Derel Walker

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If we dont have money for a guy like bear woods, at our biggest position of needs Im not holding my breath on us opening the vault short of starting calibre NI. 

We did have money for him. But... Theres this thing called the canadian ratio. Ppl like to crap on hurl but never offer up a legit solution to fielding the 7th national

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

We did have money for him. But... Theres this thing called the canadian ratio. Ppl like to crap on hurl but never offer up a legit solution to fielding the 7th national

When woods was cut we were projecting hurl as the 8th starting NI. With thomas starting at DT.  It was widely reported and postulated that we did not have the money for him, That we were not immobile cap wise, but un able to make a big move like that with out a heavy handed pay rollcut. 

Derek jones, who mos said this week is starter quality, Could start at S and loffler could slide down to MLB. Mo could go back ot S and jones could take his spot in the same scenario as well. I wouldnt want to mess with the DL but thomas is allways an option. I also wouldnt want to mess with the OL, though couture may create a tough decision at some point.  Swapping to 2 starting NI wrs would be a loss over all in talent imop. 

There are plenty of options, and i would think most are widely known and understood. If we could get trade value for a DT to elevate thomas to a starter that would probably be ideal. Namely for an  imp LBer worth starting

Edited by wbbfan

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

When woods was cut we were projecting hurl as the 8th starting NI. With thomas starting at DT.  It was widely reported and postulated that we did not have the money for him, That we were not immobile cap wise, but un able to make a big move like that with out a heavy handed pay rollcut. 

Derek jones, who mos said this week is starter quality, Could start at S and loffler could slide down to MLB. Mo could go back ot S and jones could take his spot in the same scenario as well. I wouldnt want to mess with the DL but thomas is allways an option. I also wouldnt want to mess with the OL, though couture may create a tough decision at some point.  Swapping to 2 starting NI wrs would be a loss over all in talent imop. 

There are plenty of options, and i would think most are widely known and understood. If we could get trade value for a DT to elevate thomas to a starter that would probably be ideal. Namely for an  imp LBer worth starting

Although Loffler would be an upgrade at MLB over Hurl (so would yer gramma), I do not think he has the physique to play the position. Moreover, his durability is still to be determined. He is a heckuva safety, maybe even an all-star, and we need him there.

24 minutes ago, tracker said:

Although Loffler would be an upgrade at MLB over Hurl (so would yer gramma), I do not think he has the physique to play the position. Moreover, his durability is still to be determined. He is a heckuva safety, maybe even an all-star, and we need him there.

Physique? its not a body building contest :lol: He has the size and physicality to excel at mlb with ease. His durability has to be determined? How many games has he missed? Ya ya college injuries. College is college pro is pro. 

Maybe an all star? he was  an allstar at S. Also he plays in the box soo much the difference between him at mlb and S is wed have some one better able to get back deep. 

1 hour ago, Tehedra said:

Bear Woods hasn't impressed since he went to montreal

In mtl he was 2014 and 2016 DPOTY in the east.  40 games 232 tackles 15 sacks. If you meant in TO, hes done the same in to as he did in mtl. Hes a scrape to the ball tackle/funnel all guy. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Never forget that 95% of posters here have no idea what the **** they're talking about. It's not worth the effort correcting then over and over again

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

1 hour ago, yogi said:

Never forget that 95% of posters here have no idea what the **** they're talking about. It's not worth the effort correcting then over and over again

There are certainly other options but I guess the coaches feel there would be even more drop off than there is at MLB. 

One alternative would be Thomas / Corney platooning at DT, which is already happening but not every snap, that's essentially the 8th national. But if they feel Hurl at MLB is a better option, then so be it.

It's certainly a great thing that they can start 3 dominant Americans on the OL. I, for one, am glad that position is finally not being sacrificed. 

In fact, I remember people saying the same things about the ratio when the OL was struggling last year and the year before. They found a way to insert Bond and the rest is history. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Physique? its not a body building contest :lol: He has the size and physicality to excel at mlb with ease. His durability has to be determined? How many games has he missed? Ya ya college injuries. College is college pro is pro. 

Maybe an all star? he was  an allstar at S. Also he plays in the box soo much the difference between him at mlb and S is wed have some one better able to get back deep. 

In mtl he was 2014 and 2016 DPOTY in the east.  40 games 232 tackles 15 sacks. If you meant in TO, hes done the same in to as he did in mtl. Hes a scrape to the ball tackle/funnel all guy. 

The best, most durable MLB's tend to be built like refrigerators with arms- six feet or so and 220 pounds. Loffler is taller than that.  He's built like Leo Ezerins who was a pretty good linebacker but an outside one.

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

If we dont have money for a guy like bear woods, at our biggest position of needs Im not holding my breath on us opening the vault short of starting calibre NI. 

Your assuming the Bombers is dying to get Bear Woods at any cost but that's not the case. They like him at the right price. 

13 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Your assuming the Bombers is dying to get Bear Woods at any cost but that's not the case. They like him at the right price. 

This is one reason why CFL is interesting to me.  You have big restrictions with the ratio and the cap. Its not like you can just get the best guy available. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Seems likely seeing as how they have a bunch of former Als players there. .

Hurl seems to be a whipping boy on here but hes been pretty solid... Id actually say Knox has been the bigger issue. 

Yeah I would agree on Knox. LB recruiting needs an overhaul this offseason.

Santos-Knox has done a nice job on teams, maybe he is worth a look in more of an expanded role on D and let Kyle Knox play predominantly on teams again. How much of a drop off could it be?

38 minutes ago, peggars said:

Screw it just blow the cap, even by more than $100,000 and lose our first pick next year.  I dont care, its been 27 years.  Its time to go all in.   Hoping to sign a big NFL cut or two in the next couple weeks.   

If you're going to blow the cap, the trick is to do it by say $95,000 so you keep your picks.

The trouble with adding cuts from the NFL (especially ones that weren't yours originally) is that you don't know how they're going to perform with your current crew. You risk ruining the existing chemistry. Everyone wants to get more talented at all positions, but you really have to do your due diligence. Not every once-great player is going to turn out as well as Derrick Armstrong or Juran Bolden did...

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎22 at 1:06 PM, Mike said:

I'm sure they'll be interested. I can't see him wanting a two year deal. It'd make sense for him to want to sign a deal for the balance of this year, go attend tryouts again in the off-season and then if that doesn't pan out, open himself up to a big money deal in free agency when every team can make a play for him.

If that's the route he goes, only playoff teams make sense.

I think it all depends on how deep into camp he goes. If he's on the first bus out of town he might try to cash in on the CFL. If he's a late cut he may just want to sign for the remainder of the year.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

We could have completely changed around our roster and moved players from positions they've excelled at! Lol

Dressler's fast, so to make room for Wallker we'll slide Dressler to running back, and Harris is solid thick with quick feet, great attributes for a tackle, so he can move to Bryant's spot, and big ole Stanley can bust holes in the line for Dressler as lead blocker when he becomes our fullback.  You can't stop Stanley!  He's too big!  It's science!

2 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Dressler's fast, so to make room for Wallker we'll slide Dressler to running back, and Harris is solid thick with quick feet, great attributes for a tackle, so he can move to Bryant's spot, and big ole Stanley can bust holes in the line for Dressler as lead blocker when he becomes our fullback.  You can't stop Stanley!  He's too big!  It's science!

Chris? Chris Jones? Is that you?