Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rich

Personally, I'm scared about this game.  I just have this feeling that they're going to chew up lots of yards and clock. Sask's defense looks a lot tighter. They really closed up the middle of the field shutting down the run game lately and Harris isn't a big outside runner so interesting matchup.

If they shut down Harris I don't want to see lapo be stubborn and stick with it all game setting up constant second and longs. We can't rely on Harris every single game 

Edited by Judd

With Dressler back I actually think that will allow Lapo to open up the playbook; I mean I still wish we were having poop Johnson in the game as well somehow but we don't.  I'm sure we will get burned for a long run as well as burned for a couple big plays but I'm confident that our team can keep this one close.  I feel the team with the last possession of the ball is the team that wins this one and I believe that we have the ability to ensure we control that game so that we are the ones who have it.  Should be a high scoring, close match-up.  I don't expect either time to get blow outs like the last two rough rider games.

Yeah count me in for the group that is nervous for this game, not because I think that these teams are that close but more so that historically the records don't matter. If this was a game in October or July, I go Bombers all the way.

I also wasn't thrilled with how the offense moved the ball against the Als. I'm hoping they get Flanders more involved this week which in turn should free up Harris a bit more like in the Edmonton game, maybe not to the gaudy numbers he put up but in terms of helping create some space for him.

Harris actually seems like he could become the Blue Bombers Nick Lewis in the future; when he is ready to stop taking those hugue beatings he has the ability to get the YAC with those under routes to be a good second down conversion type piece.  Once Flanders has developed allowing us to always keep two Running Backs on the field at one time.  I too want to see more of Flanders this game just because I felt if we are going to have two running backs we need to utilize both of them so that defenses do not just focus on the one.  I did feel though that Flanders was not picking his holes well the last game which could be why he didn't seem to get used as often.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

Enough of all the other shenanigans, lets get back to talking all the fantastic football yet to come this weekend, and get the pregame thread rolling....

I'm not sure how I feel about Owens, I think he would make a better returner than Demski but it sounds like AJ Jefferson may be returning punts. The return of Dressler makes me a little nervous, he's usually good for a couple majors against us... any idea who he would be replacing? Denmark? 

Just now, szaroz71 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Owens, I think he would make a better returner than Demski but it sounds like AJ Jefferson may be returning punts. The return of Dressler makes me a little nervous, he's usually good for a couple majors against us... any idea who he would be replacing? Denmark? 

That's a real **** opinion if you ask me.

hah! Jokes.

The return of the draw.

CF896_B56-2_F9_C-4389-865_D-_AB3_BD14_C2 Passes,

Quick slants. And, of course our patented hurry up Offence .

I agree that the Riders will be pumped, and the best way to offset that is to take advantage of it. Let them charge, Let them blitz. Let's just use their pumped up energy and deflect it. 

Win special teams and cut down on penalties, and we'll be alright. 

That closed practice from yesterday means something. Hope it works out...

Glenn, yes Glenn, is having an excellent year. They've put him in an Offence that he thrives in, and he has the receivers in the lineup who compliment everything he's doing. Marshall doesn't hurt either. I know it's the popular thing to say it's Glenn, he'll revert, but I don't see that aspect in his game yet.

We're playing a team who feel good right now, but then, so are they playing a team with good vibes.

Good vibes will help carry the Riders but, we've already seen that once this year..on Canada ?? Day, in their brand new stadium...where they had all the advantages. And we held fast. We can do it again..

I'm not sure what everybody's worried about. The last two games the only reason they blew their opponents away was points on turnovers. The offence doesn't scare me at all. What have they managed 20 points a game? Bombers keep it close until the second half win by 14 points rush for over 150 yards.