I have no problem with fans from other teams coming here to discuss football. Zontar is here & he never causes any trouble. He's a knowledgeable fan who never mixes it up with us because there's never any need for him  to do so. But Rider fans? That's all most of  them do. One of the few Rider fans who tries to be respectful here is Atlantic Rider Fan. Doesn't post much here anymore but he's alright.

So a Rider homer thinks that Nichols, who is leading the league in QB QUAR, top 3 in almost every other meaningful stat, routinely puts the team on his back in the 4th quarter to pull out late victories, and is like what? 17-5 since taking over starting duties, is a ham n egger? Seriously? Then what the hell do you think of your own QB? How about a heartless, gutless, can never win the big game, cold weather folding, no other option, last resort QB, retread, ho-hum its just a game, career losing record, hasbeen? Sounds about right. If Nichols was your QB you'd be ghostwriting his HOF induction speech while admiring you and your cousins wedding photos in your matching Nichols jerseys.

13 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

So a Rider homer thinks that Nichols, who is leading the league in QB QUAR, top 3 in almost every other meaningful stat, routinely puts the team on his back in the 4th quarter to pull out late victories, and is like what? 17-5 since taking over starting duties, is a ham n egger? Seriously? Then what the hell do you think of your own QB? How about a heartless, gutless, can never win the big game, cold weather folding, no other option, last resort QB, retread, ho-hum its just a game, career losing record, hasbeen? Sounds about right. If Nichols was your QB you'd be ghostwriting his HOF induction speech while admiring you and your cousins wedding photos in your matching Nichols jerseys.

Nice deflection.  I have never once ever said that Glenn was a elite qb.  He is playing well this year and I hope we can win with him at the helm.  I deleted the rest of my post..

9 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

And you haven't seen any posts referencing "you Bomber fans" this and that by them.... in our house?  Y

All I am trying to say is that there are about five or ten riderfans that post here;

I think it's inaccurate to say that they reflect all, or the majority of  rider fans.

just as most of the people that are bomber fans that post here, don't really reflect the average Bomber fan.

other than that, I agree with you. The moderation here is good, and the comments do not get out of hand at all.

Edited by Mark F

12 hours ago, Rod Black said:

If the poster was claiming Mike's authority to post, they need to show it. 

There is no "Mike's post" that says what was inferred by the threads original poster. 

Haha, you're still on this? :lol: .... BTW, possessive requires an apostrophe... c'mon, it's basic grade school grammar!

10 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

So a Rider homer thinks that Nichols, who is leading the league in QB QUAR, top 3 in almost every other meaningful stat, routinely puts the team on his back in the 4th quarter to pull out late victories, and is like what? 17-5 since taking over starting duties, is a ham n egger? Seriously? 

I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about this... it's his opinion... it's a stupid opinion, but he has every right to have it ;)

He saw how "ham and egger" Nichols was on Canada Day... and he'll see it again this weekend...

14 hours ago, Mark F said:

There are about one hundred thousand people in Sask that are Rider fans. maybe more. Maybe there are five hundred, or a thousand at most, people who post at the rider fan forum.

possibly three or four that post here.

and yet here on this site, people make comments about "Rider fans"  and "fanbase" as if they are all exactly the same. and all hold the same views. and are all stupid.

Not bloody likely. In fact, it's preposterous.

I dunno about you,  but I have always felt I represented the bomber fan base to a T.... Smart, articulate, fashionably sound in blue in gold, drunk AF and a sucker for punishment

49 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Bear pants, I was responding to Atomic with that post. And there is still no post that the OP claims justifies a sermon.

I'm not sure what you think you are entitled to here or how the OP is a sermon.   This is message board, he posted an opinion that you weren't even singled out in.  No one needs to justify why they would make a post like that.  If you would have taken half the time it took you to post all these demands that people do your work for you to look up a  post and just looked it up yourself, you would have found it by now.

Posters who prove themselves to be trolls will always be banned, regardless of who they are and where they come from.  

I have always appreciated the perspective that other fan bases bring to a site like this, and would hope we could attract more to expand the community.

And I get the Riders are a Bomber rivalry and there is always going to be a back and forth between the two fan bases that is to be expected, but I'm with Mike on this one.   The behaviour of some posters here is down right embarrassing,  The exact same kind of crap that I see at Rider Fans and shake my head at.  

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm not sure what you think you are entitled to here or how the OP is a sermon.   This is message board, he posted an opinion that you weren't even singled out in.  No one needs to justify why they would make a post like that.  If you would have taken half the time it took you to post all these demands that people do your work for you to look up a  post and just looked it up yourself, you would have found it by now.

Posters who prove themselves to be trolls will always be banned, regardless of who they are and where they come from.  

I have always appreciated the perspective that other fan bases bring to a site like this, and would hope we could attract more to expand the community.

And I get the Riders are a Bomber rivalry and there is always going to be a back and forth between the two fan bases that is to be expected, but I'm with Mike on this one.   The behaviour of some posters here is down right embarrassing,  The exact same kind of crap that I see at Rider Fans and shake my head at.  

There is no entitlement in my mind Mike. What's missing is the post that somehow justified a painting of those that oppose two specific Rider Fans as applying to all fans from other teams. Why not say you or whoever are out of line in a x reason as per the TOS? Had I chosen to grab a post that I assume the OP was referring to, shame on me for not using fact because if it's not the correct one and that is not prudent to advancing a view.

i made a reply to Atomic that clarified my questions. 

Trolls are referenced in the terms of service, and as that is your decision to ban or not,  it follows that you know what the rules are. The TOS defines a troll as someone looking for an arguement. The OP referred to me as a troll, but failed to admit accountability for the assertion. 

The bahaviour of some posters that is down right embarrassing to you is yours to control. You have the authority to use it. 

Comparing elements from the Rider site is used as an example. But there are posters here that challenge rivals and without the challenges, the discussion, the abuse to bomber fans would be greater than it is. 

Ok, so I'm not entitled to ask someone to justify their assertions. I acknowledge the warning. i apologize to Thehedra as well. 

14 hours ago, Ripper said:

I think he is a ham and egger. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. Why does it bother you so much? If I am some random internet idiot, why would you care. 

because it is so unbelievably incorrect and so much be a direct attempt at trolling??

I mean come on already, admit you said something wrong.  How is one of the top QBs in the league a "ham and egger"?   is Justin Medlock a Ham and Egger kicker?  SJ Green a Ham and Egger receiever?

you dont want people to razz you, don't talk out of your ass..

18 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

There is no entitlement in my mind Mike

First, I'm not Mike.  I'm Rich.

Why not say you or whoever are out of line in a x reason as per the TOS? Had I chosen to grab a post that I assume the OP was referring to, shame on me for not using fact because if it's not the correct one and that is not prudent to advancing a view.

I never said anyone was breaking any rules.  There have been people getting close to the line, but we typically give leeway especially in situations like this.

The TOS defines a troll as someone looking for an arguement.

This is not true.

The OP referred to me as a troll, but failed to admit accountability for the assertion.

Unless these is a post I am not aware of in which case I apologise, I've never seen the OP specifically target you as a troll.

The bahaviour of some posters that is down right embarrassing to you is yours to control. You have the authority to use it.

I'm not going to enforce my opinions or beliefs by moderating posts to conform to those.  When I moderate, I do so in what I believe is best for the site.  When discussions get derailed or off topic or insulting, is usually when we step in.   I won't moderate something for the simple reason that I disagree with it. 

Ok, so I'm not entitled to ask someone to justify their assertions. I acknowledge the warning. i apologize to Thehedra as well. 

You weren't given a warning.  I would never warn someone or moderate someone in a public post for everyone to read.  Moderation is done through the boards software and or PMs.  

I simply posted an opinion in an on going discussion.   Not every post I or a moderator makes is an "official" declaration.   These would typically be done in private PMs or an announcement of a change to site rules.

10 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

The comment might have been easy to miss, but I am offended by scarcz71 references to my dead mom.

If you believe any post is against the rules, there is a report post link above every post to report it so it can be looked at.

7 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Final comment Rich. The comment might have been easy to miss, but I am offended by scarcz71 references to my dead mom. 

I apologize for that comment, obviously I had no idea your mother has passed on. My dad passed away 2 weeks ago so i would never intentionally make a comment regarding a deceased parent. Using a phrase like "in your mom's basement" is fairly common when jabbing back and forth in a friendly rivalry, but I had no idea your mom passed away, so for that, I am truly sorry.

In my opinion, that is the problem when interlopers arrive at a site with a declared intent of "throwing mud" characterized by wanting to mix it up. It is a precursor to escalated ill will. Always has been.  And even in your apology, you are rationalizing your derogatory comments. 

Edited by Rod Black

7 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

In my opinion, that is the problem when interlopers arrive at a site with a declared intent of "throwing mud" characterized by wanting to mix it up. It is a precursor to escalated ill will. Always has been.  And even in your apology, you are justifying your derogatory comments. 

You need chocolate, beer, or both.

15 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

I apologize for that comment, obviously I had no idea your mother has passed on. My dad passed away 2 weeks ago so i would never intentionally make a comment regarding a deceased parent. Using a phrase like "in your mom's basement" is fairly common when jabbing back and forth in a friendly rivalry, but I had no idea your mom passed away, so for that, I am truly sorry.

Sorry about your dad. Hang in there.

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have no problem with fans from other teams coming here to discuss football. Zontar is here & he never causes any trouble. He's a knowledgeable fan who never mixes it up with us because there's never any need for him  to do so. But Rider fans? That's all most of  them do. One of the few Rider fans who tries to be respectful here is Atlantic Rider Fan. Doesn't post much here anymore but he's alright.

Unfortunately, the reality is this comment doesn't seem to carry as much weight when it's coming from somebody who has been just as guilty of initiating arguments. I've watched you harass Ripper over one opinion of his for what seems like days now and as an uninvested reader, it's just annoying to keep reading.

I didn't like Ripper's attitude of trolling either. Didn't think it crossed the line as something I could moderate, so I didn't but I didn't go out of my way to bother him (and by association, people trying to read threads) about it endlessly. 

My main thing is this: some folks here are incredibly quick to criticize Riderfans.com for the way they treat opposing fans. And I agree. Some of them are ignorant to all but the team some people cheer for. But look in the mirror. We're doing it too. 

21 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And "The Canuck Truck"... I remember like this: 

You know, the disappointing part about this sequence of events is it looked to heavily favour the Bomber... almost a sack, then a massive hit and subsequent defensive TD... but in reality it helped the Riders... no sack as he was not touched down, ruling was incomplete pass, rendering the hit and TD meaningless and Odell took 15 yards for the horse-collar on Durant...