New DB arriving?

Booch

yeah he did...but Thorpe still offers more on offence and potentially ST's than Lankford does...that's the issue.

Imagine having Harris, Flanders and Thorpe in certain sets...If the defense is trying to key on one of Flanders or Harris then most likely Thorpe is going to be isolated on one guy and  we all know what he can do with yac and making guys miss, or just breaking a tackle...now imagine him one on one and breaking free in an open filed and not contending with the extra guy or two who are pre-occupied with Harris/Flander... instead of Lankford out there who cant play a part in that scheme and is usually just taking a corner out of the fraccass down a sideline

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah he did...but Thorpe still offers more on offence and potentially ST's than Lankford does...that's the issue.

Imagine having Harris, Flanders and Thorpe in certain sets...If the defense is trying to key on one of Flanders or Harris then most likely Thorpe is going to be isolated on one guy and  we all know what he can do with yac and making guys miss, or just breaking a tackle...now imagine him one on one and breaking free in an open filed and not contending with the extra guy or two who are pre-occupied with Harris/Flander... instead of Lankford out there who cant play a part in that scheme and is usually just taking a corner out of the fraccass down a sideline

I would love to see more twin back sets with those 2.    I like Harris, but I actually think I am a bigger fan of Flanders.

23 minutes ago, Booch said:

Brian Walker came here after camp...or right at the end of camp.

Pretty sure it was this Walker JR that they were impressed with and was  kind of a shock he was let go

Yea I recall him getting lots of praise then he was cut the next day, lol.   wasn't sure if it was to pursue another option or what.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Image result for darnell walker jr

that hair tho...  I'm starting to think Osh has a soft spot for players with crazy do's

Walker Sr. played in the NFL, another player with a good pedigree.

Darnell Walker (born January 17, 1970) is a former cornerback in the NFL. He played for the Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, and Detroit Lions from 1993-2000.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Walker Sr. played in the NFL, another player with a good pedigree.

Darnell Walker (born January 17, 1970) is a former cornerback in the NFL. He played for the Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, and Detroit Lions from 1993-2000.

It makes me feel old that the father of a current Bomber was still playing football in 2000...

19 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Yea I recall him getting lots of praise then he was cut the next day, lol.   wasn't sure if it was to pursue another option or what.

Walker Jr was injured in training camp. 6 week recovery time and was released. (June 12)

"O’Shea indicated Sheppard will be out two weeks; Walker Jr. will be lost for six weeks and Coates won’t play against Edmonton on Thursday."

--Ed Tait- bluebombers.com

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/06/12/training-camp-day-14-second-chance/

Edited by Marshall

16 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Carmichael should've been cut after week two, I don't know how he managed to stay on the roster for half the season.

I don't know what our penchant is for holding on to players that are clearly no good ...We have made some blunders.... I think mostly to do with Mike O'Shea's 'allegiance' to some players...It cost us some key td's against, because this joker couldn't cover, but we still tried to beat a dead beat...He didn't work out 'as planned' is an under statement and it took this long to figure it out...??? Sometimes I have to wonder. Nice to see we came to our senses though.

Edited by Stickem

12 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

They should just brought back Bruce Johnson, unless he hasnt recovered from hus injury.

except his cover skills were shredded when he was here.. and I believe Walters or O'shea actually said they were not a big fan of his cover skills... which happens so rarely that it makes me believe they were very happy to move on from him... plus his contract wasn't as cheap as guys who can do as well as he did.. with a higher ceiling if they panned out.

#29 Walker was on the field practicing today with the rest of the squad. Excellent late summer weather. Players used no pads and no contact. Quick paced drills. Magnificent one hand catch drill were #33, #7,#5, and #1 caught my eye. Crew was vocal and loose. #23 was waving his hands around and pointy pointing a lot. Looks like a leader. #83 catches everything. 

#9, booted several 55 yard fg's, with room to spare. #2 was doing the holding. 

#80 looks like a hell of a talent. Big, smooth routes, soft hands. 

Several occasions the house noise was turned up to way past comfortable. 

Did not see ...#16.

Edited by Rod Black

17 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Tha'd be our boy Drew Wolitarsky....

good to see he is looking well in practice... but we all know about practice studs.    hopefully he gets some meaningful reps and looks just as at home... once the butterflies and heebeejeebies are gone.

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

good to see he is looking well in practice... but we all know about practice studs.    hopefully he gets some meaningful reps and looks just as at home... once the butterflies and heebeejeebies are gone.

Third on the pecking order, I can't see him getting any playing time this year unless they have a rash of injuries among their Natl. receivers.  Should be a good battle at next year's TC though.