Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als

BigBlue

Very interesting about Thomas "starting" and Poop backing up Nevis. Loffler starting despite not having practiced this week. I would be surprised to see him have as many reps as normal back there. Might see him split time with Derek Jones. Wild apparently back on the 6-gamer for a second stint....shame.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Very interesting about Thomas "starting" and Poop backing up Nevis. Loffler starting despite not having practiced this week. I would be surprised to see him have as many reps as normal back there. Might see him split time with Derek Jones. Wild apparently back on the 6-gamer for a second stint....shame.

It looks like they're starting 8 Canadians to keep their options open - looks like guys are more banged up than they're letting on. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

It looks like they're starting 8 Canadians to keep their options open - looks guys are more banged up than they're letting on. 

I don't really think it's any different - they're not increasing their flexibility at all by doing this. They rotate Hurl and Thomas anyways.

I think Okpalaugo is a scratch though (or Carmichael but that'd be thin at DB) with Foketi.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't really think it's any different - they're not increasing their flexibility at all by doing this. They rotate Hurl and Thomas anyways.

I think Okpalaugo is a scratch though (or Carmichael but that'd be thin at DB) with Foketi.

I've been thinking for a while that they may increase the reps for Thomas and maybe decrease for Hurl - be interesting to see how that plays out. 

8 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I've been thinking for a while that they may increase the reps for Thomas and maybe decrease for Hurl - be interesting to see how that plays out. 

Who is Hurl rotating with?  He seems to be out there for every play either at MLB or WIL.  It certainly hasn't been the case of Hurl "or" Thomas,  they're on the field together plenty of times.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Who is Hurl rotating with?  He seems to be out there for every play either at MLB or WIL.  It certainly hasn't been the case of Hurl "or" Thomas,  they're on the field together plenty of times.

I've noticed he comes off in certain passing situations, when they add an extra DB. Thomas being on the field is what allows them to do that.