IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

Mr Dee

Nichols is showing good psychological  resilience.... started the season ok, then few a threw horrible picks,  one pick six, I was wondering if he was regressing;  after one bad game he said

"everyone needs to play better", and they all have.

But I guess he's shown that since he came into the league.

1290 is putting a lot of air time into the Bombers lately, and doing a good job. Yesterday Hustler was mentioning Flanders, and said "and no it's not Ned"     lol Hustler. Regularly inteview Milt, and other TSN /newspaper reporters from across the league.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

Nichols is showing good psychological  resilience.... started the season ok, then few a threw horrible picks,  one pick six, I was wondering if he was regressing;  after one bad game he said

"everyone needs to play better", and they all have.

But I guess he's shown that since he came into the league.

1290 is putting a lot of air time into the Bombers lately, and doing a good job. Yesterday Hustler was mentioning Flanders, and said "and no it's not Ned"     lol Hustler. Regularly inteview Milt, and other TSN /newspaper reporters from across the league.

Milt always says F-L-A-N-D-E-R-S (Homer style) when he talks about Timothy.

10 hours ago, J5V said:

To me, what separates Medlock is his mental toughness. He thinks he is going to execute every kick perfectly, whether he does or not. He's one of those guys that no one doubts. It's actually a surprise if he is not successful. It wasn't like that with our last kicker.

I think this sums up Medlock quite nicely. When he comes out I view the kick as automatic. No matter how far away.

The wind in Hamilton was stupid, and he laughed at the movement of the ball on the one that he missed when the ball made a right turn just before the posts. If you noticed, he kicked several more into that crosswind and aimed directly at the left post and was successful.

I've always loved watching him kick the ball.

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

How those guys don't get sick and tired of hockey / Jets talk is beyond me. 

I wrote Westwood an email about it once. He told me most people want to hear about the Jets, not anything else. 

I replied back asking how people would ever know whether they want to hear more about the Bombers since they never have the chance in the first place. 

I don't listen to 1290 anymore. I listen to podcasts to hear about the cfl. It's far superior.

Winnipeg is a great sports city. Let's face it.  A Winning football club will generate more interest on a station like 1290 . If we were 2-6 instead of 6-2 we probably wouldn't hear much. People are still in the honey moon stage with the Jets but if they don't start winning this year and the Bombers are among the elite teams I can see more air talk on the radio dedicated to the Bombers in the future.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Winnipeg is a great sports city. Let's face it.  A Winning football club will generate more interest on a station like 1290 . If we were 2-6 instead of 6-2 we probably wouldn't hear much. People are still in the honey moon stage with the Jets but if they don't start winning this year and the Bombers are among the elite teams I can see more air talk on the radio dedicated to the Bombers in the future.

You can tune in once a week and find them still on the same topics.