Rodblacks @ Als

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Montreal looks as bad as they did last year with Rakeem Cato as they do this year with Darian Durant. Nothing has changed. No wonder attendance is where it is in Montreal. 

Durant has never been that good AFAIC. 

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Like I said, I believe Kavis Reed owns most of this mess.  Chap is probably in a bit over his head as well, but I gotta put what the Als are doing mostly on Reed, esp after he sent Vernon Adams who surely could do better than this out.

I wonder if there are going to be consequences in Montreal ...

Whether they admit it or not... Montreal is in a rebuild.... but trading away Vernon Adams seems like the dumbest thing they could do... who are they developing to take over from Durant next year or the year after?

Also... Montreal's rushing stats from last night:

Durant: 1 rush, 19 yards (sounds like a scramble {scrambled ham and eggs maybe :D} where he saw some open space)
Willy: 2 rushes, 18 yards
Sutton: 6 rushes, 4 yards
Logan: 1 rush for 2 yards

assuming the three QB rushes are scrambles... they called 7 rush plays for a grand total of 6 yards gained...

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

They beat us right us in Regina too.  

I had a roommate from Lafleche/Woodrow at that time, and he is DIE HARD....real rabid, had tix during the Al Ford years kinda diehard......and another one of our buddies is born and raised Hamilton (tho is a famous TV personality from Yorkton/Regina...) and even had a family member that was a TiCat back in the 40s......so anyhow, it was a GONG SHOW between the two of them that night as we watched the game at a quasi-house party. I'll never forget it....a wild night.

15 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Clearly Montreal will feel the consequences of this hiring.

bahaha.  god that was funny.. and they surely are at this point.

15 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Ottawa making it look easy. 

like ridiculously easy..  can't believe we were tooth and nail with this team.. BUT their o-line wasn't nearly as depleted.

15 hours ago, Rich said:

Drew Willy going into the game 

and thats the end of the game for em..

Now that was a game that  was as anti-entertaining and a polar opposite to games involving the Bombers. Some aspects of Montreal's O-Line showing reminded me of our O-line woes not so very long ago. Both QBs had no time to rotate the ball before being pressured. Willy must have felt right at home. 

Durant is showing that he better have a good line or else he is hugely ineffective. Mind you, it would help if his receivers actually caught the frigging ball. Hello there Sam Giguere!

Montreal also proved that if you get 5 penalties on one drive alone...you're not going to do well. Very undisciplined play from the boys.

That Montreal offence was chunky bad. You know you're in trouble when the bottom line shows the 2 leading rushers were the QBs for a total of 33 yards. And Ernest Jackson, only 2 receptions? He's probably saying"get me outta here"

And the faux pas of the week - the play that never was, or, the unseen challenge. So, a play gets run off, and is unsuccessful, but they then see the flag was thrown and the C'mon Centre rules he threw the flag in time, and they rule its still 2nd down...the previous play gets lost in a time warp. A do over...as in pick up games. There's so many things that could have occurred during that  absentee play..a TD, a pic, another Coach hired by Hamilton, anything. But, it never happened. I never saw it. I swear.