Mike made a good comment in one of the topics and I thought it was worth while to mention it here.  We are often down and hard on how other teams (Riderfans.com) fans behave and how they treat everyone poorly but it seems that we have been getting to be very similar in a way with the new fans coming to the forum to discuss football.  I honestly understand that yes this is the internet and one needs a thick skin, but I do believe we as a group need to be better at not assuming every Rider, Lions, Hamilton fan is a troll.  I mean I find that there is more trolling going on in this forum by our own fans than the other fans (minus Mosaic).  We also should stop assuming every newbie fan who may not be super knowledgeable is Migs.  We were all very new once, I still consider myself the newbie to be honest.  But the forum would definitely be more engaging and fun if we can have more topics talking about football with many different perspectives; even if not all those perspectives are viewed through our blue tinted glasses.

Cheers,

[Insert Katie Burgess Post Here] 

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

And which post of Mikes are you referring to? 

The one which I agree with, which is that if we treat their fans the same way they treat us on their forums it makes us no better than they are.  I mean honestly, we have been ragging on scaroz or whatever his name is and Ripper quite hard and they often do add to the conversation and I believe are genuine in trying to not be trolls.  I'm sure other knowledgeable posters would start also coming here and joining in on the conversation if we were a more welcoming group.  I mean some will have to just deal with it because I mean look at how we treat each other haha; but still I know that the discussion board is always more interesting when there are more topics being discussed and its not just reading a bunch of nonsense with a bunch of name calling or trolling going back and fourth ^_^

Rider fans have no self awareness. They need to stop and think for a second why they as a group are universally reviled around the CFL. They act like they really are the greatest thing going and that everyone loves their team and them! 

Not the case so they can all **** off with their green tinted glasses. Even the "good" ones are insufferable. I'll happily talk football with fans from any other team, but Rider fans are the worst. Worst thing about the CFL AINEC. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I'd like to see the post your speaking of.  Paraphrasing doesn't help me.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Personally I wish that the nice Rider fans were treated with a little more respect, because it makes it tough to roll my eyes at the people at RF who do it to me when everyone here is doing it to.

i'm all for rivalry and pointing out when Rider fans are being douchy, but at the same time ... some aren't so bad.

looking forward to leaving to go watch the game Saturday! 

Lionguy is generally solid, that dude from the TiCats that hangs around isn't so bad........all Riders fans can get ****** as far as I'm concerned. I know a LOT of people who claim to be Riders fans, and maybe a handful know anything about football. **** 'em all....

And it's all TSNs fault. They praised the fans who actually did stick around through the shitty years and suddenly because it became cool to be a rider fan everyone decided that they were one of the best fans EVER!!!11!!one!!!1!

**** em all and an 80-0 Bomber win this weekend is better than what they deserve to witness. 

Many opposing fans are welcomed. Atlantic Rider fan is a good respected fellow. Lying guy is a hoot! Zontar is fine, And I feel very bad for his team. Bluto fantastic. 

Thehedra, kindly be specific. 

Edited by Rod Black

I think in general, we are pretty solid towards rival fans when they come around..  we wait until they say something ignorant or trollish before beginning the beat downs..

oddly enough, its really only the rider fans that get out of line and cause all the strife.  We have argo fans, ticat fans, leo fans, shmoe fans and im sure als and redblack fans as well around here.. and yet... they never seem to get into battles with any of the bomber faithful..

**oh and one stamps fan in denial ;) *

Edited by SPuDS
forgot one.

Anybody from another team gets my initial acceptance depending on the tone of their posts. Usually, things go smoothly as long as they don't mention breakfast items when talking about our QB. 

I still say, if you want respect..earn it, sparring is fine, if you know how.

As far as szaroz71 is concerned, if that's his family name, then, I would feel bad for revealing his family lineage. I'm not convinced that that is the case. I wouldn't put it past a Rider fan to gloat about putting that translation on a Bomber site.

19 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Just fyi...there is a radio ad being played here in Saskatchewan that goes something like this, "there is a foul stench in the air, the kind that makes you want to throw up in your mouth, a smell that can only mean one thing...Bomber fans!"

go Bombers

"And riderfans, they would never disparage a bomber fan. Not them. Never."

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Tehedra said:

Mike made a good comment in one of the topics and I thought it was worth while to mention it here.  We are often down and hard on how other teams (Riderfans.com) fans behave and how they treat everyone poorly but it seems that we have been getting to be very similar in a way with the new fans coming to the forum to discuss football.  I honestly understand that yes this is the internet and one needs a thick skin, but I do believe we as a group need to be better at not assuming every Rider, Lions, Hamilton fan is a troll.  I mean I find that there is more trolling going on in this forum by our own fans than the other fans (minus Mosaic).  We also should stop assuming every newbie fan who may not be super knowledgeable is Migs.  We were all very new once, I still consider myself the newbie to be honest.  But the forum would definitely be more engaging and fun if we can have more topics talking about football with many different perspectives; even if not all those perspectives are viewed through our blue tinted glasses.

Cheers,

[Insert Katie Burgess Post Here] 

t's a fair point that we as fans are quick to see the bad in other fans while not seeing it in the mirror on ourselves.  But having said that, no opposing fans should get their panties all in a bunch if they aren't handled with kid gloves, especially on a rival's forum.

I'd also differentiate between the forum and the stadium.  I'd certainly hope nobody takes trashing the rider fans to a point of dumping beer on them in the stadium or ... well losing all civility in general during the game, although i wouldn't blame someone if they started it first.  But I would say for myself, I would not specifically go that far on any opposing fan, even a rider fan unless they didn't understand etiquette themselves.

Thanks for the post Tehedra. I've always thought one way to minimize being a keyboard ninja is to use your real name, first and last.  Now and then I have a fleeting moment on suggesting we do it here.

If we all worked on the honour system and revealed our real names, I'm thinking  some of us might be a bit more careful with our words and opinions. The risk obviously is not playing by the honour system or  compromising one's privacy when it's legitimately needed or having a nut bar on the worldwide web using names to do stupid things.

Oh well, one can dream in humanity.

33 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Many opposing fans are welcomed. Atlantic Rider fan is a good respected fellow. Lying guy is a hoot! Zontar is fine, And I feel very bad for his team. Bluto fantastic. 

Thehedra, kindly be specific. 

Jesus in the time in took to post 4 times, you could just find it yourself and connect the dots.

26 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

t's a fair point that we as fans are quick to see the bad in other fans while not seeing it in the mirror on ourselves.  But having said that, no opposing fans should get their panties all in a bunch if they aren't handled with kid gloves, especially on a rival's forum.

I'd also differentiate between the forum and the stadium.  I'd certainly hope nobody takes trashing the rider fans to a point of dumping beer on them in the stadium or ... well losing all civility in general during the game, although i wouldn't blame someone if they started it first.  But I would say for myself, I would not specifically go that far on any opposing fan, even a rider fan unless they didn't understand etiquette themselves.

Totally agree. I must say, my stadium experience in Regina, other than a number of Bomber losses, has been great. I'm heading to my 12th Labour Day game, 13th overall Regina game including Canada Day this year, and I've gotten along really well with the Rider fans who have sat by me throughout the years. At Canada Day this year, the guys sitting in front of me and my friends were surprised Bomber fans were being nice to them! I think cheering loudly and proudly for one's team is to be respected as long as the respect is reciprocated. 

3 minutes ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Totally agree. I must say, my stadium experience in Regina, other than a number of Bomber losses, has been great. I'm heading to my 12th Labour Day game, 13th overall Regina game including Canada Day this year, and I've gotten along really well with the Rider fans who have sat by me throughout the years. At Canada Day this year, the guys sitting in front of me and my friends were surprised Bomber fans were being nice to them! I think cheering loudly and proudly for one's team is to be respected as long as the respect is reciprocated. 

I tried to convince the wife that we should go to the labour day weekend game for her birthday; she was like drive all the way to regina; for football? in regina... blagh 

So instead we will be in Calgary partying with friends and I'll probably not even get to see the game!!!!! I told her Banjo Bowl is booked I'll be too busy watching the game to do anything else lol

1 minute ago, Tehedra said:

I believe he was trying to troll me lol; but it wasn't working :P  First time it was shame on me every other time well... that's how it goes haha

You did wash every one that has disagreed with scarcros71 and Ripper with the brush that paints them as unwelcoming fiends. You invalidated their concerns. You did it by trying to interpret Mikes post on a brand new thread for emphasis. You have failed to produce or confirms Mikes post. 

Which of Mikes posts were you referring to!