Derel Walker

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The trouble with adding cuts from the NFL (especially ones that weren't yours originally) is that you don't know how they're going to perform with your current crew. You risk ruining the existing chemistry. Everyone wants to get more talented at all positions, but you really have to do your due diligence. Not every once-great player is going to turn out as well as Derrick Armstrong or Juran Bolden did...

I agree with this completely. Matt Nichols and co. have benn dynamite for us because we spread the ball around and make good decisions.

Reilly and the Esks crew have a completely different dynamic. Reilly chucks up the ball and depends on receivers to be ridiculous. If Nichols starts playing that game, I think we see the difference between our 7-0 run last year and our 3-3 finish.

19 hours ago, tracker said:

The best, most durable MLB's tend to be built like refrigerators with arms- six feet or so and 220 pounds. Loffler is taller than that.  He's built like Leo Ezerins who was a pretty good linebacker but an outside one.

What you are referring to is the Lbers who stick here because they are too small to cut it down south. But that is also a diying or dead construct. The days of thumpers who close gaps and do little else are nearly gone. The guys who fill those roles with out the ability to get back are generally rotational around the league. The guys who have an impact at mlber today in the cfl, the every down guys are guys who can cover a lot of field in the middle. They play more mid field then traditional mlber. 

Height isnt an impact on durability. 

8 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

We could have completely changed around our roster and moved players from positions they've excelled at! Lol

Or we could have made one of the many listed moves. Like ni starting dt. 

18 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Your assuming the Bombers is dying to get Bear Woods at any cost but that's not the case. They like him at the right price. 

:angry: That hurt to read. I was going off the interview walters did pregame and was (and probably still is) hosted on bb.com with ed tait/bob.  Walters was pretty transparent in the off season and pre season as to the cap room and importance on maintaining enough flexibility to bring bodies in at positions weakened due to injuries. Which was the point in the first place. If we arent gonna lose that flexibility and cut some one / people to fill our biggest hole on the roster, we arent going to do it for one of our strongest positions. 

19 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How about since he went to Toronto?

Uh, why? How is that even an option worth entertaining?

Hes been the same in TO as he was in montreal. 

It was one of many listed options, why? to have a cover saftey. Which loffler isnt. To allow him to roam and do what he does best. And to give our dbs better deep cover help. 

25 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

What you are referring to is the Lbers who stick here because they are too small to cut it down south. But that is also a dying or dead construct. The days of thumpers who close gaps and do little else are nearly gone. The guys who fill those roles with out the ability to get back are generally rotational around the league. The guys who have an impact at mlber today in the cfl, the every down guys are guys who can cover a lot of field in the middle. They play more mid field then traditional mlber. 

Height isn't an impact on durability.

The problem with your analysis is that defending against the run up the middle has been one of our consistent problems.  A stocky run-stopper in the middle would be a Good Thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Booch said:

good chance he probably only was looking to go back to Edm anyway unless someone dumped stupid money in front of him

yeah I made mention on RF I thought originally maybe his loyalty laid with Hervey but i remember him being in attendance at one of the Eskimos games (I think possibly their home opener) that should have been pretty telling then. Alas would have been nice to grab him. Apparently he's only signed for the remainder of the year to keep his NFL options open so it would have been a short term stay here anyways