The Morning After...With Coffee

Mr Dee

IMG_0653.jpg...

?‍?Clarence Denmark must have heard all the talk of dropping him from the lineup when Dressler gets back....2 TDs

?‍?It's nice to have and hold the lead all game.

?‍?Adams - pure money

?‍?The Bede bounce...

?‍?Still hate those TD calls when the receiver/runner fumbles the ball without possession

?‍?First time, in a long time, where we win the game after an opposition player accomplishes a record setting feat...feels good

?‍?Remember when we did just enough to lose a game?

?‍?Does the fact Bombers are wearing home uniforms count as a home win?

?‍?And the groan from Saskatchewan gets even louder.

?‍?Bombers are keeping their offensive scoring average up there...33 points average over what...the last 7 games?

Derek Taylor - Speaking on LaPo's sense of humour...2:08 left in the 4th, Neufeld waggles to the line as the Field #2 rec. Minimum 3rd time this season!

- Final count from the Eskimos/Bombers game...Edmonton missed a CFL season high 19 tackles! Previous high was 13.

?‍?That Nichols guy sure gets the job done..

?‍?Special package delivery for the Montreal Alouettes. - Andrew Harris 17 touches - 106 yards..

?‍?The taste of revenge tingled the lips of the Alouettes players until Randle wiped it away

?‍?Leggett, he de man

?‍?Can say that that was probably Knox's best game.

?‍?A thank you note has been sent to Durant on behalf of Chris Randle for throwing to his side.

?‍?Can't win any coin tosses, but we won the time of possession..

Winnipeg Gordo - Wade Miller sighting at the GnR concert. He said this is the 1st #Bombers away game he hasn't gone to in 4 years.

Blue And Gold CFL- Lankford can fly when he's in open space #Bombers

- When I talked to Adams on my flight back to Winnipeg (he was sitting beside me), he said Mincy was the most underrated DB in the CFL

Ted Wyman - How big is that hustling special teams tackle by Ryan Lankford to catch Stef Logan on the kickoff return now? #Bombers

?‍?We shouldn't have let Montreal back in the game before the half...

?‍?Must be super frustrating for Nic Lewis to set a new record...and still lose the game

?‍?Trick play on the Bonbers? Nuh-huh Christophe Normand with the stop

Patric Scott - Wow I called that interception right before it happened! I SEE YOU @ChrisRandle_Ad

?‍?But really, did it have to be such a Nic Lewis call out all game?

?‍?Run Matt, Run, -  2nd leading Bomber rusher

Blue Bomber Talk - That punt from Ryan Lankford may have been the best of the game. That's saying something, considering he's a receiver. #Bombers #AlsMTL #CFL

Medlock is 95% career from 30-39

?‍?BOMBERS = ENTERTAINMENT 

?‍?3's the number for game winning FGs for Mr. Medlock

Blue And a Gold CFL - Ryan Lankford's punt travelled 60+ yards in the air #Bombers

Matthias Goosen - Another gritty win #fortheW! Love battling with my brothers!!!

Paddy Neufeld - Huge win, I love this team, every single part of it! #forthew #bombers

?‍?What an effort by Denmark for the 1st overtime TD. Make the catch, flip over, stretch, and get the TD. The throw was bang on. Same for the throw and catch by Adams. Right where it had to be. 1st 2 point conversion this year 

IMG_0657.jpg

?‍?Oh, by the way Hail Mary interceptions don't count..

Chris Randle - “The resiliency of this team, the mindset of this team … at no point in time on that sideline did we think we were going to lose the game,” said Randle, whose team is 4-1 on the road this season and 11-3 over the last two seasons. “That comes from the head coach and the leaders and all the players who were focused and determined to win this game no matter how we had to win it.”

?‍?The West Division is now 18-2-1 against the East

?‍?Risky play or not, on the Bombers kicking the ball from their own zone? I think the 1st kick was warranted, but the second kick was playing with fire ? 

?‍?Although it sure was irritating to have technical difficulties resulting in no coverage, it was sure nice to hear the Bombers had scored in the meantime..

?‍?One word response from Ian Wild....."Whew!"

?‍?Many feel that the recognition for Lewis should have waited for another day instead of at the end of the game with everybody leaving. I agree.

Darrin Bauming - There's a vibe inside that room — it's a real thing — the guys know they can win every week. The O'Shea mentality has sunk in. #Bombers

- A five-game win streak, and the #Bombers have not trailed in a game in their last four contests. Some days off now before prep for LDC-Banjo

?‍?Worth mentioning again....RANDLE!

?‍?Bombers' 'hands' team showed up again. Is it because we always play shorter teams?

?‍?I know it was a Guns and Roses concert last night but Aerosmith's "Living on the Edge" seems more appropriate for the Bombers..

June Jones - "I think winning is way more than just what you do on the field. I think it starts in the locker room." - @CoachJuneJones...?‍?Seems very appropriate in relation to the Bombers.

?‍?Tell me. How can the CFL expect to match the entertainment value of Bomber games this year?

TJ Heath - Who said they would all be easy. That's a fairy tale. It's hard winning. 7-2

?‍?Your move Saskatchewan...

I wonder what the media & fans in this country think about the way the game was presented on TSN with nothing else but the countdown to Lewis's record breaking catch as well as the way Rod Black went about it? I think he spoiled it for Nik & I wonder if fans watching, even non Winnipeg fans,  were getting sick of the whole thing by the end of the game? It's too bad as I think Lewis deserved someone better than Black's unprofessional call of the game last night. When records are about to be broken they really should let Chris Cuthbert do games like this. Can we start a petition for (at best) calling for the permanent removal of Rod Black from TSN football & (at the very least) to do less Bomber games? 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder what the media & fans in this country think about the way the game was presented on TSN with nothing else but the countdown to Lewis's record breaking catch as well as the way Rod Black went about it? I think he spoiled it for Nik & I wonder if fans watching, even non Winnipeg fans,  were getting sick of the whole thing by the end of the game? It's too bad as I think Lewis deserved someone better than Black's unprofessional call of the game last night. When records are about to be broken they really should let Chris Cuthbert do games like this. Can we start a petition for (at best) calling for the permanent removal of Rod Black from TSN football & (at the very least) to do less Bomber games? 

I actually tried to keep track of the # of times they mentioned the record. I got to 33 times!!!!! I may have even missed a few! I get it's a big night and a big record to accomplish and I have no idea why Rod Black gets to call all of these games. But they didn't need to mention it after every catch. And the thing after was akward and disappointing. You could hear the echos in the place. Wait until the next home game and make it a huge thing. When Milt broke the record they stopped the game for like 45min. They could also have waited until the next game for that.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

isnt rod black from wpg?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He obviously wants to do Bomber games.  I think the crews get to pick & choose the games (teams) they want. 

So is it going to be Suits and Blackie doing the LDC this year?  The two of them might cancel each other out in the booth in terms of homerism.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 25/08/2017 at 1:50 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll sign that petition.

On 27/08/2017 at 11:24 AM, Rich said:

The weirdest thing is when you hear him as a guest being interviewed on 1290 he sounds totally normal is actually a pretty good interview. 

It is like he has built up this play by play persona that he just can't get out of now. 

Rich, there is something wrong with him ...

On 8/27/2017 at 10:24 AM, Rich said:

The weirdest thing is when you hear him as a guest being interviewed on 1290 he sounds totally normal is actually a pretty good interview. 

It is like he has built up this play by play persona that he just can't get out of now. 

I agree... he sounds like a totally different guy on 1290.