(SOURCE) Contract Extensions for Maurice AND Chevy

Jimmy Pop

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

ya, thats why he signed him to the extension.. so he has one more buffer between him and being fired..

unreal.

Yea unreal that we would sign a coach to an extension when even the captain has come out an stated that this is the year..no more excuses. But if you have better theory why we extended a coach that missed the playoffs ....again?

10 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yea unreal that we would sign a coach to an extension when even the captain has come out an stated that this is the year..no more excuses. But if you have better theory why we extended a coach that missed the playoffs ....again?

One has nothing to do with the other.  You handcuff your coach if you let him be a lame duck.  Either fire him or extend him. 

11 minutes ago, bb1 said:

a) continuality..  hes had some moments of well done coaching mixed in with his failures.  let him keep at it, hes got the locker room..

b ) hes had success.  hes had success here.  its not like his time here has been nothing but failure and dire straits.

c) I tend to defer to people who's livelihoods are based upon those decisions.   Sure, Chevy's not infallible and has not been a GM for all that long but I trust his decision making more so then someone on a football forum lol.

and lastly, D) I like the coach. I like his style.   I can't be in the lone one who thinks this way if he was given an extension.  I'd assume Chevy had to clear this with management before signing him again.. 

and whats the worst that can happen?  We buy out his contract?  oh noes.

11 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

a) continuality..  hes had some moments of well done coaching mixed in with his failures.  let him keep at it, hes got the locker room..

b ) hes had success.  hes had success here.  its not like his time here has been nothing but failure and dire straits.

c) I tend to defer to people who's livelihoods are based upon those decisions.   Sure, Chevy's not infallible and has not been a GM for all that long but I trust his decision making more so then someone on a football forum lol.

and lastly, D) I like the coach. I like his style.   I can't be in the lone one who thinks this way if he was given an extension.  I'd assume Chevy had to clear this with management before signing him again.. 

and whats the worst that can happen?  We buy out his contract?  oh noes.

Success? One playoff no wins? The bar is really low in the Peg. What would of been the harm of a 1 year contract? You know to say to the players there is no excuses left? Oh noes we can't have a lame duck coach...he would have to produce results!

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

One has nothing to do with the other.  You handcuff your coach if you let him be a lame duck.  Either fire him or extend him. 

A one year contract no lame duck in that, last time I looked.  Produce or else. Wow million dollar contracts and now have to be multi year or it's a terrible contract? Normal working folk should be so hard done by.?

34 minutes ago, bb1 said:

It's not a theory, it's preparing for, executing, evaluating and believing in their short, mid and long term plans. Obviously ownership is comfortable with those plans but not without I'm sure some disagreements. This is where  not being privy to those in-depth war room discussions and details only allows us to speculate  (which is obviously fun to do as a fan). There is something to be said for job security influencing where one's focus needs to be.  Fearing someone into being productive usually doesn't work.

Regardless of the extension, Maurice and Chevy will not sit back now and coast, the pressure has and will always be on till the day they are shown the door. 

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's not a theory, it's preparing for, executing, evaluating and believing in their short, mid and long term plans. Obviously ownership is comfortable with those plans but not without I'm sure some disagreements. This is where  not being privy to those in-depth war room discussions and details only allows us to speculate  (which is obviously fun to do as a fan). There is something to be said for job security influencing where one's focus needs to be.  Fearing someone into being productive usually doesn't work.

Regardless of the extension, Maurice and Chevy will not sit back now and coast, the pressure has and will always be on till the day they are shown the door. 

Yes they are now motivated to do better with those multi year contracts in their back pockets. Good on them continue the good work.

18 hours ago, bb1 said:

A one year contract no lame duck in that, last time I looked.  Produce or else. Wow million dollar contracts and now have to be multi year or it's a terrible contract? Normal working folk should be so hard done by.?

Thats actually the definition of a lame duck.  The only thing less than a one year contract is no contract.  And yes, sadly, people like you and me are not in pro sports.  Thats just the way it is.

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If Maurice struggles this year... Hes done. #RiseTogether means they expect playoffs.. If they dont... Maurice is done. 

I would agree.  And his new contract has little bearing.  Had he entered this season as a lame duck, it would mean they were not comfortable with him so the hook might have come sooner.  But with no cap implications with coach salaries, if the Jets want to fire him, they will.