What will be different in the Banjo Bowl?

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Does not really matter - Looks like Holly will be in for Demski and give them yet more weapons against the Richie Hall Bend Bend and then Break Defense. I think the change actually makes the Riders stronger.

It doesn't matter that they're missing  their best RB and a pretty good Canadian that had a 90 yard return on us?  Okay then..

8 minutes ago, Judd said:

It doesn't matter that they're missing  their best RB and a pretty good Canadian that had a 90 yard return on us?  Okay then..

meh I wouldn't put too much stock in the previous poster's comments.  pessimism reigns supreme whenever he comes around... oddly enough, only after a loss..

17 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

meh I wouldn't put too much stock in the previous poster's comments.  pessimism reigns supreme whenever he comes around... oddly enough, only after a loss..

not really - I lost contact with this site some time ago and only found it again when I installed my new laptop. That happened last week. But think what you like - most of what you have to say is just jibber jabber IMHO.

Just now, BBRT said:

not really - I lost contact with this site some time ago and only found it again when I installed my new laptop. That happened last week. But think what you like - most of what you have to say is just jibber jabber IMHO.

you're entitled to your opinion..   I seem to recall you from OB and now here doing the same ole same ole.. but hey whatever gets you outta bed in the mornings.

49 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Does not really matter - Looks like Holly will be in for Demski and give them yet more weapons against the Richie Hall Bend Bend and then Break Defense. I think the change actually makes the Riders stronger.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about if you believe these changes - based on losing starters to injury - make the Riders stronger. Holley hasn't played in over a month.

23 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

For all the dooms day talk over here, the Riders scored exactly 3 points in the second half. 

Our D actually played really well, most of our wounds were self inflicted by the Offence.

Did the D play good, or did the riders play 'don't make the big mistake' in the second half?  Hard to truly evaluate things in what was essentially extended garbage time.  I think the D was better, but I also feel they changed modes, so I go with combination.  If the Bombers had the same lead, I expect we would have seen similar happen.  These head to heads if you get a chance to not show everything, you don't.

Barring one freak run the riders run game was really bad, that is a huge plus to repeat.  

Harris needs to have more success up the gut so as to open up the passing game over the middle.  The riders are playing a very aggressive D style with a lot of press coverage, so those outside passes are going to have limited success.  Need to combat that with slants/posts, and in order to open that up you need to have success on the ground up the middle.  I think that will be the biggest change, especially if that James fellow is not playing, because he was pretty swallowing in there.  Read on hear that he was on crutches.  Hate to see a player hurt, but it likely improves those runs.

On D, I am not a fan of Hall.  I don't mind the play of the front 7 for the most part, but the secondary strategy leaves a lot to be desired.   Bombers have the number one O, and that is great, but they need it because the secondary sucks.  Only Hamilton gives up more points or yards.  I love a team that can score, and I love shootouts, but it is hard to ride that game in and game out long term.    Some of that was masked because we were seeing turnovers, but that seems to have dropped off.    The riders seemed to stray from their quick hitter game a fair bit, and I am expecting to see more of a return to that this week.  Need to stay aggressive and jump one of those and take it to the house.  

36 minutes ago, tracker said:

The most obvious differences will be that almost all of the crowd will have their own teeth and not look suspiciously like their dates for the game.

there actually seemed to be a few good looking women in the crowd there for a change. Must have been from out of Province.

Jones is the anti Don Matthews, Don brought everyone Jones rushes three.

got to figure out how to beat Henoc Muamba, who I think is playing really well at this time. cause the Bombers got 37 yards rushing, and yet couldn't do much with their short passing either.

also, need Poop and persuage defence to stop diving at ball carriers, and tackle instead. do not know how you do that.

In my (actually) humble opinion.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

you're entitled to your opinion..   I seem to recall you from OB and now here doing the same ole same ole.. but hey whatever gets you outta bed in the mornings.

not at all I have been very positive this year. Just have not posted much here as per my aforementioned issue. And I have no problem getting out of bed in the mornings - but thanks for the kind thoughts. Still maintain that one more receiver available to the Riders even at the expense of Marshall makes them that much tougher against the Richie Hall bend bend break style of defense. 

Still not convinced that the Bombers are an elite team - they could be with a tighter defense but never going to happen with Richie Hall IMHO.

58 minutes ago, tracker said:

The most obvious differences will be that almost all of the crowd will have their own teeth and not look suspiciously like their dates for the game.

and you know the Rider fans in the crowd as they will be the ones standing in the washroom all confused at the miracle of water flowing out of mysterious metal pipes.  

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Chris Jones reports RB Cameron Marshall will be out for at least two to three weeks. DT Nick James also won't play Saturday in Winnipeg.

As well as Nick Demsky I believe.. he was seen in a boot. 

and Bruce Campbell.  is he playing or will he be fighting more deadites?

Edited by SPuDS

I only remember the Riders having 3 big plays on offence only because the Bomber defenders were out to lunch, Roosevelts TD, Marshalls big run and Grant's big catch and run. Other than that, they got their points off of the INT and Demskis punt return.

In my world, had the Bombers just been assignment sound in the game, they win.  If the Bombers don't shoot themselves in the foot again at the Banjo Bowl they should win comfortably.

Now if the Riders win then we have to admit that the Bombers just aren't as good as we thought they were and that we need to start replacing players before things snowball.