Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als

BigBlue

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

I completely agree... all I, and a few others, were saying is that he was believed to be pro-ready when he was drafted... the fact that he's not playing much is no big deal at all...

Corney and couture still arent ready. Though corney is looking better and better. He imo, is a better prospect then ekakitie.  It was a heavy futures draft for us. 

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Flanders is too good to not play. He deserves to be on the game day roster all year long. 

What I'd like to see, is Santo-Knox get a shot at starting and benching Kyle Knox.

Kyle Knox has to be the biggest disappointment of the year. He has the athleticism and aggressive attitude but is clueless.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Since we played them 3 weeks ago, they've lost Keith Shologan, Chris Ackie, Philip Blake and J-C Beaulieu for Canadian starters / rotational pieces. They've literally got probably one Canadian starter that would start in other lineups in the league (Westerman)

Hey, just hold on now.  Sam Giguere wouldn't just be a starter, he'd be the MOP as far as the RodBlacks are concerned.

27 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Having to start Sam Giguere ahead of Nik Lewis because of ratio issues speaks volumes about what they have to work with right now.

You can bet Lewis will be on the field for much of the game... but  that also means there will be a fullback in play or one of Cunningham/Jackson will be on the bench... both situations play well for us...

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

YEAH thats some pretty poor Canadian depth...we gotta be so grateful now how Walters has constructed the Bombers...never much of a worry as of late in regards to ratio and depth and being hand-cuffed with who we can start

I think he's done well but we aren't out of the woods.  A significant injury to any of our NI D starters would be tough to manage while maintaining this level of play.  

Harris, Hurl or Loffler get hurt and we are in big trouble IMO.

I don't think so really, as Oshea says and I agree, Jones could easily step in and start at either wide side corner or safety, and I'm sure a rotation of Westerman, Corney, Thomas on the d-line  would keep us just as we are and producing just fine. As it stands now at times we have 4, sometimes 5 nationals in on plays in defense anyway, so basically we would just switch who technically is the actual starter on the game day depth chart, but in actuality just continue to rotate and  roll our guys as usual.

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think he's done well but we aren't out of the woods.  A significant injury to any of our NI D starters would be tough to manage while maintaining this level of play.  

Big trouble?  No, I don't think so.  Will there be a drop off?  Well, anytime you lose a starter and have to play a backup, you should expect that there will be some drop off.  I think that National depth wise, we are in a position where we can absorb a hit and still be more than competitive.

48 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hurl would not be missed all that much. We could just put up one of those yellow signs you see on wet floors in commercial buildings and it would serve equally well. The opposing running backs could trip over that.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I don't think so really, as Oshea says and I agree, Jones could easily step in and start at either wide side corner or safety, and I'm sure a rotation of Westerman, Corney, Thomas on the d-line  would keep us just as we are and producing just fine. As it stands now at times we have 4, sometimes 5 nationals in on plays in defense anyway, so basically we would just switch who technically is the actual starter on the game day depth chart, but in actuality just continue to rotate and  roll our guys as usual.

And way less flexibility which basically renders your DIs moot.

IMO we are short a DB/LB guy who can reliably play 70% or more of downs in case we have an injury.  I don't mind Jones but I personally haven't seen him play safety and he really hasn't at any length even in his preseasons.  You'd have to hope practice reps translate to good instincts.

Most likely any lengthy D injuries of NIs is going to require a ratio change on the OL or at receiver to maintain the ability to run good sub packages on D.

Knock on wood.

20 hours ago, Mike said:

Montreal's 7 Canadian starters: Luc Brodeur-Jordain, Kristian Matte, George Johnson, Samuel Giguere, Jabar Westerman, Jesse Joseph and Dondre Wright

That is ugly ugly ugly

Holy heck I guess I don't know this league at all! I haven't heard of half those guys. 

20 hours ago, Mike said:

Since we played them 3 weeks ago, they've lost Keith Shologan, Chris Ackie, Philip Blake and J-C Beaulieu for Canadian starters / rotational pieces. They've literally got probably one Canadian starter that would start in other lineups in the league (Westerman)

Oh....well that explains that. ;) :lol: