Wasp Shortened Practice

Thorpe running with second team.

Coates in. no sign of D'Costa Rican (or Palliser)

C. Johnson  off to the side with Focketi. Didn't see him scrimmage at all, but may have missed it, or with second team.

Dressler looks as crisp as an autumn day. Arms fully extended and pulling in darts. Nil evidence of any loss of step.

Loffler sitting out much of practice. He did manage to make it into scrimmage long enough to jump a route on Denmark.

Hardrick wearing one of those wide brimmed Tilley hat things chasing Loffler around the field was a sight. He looked like a very large, but insane beekeeper.

Beautiful INT. by Fogg. Very similar to Randle's OT snag against Mont.

Dbs. flying around.

Westerman, Okpalaugo, and Jeffcoat working the crowd.

This team is LOOSE.

An aside: #82 (?) gained some reps with second squad as did #80 Wolitarsky. 

They were also periodically pumping in the  crowd noise.... Loud, unrelenting, but with no substance or purpose other than to be distracting.....A perfect simulation for all things Priders. 

Wasn't able to stay for the whole practice as the wasps were wicked in the stands. I finally got nailed at the 45 min mark.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

6 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Thorpe running with second team.

Coates in. no sign of D'Costa Rican (or Palliser)

C. Johnson  off to the side with Focketi. Didn't see him scrimmage at all, but may have missed it, or with second team.

Dressler looks as crisp as an autumn day. Arms fully extended and pulling in darts. Nil evidence of any loss of step.

Loffler sitting out much of practice. He did manage to make it into scrimmage long enough to jump a route on Denmark.

Hardrick wearing one of those wide brimmed Tilley hat things chasing Loffler around the field was a sight. He looked like a very large, but insane beekeeper.

Beautiful INT. by Fogg. Very similar to Randle's OT snag against Mont.

Dbs. flying around.

Westerman, Okpalaugo, and Jeffcoat working the crowd.

This team is LOOSE.

An aside: #82 (?) gained some reps with second squad as did #80 Wolitarsky. 

They were also periodically pumping in the  crowd noise.... Loud, unrelenting, but with no substance or purpose other than to be distracting.....A perfect simulation for all things Priders. 

Wasn't able to stay for the whole practice as the wasps were wicked in the stands. I finally got nailed at the 45 min mark.

I thought this was a closed practice? 

In retrospect I guess it's pretty hard to keep a ghost out.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I thought this was a closed practice? 

In retrospect I guess it's pretty hard to keep a ghost out.

Was definitely not closed -- Darren Cameron tweeted this morning inviting fans out...

7 hours ago, shadybob said:

Blaszko was released today I thought, not sure what # he wore

I'm going to miss Blaszko!  Did I ever tell you  guys about the time I went horseback riding with Blaszko, but there weren’t any horses around? Well, Blaszko throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn’t you know it, my stamina increases with each day and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Blaszko decides to enter me in the Breeders’ Cup, right, under the name Turkish Delight. And I’m running in second place, and I’m running and I break my ankle! They’re about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, ‘Don’t shoot him, he’s a human.'”

Did I ever tell you guys about the time Blaszko took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. Finally, Blaszko takes me into a vacant lot and says, ‘Here we are.’ Well, we sat there for a year and a half. Sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. Well, the day they opened it, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. Blaszko yelled over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found them!"