Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als

BigBlue

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

A few months ago he was the most pro ready player in the draft.

Or the most pro ready who wasnt NFL bound... Lots of insiders have said hes a project tho... Doesnt mean much.. I mean in reality... Not a lot of the 2017 picks are doing much yet. Hes got lots of time to show what he can do.. I honestly have thought when he has played.. Hes looked pretty decent. 

Edited by Goalie

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The fact that Ekakatie isn't ready yet is just fine by me. The days of needing first year players to step in right away are gone. Let him cook on the PR for awhile along with Couture and Spooner, and be ready in a couple years...

I completely agree... all I, and a few others, were saying is that he was believed to be pro-ready when he was drafted... the fact that he's not playing much is no big deal at all...

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Me too - but it's gotta be either Roc or Okpalaugo. Can't be a Canadian, so Ekakitie will dress, which tells me it's probably TO, since I can't see them dressing 8 DL and 6 DB.

That would be a short handed secondary especially with Loffler extremely iffy.

No possibility of Lankford being the scratch or another receiver?

I'm worried it could be Flanders.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Can't see how it will ever be Flanders anymore.

I just don't really see the need for TO, we rotate Corney Westerman Jeffcoat just fine. 

25 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The fact that Ekakatie isn't ready yet is just fine by me. The days of needing first year players to step in right away are gone. Let him cook on the PR for awhile along with Couture and Spooner, and be ready in a couple years...

Not ready or just not as good as Westerman, Thomas, Corney?

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That thought crossed my mind as well but I don't think they would do it.  He's just too good.  It's gotta be Okpalaugo.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Not a lot of the 2017 picks are doing much yet. 

It's true.  Most of the guys who have had an impact are 3rd rounders or later.

3rd - Christophe Mulumba, Dondre Wright, Tunde Adeleke
5th - Kwaku Boateng
7th - Jordan Herdman

Beyond that, no one from the 2017 draft is really having an impact yet.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

We've seen the team make some questionable (at least in the fan's opinion) decisions in the past... but I can't imagine any way, barring injury, that Flanders and Harris are not in every game going forward...

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

We've seen the team make some questionable (at least in the fan's opinion) decisions in the past... but I can't imagine any way, barring injury, that Flanders and Harris are not in every game going forward...

The potential for this dual backfield offence isn't something they discovered just yesterday, much to my chagrin it's been laying dormant since the beginning of last season, suppressed by the ratio. 

It really doesn't matter if Ekakitie is deemed 'pro ready. ' He fits a need he's getting the work necessary to be a pro. We're just lucky we can afford to bring him along while getting high output from others on that line. When there will be a need he will be ready., just like the other draft choices who are filling a need.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It really doesn't matter if Ekakitie is deemed 'pro ready. ' He fits a need he's getting the work necessary to be a pro. We're just lucky we can afford to bring him along while getting high output from others on that line. When there will be a need he will be ready., just like the other draft choices who are filling a need.

skyday4.gif

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

When i was at TC Ekakitie stood out to me as a guy who really works hard on his craft. Just watching him in one or two drills on the sled practicing a couple swim and hook moves you could tell he had never done it before, he got it wrong the first couple times. Jake Thomas went after and looked like he definitely had done this drill before and looked very professional and polished. Thomas took Ekakitie to the side and showed him and a couple of the other new guys the footwork and hand positioning. After that Ekakitie tried a couple times in a row even there was only one bag and about 10 defensive tackles waiting for their turn  him do this drill, every time getting better. 

To me this just showed me how raw he really was and more importantly a little work ethic and desire to get better. Also showed coachability and willingness to learn- definitely a Mike O'shea/ Walters guy.

Since we played them 3 weeks ago, they've lost Keith Shologan, Chris Ackie, Philip Blake and J-C Beaulieu for Canadian starters / rotational pieces. They've literally got probably one Canadian starter that would start in other lineups in the league (Westerman)