IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Totally agree on the team picks..

CFL wise I think Bryant could be in that consideration as well...At least in the WEST as nobody on a western team has really stood out. 

To me in the West, Spencer Wilson is the easy choice at one spot and then it's probably a toss up between Figueroa and Bryant. 

I think Bryant wins that toss up...he's more versatile and I bet grades out better.  I would even think Hardrick grades better on a consistent basis than FIG....I think he is a bit over rated...not as good as he was when he came onto the scene in Hamilton

From where our line came from, to where it is now is nuts...you could probably plop Foketti, Neufeld and Couture on any line in the league as a starter somewhere...on some teams 2 if not all 3 could probably replace a starter and the line would be as good or better

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Can't really agree with that to be honest. He's gotta be what, 50%? on the "key ones" this year? If the key ones were still there, we'd be 7-1 right now. 

Or we'd be 4-4. 

We had several close games. Wins by 3 points, 1 point and 3 points again. Medlock:

5-5 key win sask 3 point win

4-4 win in Tor 

2-4 win Montreal by one point

6-7 win Ottawa by 3 points

Edited by Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Or we'd be 4-4. 

We had several close games. Wins by 3 points, 1 point and 3 points again. Medlock:

5-5 key win sask 3 point win

4-4 win in Tor 

2-4 win Montreal by one point

6-7 win Ottawa by 3 points

Quit moving the goalposts on what you're saying.

First you said he's making the key ones. I said not exactly. And now suddenly, every field goal is a key one. 

I get it - you want to spin everything in a positive fashion. That's fine. But I'm just discussing things here.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Quit moving the goalposts on what you're saying.

First you said he's making the key ones. I said not exactly. And now suddenly, every field goal is a key one. 

I get it - you want to spin everything in a positive fashion. That's fine. But I'm just discussing things here.

Spin? Those are key FGs just like I mentioned. If they're not made, we don't win those games. 

So, in your discussion, why aren't they 'key.'

https://www.cfl.ca/top-performers/

Andrew Harris, Matt Nichols and SJ Green were named the Shaw CFL Top Performers of the Week for Week 9 of the CFL’s 2017 season.

Andrew Harris played a vital part in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ 33-26 victory over the first-place Edmonton Eskimos on Thursday Night at Investors Group Field. The Winnipeg native recorded 105 rushing yards on 11 carries (9.5 yards per carry) and added eight receptions for 120 yards (15 yards per reception).

Matt Nichols passed for a season-high 390 yards to help the Blue Bombers give the Edmonton Eskimos their first loss of the season. Nichols completed 80% of his passes, rushed for 23 yards, and collected two touchdowns: one passing, one rushing.

Monster games for both. I expect Harris to wind up as fan player of the week.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Spin? Those are key FGs just like I mentioned. If they're not made, we don't win those games. 

He has made some key field goals, he has missed some.  So to say he is making the key ones isn't really accurate.  He is making some of the key ones.

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

His job is to make field goals.

Let's isolate the Toronto game, since it's the first one I looked at: he's 4-4, we win by 8. He hit two massive field goals, neither of which were late in the game. Then he hit two routine ones each under 30 yards of the automatic variety.

Ottawa game - he hit one big one and missed one 45 yarder, which flipped the field on us. The rest of them? Routine. Again - not sure why this is such a huge deal. He did his job.

Saskatchewan game - longest field goal was 35 yards - again, a bunch of routine kicks. He did his job.

Montreal game - he gave away 5 points on missed field goals, which one could argue essentially changed the entire script of the last six minutes of the game, since Bede kicked a field goal to put them up by (you guessed it) 5 at that point. Handing us the ball down 5 with 6 minutes to go led to a two-and-out, however a tie game easily changes the entire way we move the ball there (not speculating for better or for worse) so I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here. His best play of this game was a beautiful onside kick. 

aaaaand then there's the BC game, which for as much as I love Medlock, I have to say you could quite easily almost single handedly blame on him.

We can argue about the fake punt all day, but all indications are he was the one who saw a key in the alignment and called it which was an absolutely horrendous move at that point in the game and basically flipped every bit of momentum we had going for us and then he falls short on a kick that he needs to be making for the money we pay him.

Medlock makes our team better. He's a great player. He hasn't had an amazing year. 

Doesn't change the fact that any one of the made FGs was important and  'key' in winning those games. You're arguing that Medlock isn't having a great year. On that we can agree. 

So, yes we could have won the BC game, but lost the Mont. game or the Sask. game or the Ottawa game. He still had to make those for us to win those games.

That was my point, and for some reason you're disputing that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Doesn't change the fact that any one of the made FGs was important and  'key' in winning those games. You're arguing that Medlock isn't having a great year. On that we can agree. 

So, yes we could have won the BC game, but lost the Mont. game or the Sask. game or the Ottawa game. He still had to make those for us to win those games.

That was my point, and for some reason you're disputing that.

You just finally acknowledged the only point I've been making this whole time and agreed with it, then implied I'm the one disputing things?

I honestly don't know what your point is, because it seems to change every post. At first, it was that he's making the key kicks. Then all the kicks are key kicks, but he's not making all of the kicks either. Now it's that if he didn't make easy kicks, we could've lost?

Here's my belief: the key kicks are the kicks that we pay him to make because the other kickers aren't capable of making them. If we just wanted him to make every single 30 yarder that adds up to enough points to cover the margin of victory, I'm sure Hugh O'Neill could do that at a much fairer price. We're paying him to make the 50 yard game winners, the 55 yarders to take leads, the big kicks with the game on the line. And he's not making all of those.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

You just finally acknowledged the only point I've been making this whole time and agreed with it, then implied I'm the one disputing things?

Sure Mike. That's your take.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I honestly don't know what your point is, because it seems to change every post. At first, it was that he's making the key kicks. Then all the kicks are key kicks, but he's not making all of the kicks either. Now it's that if he didn't make easy kicks, we could've lost?

To me, when a game is on the line, they're key kicks. I have not changed that point from the beginning. All his FGs have been an important part of the game. That's my point.

You want to limit it to the edge of all kicks (50 yarders and above) Go ahead. I don't have that limit. 

I've said it all in my posts. That's it.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I think Bryant wins that toss up...he's more versatile and I bet grades out better.  I would even think Hardrick grades better on a consistent basis than FIG....I think he is a bit over rated...not as good as he was when he came onto the scene in Hamilton

From where our line came from, to where it is now is nuts...you could probably plop Foketti, Neufeld and Couture on any line in the league as a starter somewhere...on some teams 2 if not all 3 could probably replace a starter and the line would be as good or better

Loved how our tackles handled Odell on Friday.  No somersaults for the mayor.

Does Couture get reps?  Glad to hear you're bullish on him but I haven't seen him out there a lot aside from short yardage.

29 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Does Couture get reps?  Glad to hear you're bullish on him but I haven't seen him out there a lot aside from short yardage.

I don't think he does, Neufeld is getting a bit of playing time coming in as the 6th OL and on short yardage.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

He's come in for short yardage, also in some max protect as a TE

He also filled in last year in game situations when injuries happened and didn't look outmatched at all. Also has gained probably 15 pounds since we drafted him and has looked good in practice this year, and through camp. Really nice solid Canadian depth with minimal drop-off if pressed into game action if need be

To me, what separates Medlock is his mental toughness. He thinks he is going to execute every kick perfectly, whether he does or not. He's one of those guys that no one doubts. It's actually a surprise if he is not successful. It wasn't like that with our last kicker.