Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als

BigBlue

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

When was he ever a zero?

Whenever he vanishes which he is prone to do on occasion. To be fair though, that may be more scheme than him, hard to say. He is one helluva player when active and involved and I'll never forget his one-hander ...

Just now, Mike said:

Mike O'Shea considers every player a starter, he's said it multiple times. Jones from Loffler would be a downgrade no matter how you paint the picture. 

yea I don't think Jones is nearly as good at the separating the ball from the receiver type hits that Loffler throws or run help for that matter but I do think his speed and his cover skills are better..  so we lose some, gain some I suppose.

The big edge Loffler has over Jones is experience, and that is massive, but Jones is faster than Loffler, and has played well in spot duty. The gap between them might not be as big as some think, especially since he will be getting help. The problem occurs because there will also  be a number of changes  in the secondary and that might also affect the safety play.

Edited by Mr Dee

Personally, I don't think this team will fall for a "trap game"... IMO Nichols and Harris are the best leaders we've had on this team since Khari and Milt were running the show... and I believe O'Shea will not let his guys get complacent...

maybe my blue goggles are getting darker every game but I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much confidence in a Bomber team... probably 2001... Not that I'm saying they'll finish the season 16-2... but this no longer a Bombers team that will get walked on by anyone... Calgary and BC better be ready next time they face us...

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The big edge Loffler has over Jones is experience, and that is massive, but Jones is faster than Loffler, and has played well in spot duty. The gap between them might not be as big as some think, especially since he will be getting help. The problem occurs because there will also  be a number of changes  in the secondary and that might also affect the safety play.

Fixed and agree 100%^_^

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The big edge Loffler has over Jones is experience, and that is massive, but Jones is faster than Loffler, and has played well in spot duty. The gap between them might be as big as some think, especially since he will be getting help. The problem occurs because there will also  be a number of changes  in the secondary and that might also affect the safety play.

They might shuffle Jones off to the corner despite the position he's slotted to play, Leggett may see some time at Safety if the Als. achieve too much success through the air. 

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They might shuffle Jones off to the corner despite the position he's slotted to play, Leggett may see some time at Safety if the Als. achieve too much success through the air. 

I was actually noticing Leggett in a safety position a lot during the Edm game... especially in passing situations...

13 hours ago, Cam P said:

This game feels like a classic "trap game" spot. Coming off a big win against an undefeated team, back to back the next 2 weeks against your biggest rival, and playing against a team that you should've lost to a couple weeks ago.

Would not surprise me at all if the Bombers lost this one, but I obviously hope I'm wrong

They won't underestimate these guys, seeing as they almost beat us 4 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Personally, I don't think this team will fall for a "trap game"... IMO Nichols and Harris are the best leaders we've had on this team since Khari and Milt were running the show... and I believe O'Shea will not let his guys get complacent...

maybe my blue goggles are getting darker every game but I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much confidence in a Bomber team... probably 2001... Not that I'm saying they'll finish the season 16-2... but this no longer a Bombers team that will get walked on by anyone... Calgary and BC better be ready next time they face us...

I as well feel more confident in this team. They just beat the tar out of Edmonton (that score was flattering to the Eskies) and finally, FINALLY, when they played a bad team like Hamilton, they didn't play down to their level. That was a turning point for me. Good teams don't play up or down to the level of their competition. They just play their game and that's what the Bombers have been doing.

37 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

If Carmichael comes out, maybe they can get Dressler in there without having to take out anyone else (Fogg was already on the roster). 

That would imply that they don't have an American backup defensive back on the roster.  I think that would be very risky.

22 hours ago, Cam P said:

This game feels like a classic "trap game" spot. Coming off a big win against an undefeated team, back to back the next 2 weeks against your biggest rival, and playing against a team that you should've lost to a couple weeks ago.

Would not surprise me at all if the Bombers lost this one, but I obviously hope I'm wrong

This is a huge trap game for you. Montreal is old and weak. Calgary underestimated them. Bombers in a walk, but still got to show up

fwiw...

Herb Zurkowsky‏ @HerbZurkowsky1  
 For a second consecutive day, Brandon Rutley is replacing the injured Tyrell Sutton. #Alouettes

Herb Zurkowsky‏ @HerbZurkowsky1 
 And Dominique Tovell remains sidelined, meaning Anthony Sarao will be #Als' MLB this week

Edited by Noeller

Yeah Rutley gives Durant a better check down option and is more versatile as a receiving threat for coming out of the back filed...tho Durant seems to have trouble making that short pass to a runningback for some reason

Taylor Loffler will go the week without practicing. Mike O'Shea would not rule him in/out but thinks he'll be OK. Derek Jones up next.

Brian Walker will also go the week without practicing. Brandon Alexander and Kevin Fogg should factor in. I think Carmichael will back up.

If Carmichael is out of the starting lineup, it would be the first time of his rookie CFL season. #Bombers

While I think Julian Feoli-Gudino will dress in Montreal, it looks like Matt Coates will start. #Bombers

Edited by Noeller