Loudest Fans

O2L

21 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Doesn't surprise me that people are downplaying the 4 decibel difference in peak loudness.  Newsflash for the unwashed - decibel level isn't a linear measurement (quadratic logarithm)!  108 vs 104 is so much louder that Mosaic isn't even close.  

It also doesn't  surprise me that people  from sk don't  understand  quadratic logarithms

It was super bizarre,  the meter on the tv showed it to be 108 several times,   Sara Orlevsky said her reading was 109.... yet they registered only a 104 on the tsn graphics.   

What I like was when Gord Miller said it was a tie and Matty D said no it wasn't  and that Winnipeg won.  

Doesn't surprise me the network that glorifys the Riders every chance they get would rarely show the decibel meter during the banjo bowl but constantly show it during the LDC, try to tell us we tied when we were clearly louder. Never mind trying to hide the fact that we were 108 decibels instead of 104. What a joke.

Atleast some sanity has finally trickled in to the gappers fan site. One well known frequent poster admitted that IGF was louder in the midst of all the "its a tie" talk. Ofcourse he had to justify it by claiming the stadium roofs, size, etc was the reason. Never the less, it dont matter. Sorry TSN, we the loudest.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

It was super bizarre,  the meter on the tv showed it to be 108 several times,   Sara Orlevsky said her reading was 109.... yet they registered only a 104 on the tsn graphics.   

What I like was when Gord Miller said it was a tie and Matty D said no it wasn't  and that Winnipeg won.  

They only measured the levels at certain times (kick off, opposing drives in each quarter, etc). So even though we reached 107 when Harris was being introduced and 108 on the Leggett INT, it couldn't count.

I am sure the Riders got louder than 104 on some of their big plays as well, but in order to make this "fair", they recorded the measurements at similar points in each game. And using those parameters, we came out ahead.

While it was nice to know that we are, without question, the loudest fans in the league, what's most important to me is that we're the best fans. We're the most knowledgeable fans. We have the fan base with the most die hards that stick by the team and show up for games when the team is hot ****, which sadly we've had to prove too many times lately. 

**** every other fan base, ESPECIALLY those assholes to the west... They all pale in comparison. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

While it was nice to know that we are, without question, the loudest fans in the league, what's most important to me is that we're the best fans. We're the most knowledgeable fans. We have the fan base with the most die hards that stick by the team and show up for games when the team is hot ****, which sadly we've had to prove too many times lately. 

**** every other fan base, ESPECIALLY those assholes to the west... They all pale in comparison. 

And we're easy on the eyes too!

The designs of the two stadiums does indeed help. Our stadium is a tighter footprint putting the fans closer to the field of play and the having the ends closed in just a bit more aides as well. Mosaic is a bit more open with a lower seating angle wider sidelines and, therefore, creating more open space. I do believe that if Mosaic had a tighter design bring the fans in closer and enclosing the one end of the stadium more it would have been as loud.  We can all try and dispel that design of the stadiums doesn't play a role but I think that just wouldn't be accurate. In theory Edmonton and BC should have the loudest fans as they can put more fans in their stadiums.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

They only measured the levels at certain times (kick off, opposing drives in each quarter, etc). So even though we reached 107 when Harris was being introduced and 108 on the Leggett INT, it couldn't count.

I am sure the Riders got louder than 104 on some of their big plays as well, but in order to make this "fair", they recorded the measurements at similar points in each game. And using those parameters, we came out ahead.

It was stated that Mosaics peak level recorded was 104

Just now, Brandon said:

On riderfans they claimed that the club gave out noise makers and that with the wind and other factors this is why we had a higher score...

Hmm... I don't remember seeing noise makers being given out. Maybe those inflatable clappers that make a goofy 'doink' noise? 25% off horns and bells at the kiosks... I don't really buy it. We're just plain louder, even with a bunch of unwashed Rider fans clogging the crowd and sitting on their filthy hands while we're making noise.

I went down the rabbit hole of twitter comments about the decibel level after the game.

Roughwhiner fans were complaining about air horns and banjos. "The CFL has outlawed these at stadiums, how can the Bombers be allowed to have them!!" Say what? The CFL doesn't outlaw anything. Each team/stadium has their own rules.

"They used fireworks!!" Well, yes, but not during the play when the decibel level was being measured.

They seem equally upset about the loss in the stands as they do about the loss on the field.

33 minutes ago, JCon said:

I went down the rabbit hole of twitter comments about the decibel level after the game.

Roughwhiner fans were complaining about air horns and banjos. "The CFL has outlawed these at stadiums, how can the Bombers be allowed to have them!!" Say what? The CFL doesn't outlaw anything. Each team/stadium has their own rules.

"They used fireworks!!" Well, yes, but not during the play when the decibel level was being measured.

They seem equally upset about the loss in the stands as they do about the loss on the field.

I find that funny, cause I remember during the LDC, some stupid siren in the background that annoyed the **** out of me...