Loudest Fans

O2L

1 hour ago, JCon said:

They seem equally upset about the loss in the stands as they do about the loss on the field.

That's because they believe the crap they've been fed about how they're special little snowflakes and there are no fans as good as they are. Reality is Bomber fans have always been better and louder than Rider fans, the media just never had to stroke our egos like they had to with poor widdle Rider fans. 

7 minutes ago, Medlockmoney said:

Glad to see we won the loudest fans as well as the game!

On a side note, didn't teams use to get penalized for asking their fans to make noise? Montreal games are torture with that stupid "make some noise!...." before every play... SO Annoying!

I think that is only after they break the huddle.

On 10/09/2017 at 10:25 AM, Dragon37 said:

The designs of the two stadiums does indeed help. Our stadium is a tighter footprint putting the fans closer to the field of play and the having the ends closed in just a bit more aides as well. Mosaic is a bit more open with a lower seating angle wider sidelines and, therefore, creating more open space. I do believe that if Mosaic had a tighter design bring the fans in closer and enclosing the one end of the stadium more it would have been as loud.  We can all try and dispel that design of the stadiums doesn't play a role but I think that just wouldn't be accurate. In theory Edmonton and BC should have the loudest fans as they can put more fans in their stadiums.

The Roof design has got to be a factor but I don't think size matters that much. One of the Bomber lineman (too lazy to check who) said that he played in front of much larger crowds in college but IGF fans are closer so IGF is louder. A huge covered stadium like the Cowboy stadium might bounce sound around I guess but distance from fan to field matters. 

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

The Roof design has got to be a factor but I don't think size matters that much. One of the Bomber lineman (too lazy to check who) said that he played in front of much larger crowds in college but IGF fans are closer so IGF is louder. A huge covered stadium like the Cowboy stadium might bounce sound around I guess but distance from fan to field matters. 

I never said the roof has anything to do with it. It is the fact that the design of our "contains" the sound more than Regina's does. Their stands are wider apart and one end of Mosaic is more open than the ends of IGF.

1 minute ago, Dragon37 said:

I never said the roof has anything to do with it. It is the fact that the design of our "contains" the sound more than Regina's does. Their stands are wider apart and one end of Mosaic is more open than the ends of IGF.

Sorry. I meant that the IFG roof seems more like a reflector than the Mosaic which seems more curved but I am not a sound engineer.

3 hours ago, Saidin said:

I find that funny, cause I remember during the LDC, some stupid siren in the background that annoyed the **** out of me...

I also seem to remember us getting an artificial noise flag at Canad inns a couple years ago but almost every team but us has some squealing siren before the snap/

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm amazed that sirens don't get banned,   it's extremely annoying.

Riders have the worst one by far. When they moved to the new stadium I thought perhaps the siren would go away. If anything it got louder. It sounds like a bunch of people hitting the panic alarms on their rigs and tractors and buggies and such.

36 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Riders have the worst one by far. When they moved to the new stadium I thought perhaps the siren would go away. If anything it got louder. It sounds like a bunch of people hitting the panic alarms on their rigs and tractors and buggies and such.

That siren mounted atop the ugly green ATV Gainer rides around the stadium has to be one of the dumbest, lamest things in all sports. I'm honestly surprised that's even allowed: having an EMS siren on a non-emergency vehicle.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That siren mounted atop the ugly green ATV Gainer rides around the stadium has to be one of the dumbest, lamest things in all sports. I'm honestly surprised that's even allowed: having an EMS siren on a non-emergency vehicle.

I mean, if they run it for a TD celebration fine. But the fact that they keep it going into the kick off and during play, that should be stopped. 

Loudest? We are. #Fact 

Im at the point with Rider fans where i just dont care anymore what they say. Like every team they have good fans and bad fans.. Smart ones and dumbasses but man, lots of them are just dumb and have no clue of their history.. Best fans in the league... When winning.

Edited by Goalie

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Loudest? We are. #Fact 

Im at the point with Rider fans where i just dont care anymore what they say. Like every team they have good fans and bad fans.. Smart ones and dumbasses but man, lots of them are just dumb and have no clue of their history.. Best fans in the league... When winning.

Ugh, no way. They're mostly just smug homers when their team is winning. Easily the most insufferable fanbase in the CFL - win or lose.

19 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Ugh, no way. They're mostly just smug homers when their team is winning. Easily the most insufferable fanbase in the CFL - win or lose.

Yeah, the way they go on you'd think their team as been a dynasty for the last decade.  Reality is they have won 2 Grey Cups since the Bombers last won.

While that's 2 more than the Bombers it is still less than the average.  BC, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal have all won more Cups since 1990 than the Riders.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Loudest? We are. #Fact 

Im at the point with Rider fans where i just dont care anymore what they say. Like every team they have good fans and bad fans.. Smart ones and dumbasses but man, lots of them are just dumb and have no clue of their history.. Best flakes in the league... When whining.

Fixed that for you.

19 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Sorry. I meant that the IFG roof seems more like a reflector than the Mosaic which seems more curved but I am not a sound engineer.

It may play a role, but I am no engineer either.  to me it looks like both might hold sound in in some way or other. :)