Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als

BigBlue

1 minute ago, shadybob said:

I would be surprised (and disappointed) to see Okpalaugo get scratched. I know Jeffcoat is playing well but just based on his history I think he deserves to at least rotate in. To me the scratches should be Foketi & Faith.

Ratio issues though.  With the roster they posted, they have to sit 2 Americans.

39 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Has Ekatatie played a down this year?  I know he was dressed for the Montreal game as I saw him on the field after the game, but I don't know if he actually played at all. 

yeah he has taken snaps in games...minimal but has been in.

Actually was in the goal line stand vs Calgary where we stuffed them 4 straight times....the next play where they scored he was subbed out..

Bill Beacon - Canadian Press (writing for 3downnation)

But Ray Lankford caught a touchdown pass, a short kick worked, and a second penalty-aided drive got the Bombers to the one-yard line, from which Andrew Harris was deemed to have scored even if he looked on the replays to have been stopped short.

Ray? Lankford.  - a short kick worked? That's his description? - deemed to have scored? - looked to have been stopped short? 

No bias there BOB

Winnipeg Sun -

Before this season, the Bombers had been 6-2 or better only once in the last 15 years (since 2001).

- Winnipeg hasn't made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since 2007-08.

- Winnipeg hasn't had winning records in back-to-back seasons since 2002-03.

?‍?Will the Bombers take the Alouettes for granted?

O'Shea quote - Every down, every play, every series, we have to fight extremely hard to give ourselves the chance to come out with the win.”

Westerman quote - on looking to 1st place "That'd be the biggest mistake,” Westerman said. “To think about first place or where we're at in the division, you really just have to focus on the games in front of you. You can't take your eye off the ball.”

yeah they have a whack on the 6 game and 1 game now...they are razor thin at moment. If we come in and play they way we have...and should...we shouldn't have much of a problem...but you never know tho. This team tho...seems to be built very well, very tight and they won't let each other become complacent or over confident..I can't see any games this year where we lay an egg again because we are too into our presss clippings...they seem on a mission

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Has Ekatatie played a down this year?  I know he was dressed for the Montreal game as I saw him on the field after the game, but I don't know if he actually played at all. 

He is a project and was considered one when they drafted him. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Bill Beacon - Canadian Press (writing for 3downnation)

But Ray Lankford caught a touchdown pass, a short kick worked, and a second penalty-aided drive got the Bombers to the one-yard line, from which Andrew Harris was deemed to have scored even if he looked on the replays to have been stopped short.

can't help but laugh at a hack like this...

Ray Lankford?... you couldn't take 10 seconds to look up the proper name...

Penalty aided drive?... maybe stop leading with your head when tackling... and I only recall Nichols making 3 tacklers look stupid on a 15 yard run at the end... no penalties aided that play...

Appeared to be short?... the TSN review team and the CFL command center (I know, not the most reliable source) determined it was a TD... but I'm sure some writer in Montreal got the real exclusive...

haha, what a clown

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He is a project and was considered one when they drafted him. 

he was considered the most "pro-ready" player in the draft... It was suggested that was one of the major reasons the Bombers selected him...

Maybe the narrative has changed now... but he wasn't considered as much of a project a few months ago...