1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Rider fans have no self awareness. They need to stop and think for a second why they as a group are universally reviled around the CFL. They act like they really are the greatest thing going and that everyone loves their team and them! 

Not the case so they can all **** off with their green tinted glasses. Even the "good" ones are insufferable. I'll happily talk football with fans from any other team, but Rider fans are the worst. Worst thing about the CFL AINEC. 

Sorry you feel that way. Seems like you've grouped every single Rider fan all together and simply passed judgement. I personally have never given you any reason to think I'm some ignorant fan who insists you love me or the Riders. I'm simply here to chat about football because the next two weeks is kind of rivalry time. If certain people in here want to blindly hate me just because I'm a Rider fan than that's ok, (sticks and stones) but in reality all you're doing is sounding exactly like the kind of person you describe Rider fans to be. I have lots of friends who are Bomber fans and we have a great time with the rivalry. What you need to understand is that there are people who cheer for other teams out of the Bomber universe, and some of us may pop on here from time to time and voice an opinion other than your, and that should be ok. If I were coming on here and trolling like a **** then by all means, light me up and kick me out of here. -_-

2 hours ago, Tehedra said:

Mike made a good comment in one of the topics and I thought it was worth while to mention it here.  We are often down and hard on how other teams (Riderfans.com) fans behave and how they treat everyone poorly but it seems that we have been getting to be very similar in a way with the new fans coming to the forum to discuss football.  I honestly understand that yes this is the internet and one needs a thick skin, but I do believe we as a group need to be better at not assuming every Rider, Lions, Hamilton fan is a troll.  I mean I find that there is more trolling going on in this forum by our own fans than the other fans (minus Mosaic).  We also should stop assuming every newbie fan who may not be super knowledgeable is Migs.  We were all very new once, I still consider myself the newbie to be honest.  But the forum would definitely be more engaging and fun if we can have more topics talking about football with many different perspectives; even if not all those perspectives are viewed through our blue tinted glasses.

Cheers,

[Insert Katie Burgess Post Here] 

quote-i-believe-it-is-peace-in-our-time-

50 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Sorry you feel that way. Seems like you've grouped every single Rider fan all together and simply passed judgement. I personally have never given you any reason to think I'm some ignorant fan who insists you love me or the Riders. I'm simply here to chat about football because the next two weeks is kind of rivalry time. If certain people in here want to blindly hate me just because I'm a Rider fan than that's ok, (sticks and stones) but in reality all you're doing is sounding exactly like the kind of person you describe Rider fans to be. I have lots of friends who are Bomber fans and we have a great time with the rivalry. What you need to understand is that there are people who cheer for other teams out of the Bomber universe, and some of us may pop on here from time to time and voice an opinion other than your, and that should be ok. If I were coming on here and trolling like a **** then by all means, light me up and kick me out of here. -_-

Condescending, insincere. Inaccurate characterization. Whining. Victim card. Mischaracterisation, then victim. Needless affiliation. Condescending again, moral apprehension. Fained understanding. 

There. Each one of your sentences is described by content. And you wonder way folks don't like what you say. 

48 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

You weren't here last Friday when a Rider fan named  Mosaic (Migs) showed up & graced us with his presence threatening to keep trolling thread after thread. he was here for about 6 hpours spewing his crap. Even if he was banned he said he'd find a way to keep coming back. He was here just to cause trouble. Then there's Ripper who pretends he's one of the "good" Rider fans yet keeps saying things like the Bombers are stepping into Hell at Mosaic Stadium & that Nichols is a"Ham & Egger". Then, when people criticize him he reacts with lame surprise exclaiming, "What did I say?" So then, why should we give you any respect? Respect is earned, not given. You have to prove that your not like every other Rider fan who posts here. The problem with your fanbase is there aren't enough good ones that just want to talk football. Ninety five per cent of Rider fans online just want to go to other teams websites & talk ****.

9 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

Lol, I can't even tell if you're serious. It doesn't matter though. You cheer for your team, I'll cheer for mine. Good luck Sunday!

You  made one post about football, it was long and a shallow attempt at football talk, the time of crap I'd expect to see on a TSN broadcast in terms of hard hitting stuff, someone called you out for that and you took a shot at them and then things got off the rails and I haven't see you say anything about football ever again. So tell me you're just here to talk football. The way you got out of sorts about the response to your lame football comments tells me that you are offended that people don't like Rider fans, so please feel free to wander back to Rider fans and enjoy the circle jerk you boys have going on over there. 

Or you know maybe try actually talking football and don't start bitching and whining when you start taking shots. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You weren't here last Friday when a Rider fan named  Mosaic (Migs) showed up & graced us with his presence threatening to keep trolling thread after thread. he was here for about 6 hpours spewing his crap. Even if he was banned he said he'd find a way to keep coming back. He was here just to cause trouble. Then there's Ripper who pretends he's one of the "good" Rider fans yet keeps saying things like the Bombers are stepping into Hell at Mosaic Stadium & that Nichols is a"Ham & Egger". Then, when people criticize him he reacts with lame surprise exclaiming, "What did I say?" So then, why should we give you any respect? Respect is earned, not given. You have to prove that your not like every other Rider fan who posts here. The problem with your fanbase is there aren't enough good ones that just want to talk football. Ninety five per cent of Rider fans online just want to go to other teams websites & talk ****.

That's a great reply! 

Edited by Rod Black

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The problem with your fanbase is there aren't enough good ones that just want to talk football. Ninety five per cent of Rider fans online just want to go to other teams websites & talk ****.

it all goes back to their lack of self awareness. They aren't trying to troll, they just actually believe the nonsense they spew. It's because so many of them jumped on the bandwagon they lack the proper appreciation for the CFL as a whole and are so rider focussed in their thinking they can't see that the league is far bigger than their insignificant province. 

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

it all goes back to their lack of self awareness. They aren't trying to troll, they just actually believe the nonsense they spew. It's because so many of them jumped on the bandwagon they lack the proper appreciation for the CFL as a whole and are so rider focussed in their thinking they can't see that the league is far bigger than their insignificant province. 

They've been this way since the days of Roy Shivers & Danny Barrett. No other fanbase behaves the way that they do. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They've been this way since the days of Roy Shivers & Danny Barrett. No other fanbase behaves the way that they do. 

Yeah they all piled on the bandwagon around 2003 when the team finally did anything. TSN was hanging off their nuts and suddenly it was cool to be a rider fan. Going to Brandon University at the time and there were of course a lot of people from Saskatchewan went there, I never heard anything about football and there was only one guy used to walk around in a rider jersey (a nealon greene one at that!) but suddenly like a switch was flipped everyone was a rider fan and obnoxious about it. Moving to Calgary didn't make it any better cause there's even more of the ******* out here. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah they all piled on the bandwagon around 2003 when the team finally did anything. TSN was hanging off their nuts and suddenly it was cool to be a rider fan. Going to Brandon University at the time and there were of course a lot of people from Saskatchewan went there, I never heard anything about football and there was only one guy used to walk around in a rider jersey (a nealon greene one at that!) but suddenly like a switch was flipped everyone was a rider fan and obnoxious about it. Moving to Calgary didn't make it any better cause there's even more of the ******* out here. 

Which confirms your observations. 

Edited by Rod Black

There are about one hundred thousand people in Sask that are Rider fans. maybe more. Maybe there are five hundred, or a thousand at most, people who post at the rider fan forum.

possibly three or four that post here.

and yet here on this site, people make comments about "Rider fans"  and "fanbase" as if they are all exactly the same. and all hold the same views. and are all stupid.

Not bloody likely. In fact, it's preposterous.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Jesus in the time in took to post 4 times, you could just find it yourself and connect the dots.

If the poster was claiming Mikes authority to post, they need to show it. 

There is no "Mikes post" that says what was inferred by the threads original poster. 

Edited by Rod Black

59 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Too many Rider fans out here. 

54 minutes ago, Mark F said:

There are about one hundred thousand people in Sask that are Rider fans. maybe more. Maybe there are five hundred, or a thousand at most, people who post at the rider fan forum.

and yet here on this site, people make comments about "Rider fans"  and "fanbase" as if they are all exactly the same. and all hold the same views. and are all stupid.

No Mark. It's not presposterous. 

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I kid you not I had a discussion once upon a time with an otherwise pretty reasonable dude, but he was a rider fan and his entire premise was Nealon Greene is just as good as Khari Jones. 

I mean don't say that to me when I'm sober let alone into case #2 of the night. 

Don't forget that Szarka was as good or better than Sellers.. That was one of his frequent talking points, too.... 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

And you haven't seen any posts referencing "you Bomber fans" this and that by them.... in our house?  You quote mystery numbers of their fans, well what % of ours happen to post here? It goes both ways, don't spill paint on everyone. 

I mean I went back and re-read the Rider related threads before posting this & really don't get what the hubbub is all about. Seems like some weird victim game being played by some. Some back and forths yeah, anything egregious? Come on, man. 

I for one respect the level of moderation at this place - far from overboard, but I've never thought any of them are afraid to step in when things go off the rails. I mean Mike's comment was the most liked one in that thread - so clearly many here are down with the good luck's and well wishes and safe travels - which is awesome!! Some too, aren't afraid to respond when they think there's some silly talk about their team. I think that's pretty great too! Geez we've ripped each other apart worse than the green clad fellas got this week.

I'd like to think I'm pretty welcoming to non Bombers / Jets fans in our buildings. I'd also like to think those instances mean a bit more than a fun Internet forum.... which has been making fun of itself since the beginning anyway! :P

Where's the ol Bryant Turner talk when you need it! ;) 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Then there's Ripper who pretends he's one of the "good" Rider fans yet keeps saying things like the Bombers are stepping into Hell at Mosaic Stadium & that Nichols is a"Ham & Egger". Then, when people criticize him he reacts with lame surprise exclaiming, "What did I say?" So then, why should we give you any respect? Respect is earned, not given. You have to prove that your not like every other Rider fan who posts here. The problem with your fanbase is there aren't enough good ones that just want to talk football. Ninety five per cent of Rider fans online just want to go to other teams websites & talk ****.

I think he is a ham and egger. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Why does it bother you so much? If I am some random internet idiot, why would you care. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

The site before it crashed had 10 000 members.  Many fans of other teams posting there on a regular basis, including lots from here who still post there now and add lots of good information to the discussions, including the owner of this site. Outsiders add a lot to the discussion. 

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I think he is a ham and egger. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Why does it bother you so much? If I am some random internet idiot, why would you care. 

Why? You're a troll. As well as an idiot. Like I said, you say stupid things & then fake surprise claiming you have no idea why anyone challenges you. That's what a troll does. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27