was inside the stadium gates in no time at all.

Leaving was another matter. We were literally a few hundred feet from University Crescent but had to follow the flow of traffic as directed by the gates-keepers. It took over 40 minutes to get onto University Crescent (and then just 3 minutes to get to Pembina Hwy) .... 

Is exit traffic always that bad? Is there a better faster place to park and exit?

It was a funny way to spend $20 when I could have had a beer or two instead. Any suggestions should I ever skip the Park  N ' Ride again?

The closer the lot you park in, the longer it will take to get out.  That's the reality of it right now unfortunately.   This goes for "I" lot, where I believe you parked, as well as U lot and VIP parking on the footprint.  I tell people ahead of time that if you will be in a hurry to get out at the end of the game, to park in "Q" lot or even better, save yourself $10 and park in the Value lot.  Those are the best options from what I have heard that will get you out the quickest. 

**For everyone reading this, there is an exit plan in place after every game in order to help keep things organized and flowing as best as possible.  There is no easy option.  Our goal this season has been to have EVERY lot emptied within 45 minutes after the game, and so far so good.  This may seem like a long time for some people, but it is the new normal and still way faster than pretty much any stadium in the NFL.**

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

Did anybody realize the season ticket holder of the game only had 4 years of Seasons or something ridiculous? How do they pick these?  My aunt and I have have had seasons for around 16 years, I'm 24 now... I hope I dont need to go 27 years for an award.

This is done by random draw each game.

The only thing I don't like about the  Season Tickets for Life thing is the cancellation policy.  You only have a 1 month window (Aug 15-Sep 15) each year to cancel for the following season.  It seems like a very small and very early window to have to decide something like that.

Edited by bigg jay

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The only thing I don't like about the  Season Tickets for Life thing is the cancellation policy.  You only have a 1 month window (Aug 15-Sep 15) each year to cancel for the following season.  It seems like a very small and very early window to have to decide something like that.

I'm certain that if you indicated to the Bombers that you intend to cancel, prior to the window, they would honour it. You would still be charged until August though, which completes the 12th and final payment, of the current season's ticket.

Edited by JCon

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

That's the trade off for the perks.  Otherwise how would it really be any different then regular season ticket renewals?