Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rich

42 minutes ago, James said:

Can someone please explain yo me why they are sitting Johnson? Is he injured?

There was some. Mention of that being a possibility because he wasn't practicing earlier in the week. But, it might also be because of Ogopogo, simple as that... 

23 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Doesn't matter how the Riders are playing leading into this thing, this is the LDC and the Bombers have only won 3 of these games since 2000! Trepidation is a normal reaction for a Bomber fan on this weekend. That being said, I think we smoke em this year :)

If we are trotting out history as a means of measuring the outcome of this game, then i offer up Matty ice's 7-0 record against the riders. :D

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Speaking of Matt Nichols. It's time to recognize and celebrate... 

#TodayInBlueBomberHistory

Sept 2, 2015 - the #Bombers acquire QB Matt Nichols from Edmonton.

#MattyIce #FortHew #OnceABomberAlwaysABomber

A win tomorrow would be a great celebration...

Fixed.... 

7 hours ago, James said:

Can someone please explain yo me why they are sitting Johnson? Is he injured?

Well... Last game he played he took a couple bad penalties but like Thorpe... Appears to be a bit banged up..  Guy is a good player... And will be good but keep in mind hes a rookie to the CFL..  I kind of feel tho that they realize they have perhaps a decision to make on OKP and are giving him a couple games to show if hes worth keeping. 

22 hours ago, O2L said:

He's replacing Thorpe. So Denmark, Dressler, Adams, Lankford, Feoli-Gudino (and Harris/Flanders)

Actually Thorpe replaced Washington as a starter

It started as Adams, Denmark, Dressler, Washington and Feoli...With Lankford as DI

Lankford stayed in and took Dresslers starting position and Flanders took his DI spot.

I myself would use Conteh and Banning as a rotation combo for Roc...and Take out Roc and one of Opo/Jfeffcoat and dress Poop and Thorpe....that would give us the best line-up

Jones could come in and do just fine as the extra db in lieu of Roc

Just now, Fraser said:

I love  that  we have a clutch fg kicker but would  love it even  more (as would my blood pressure if we just converted  a ton of touchdowns in the red zone. 

We know that we have as good a place-kicker as has ever played in the CFL, and if the Bombers could cash in more than half their red-zone chances, they would be near-unbeatable.  I hope that Walters, O'Shea and LaPolice are going to tweak something to make that happen.